Commissioned Artwork

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Commissioned Artwork

Postby Tanith » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Given how small the pool of fans is for the original PS series, I recently decided to commission some artwork over at dA. This will be an ongoing project for me, as long as I have the time and money for it.

The first piece I commissioned is a redesign of Amy. (All of the pieces will be for new character ideas.) I thought you all might want to see it, too. Feel free to comment on the elements of Amy's design (since those are all mine), but I ask that if you have critiques regarding the actual artwork itself that you take it to dA out of respect for the artist.

http://hasay.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ymym0

Also, if you have any ideas for redesigning any of the characters out of the entire series, please don't hesitate to pass them on to me. I'm taking notes!

Last edited by Tanith on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby HTD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Great work
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: Commissioned Artwork

Postby Daren » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 am

Tanith wrote:Given how small the pool of fans is for the original PS series, I recently decided to commission some artwork over at dA. This will be an ongoing project for me, as long as I have the time and money for it.

The first piece I commissioned is a redesign of Amy. (All of the pieces will be for new character ideas.) I thought you all might want to see it, too. Feel free to comment on the elements of Amy's design (since those are all mine), but I ask that if you have critiques regarding the actual artwork itself that you take it to dA out of respect for the artist.

http://hasay.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ymym0

Also, if you have any ideas for redesigning any of the characters out of the entire series, please don't hesitate to pass them on to me. I'm taking notes!

How much did this cost you? Cause it's pretty good :)
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:43 am

It was $30 USD, which seemed reasonable to me. Glad you all liked it! I have two in the works as I type this: Shir and Princess Kara. I'm gathering ideas primarily for the PSII and PSIII characters, but I'll gladly take ideas for any character in the series. This has turned into a really fun project for me, and I like discussing how other fans would redesign the characters. Certainly we can come up with better designs than the Generation remakes (well, I'm mostly referring to PSG2. PSG1 actually had decent redesigns, save Odin's hair).

I'm not really focusing on the PSIV characters because I think their designs are pretty good already. The only things I'd change, I think, would be to tone down the clunky armor and boots and get rid of Rika's cape.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby HTD » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Left to Right:

Amy Sage Remake, Amy Sage PS2 Style

Its a little rushed, obviously I could not put in so much detail if I wanted to stay true to the ps4 graphic style.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Tanith » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:26 am

D'aww! That is totally adorable, HTD! And you just made my day, making a sprite from my Amy redesign! Thank you! Do you mind if I save it? I like collecting interesting PS stuff.

Anyway, Shir is coming along; shouldn't be too long before I can share another piece! (The artist working on Princess Kara is quite busy, so that'll take a while.)
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:31 am

Huh... This is quite interesting... I liked the redesigned illustration. Mind if I take a crack at this too?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby HTD » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:37 am

Tanith wrote:D'aww! That is totally adorable, HTD! And you just made my day, making a sprite from my Amy redesign! Thank you! Do you mind if I save it? I like collecting interesting PS stuff.

Anyway, Shir is coming along; shouldn't be too long before I can share another piece! (The artist working on Princess Kara is quite busy, so that'll take a while.)

Glad you liked it.
Its your design, so go for it.
Perhaps I'll work on some of the other designs when you update your thread.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Tanith » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:35 am

WING-0 wrote:Huh... This is quite interesting... I liked the redesigned illustration. Mind if I take a crack at this too?

Please do! Oh, that would be excellent! It's fun for me even without other people's input, but I'm really looking for community involvement here.

What were your ideas? Did you want to coordinate? Did you mean you would help with illustrations as well (because if you did, I will love you forever) (figuratively, of course) (and I would pay you for your work, obviously). You can PM me, too, if you want.

HTD- I would love that! Matching sprites to go with the project? This has just become an infinitely better project!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Excited? Why do you ask? :wink: )
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:49 am

I don't know if I understand well (i'm not english).
You paid a drawer for doing PS characters remakes ? 30$ ? I want it too !! :P

BTW, it is true that there are few orginial PS fan-artists on those days. But I'm planning drawing original PS girls, on the maneer of you artist. Check my thread, I've done Alair and Laya, but there are pretty old, so I plan to redoing them.
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:58 am

Tanith wrote:
WING-0 wrote:Huh... This is quite interesting... I liked the redesigned illustration. Mind if I take a crack at this too?

Please do! Oh, that would be excellent! It's fun for me even without other people's input, but I'm really looking for community involvement here.

What were your ideas? Did you want to coordinate? Did you mean you would help with illustrations as well (because if you did, I will love you forever) (figuratively, of course) (and I would pay you for your work, obviously). You can PM me, too, if you want.

HTD- I would love that! Matching sprites to go with the project? This has just become an infinitely better project!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Excited? Why do you ask? :wink: )

Wait, wait... I'm suddenly confused. Please explain the terms to me. Are we talking me illustrating? If so, yes, I could do it, and would gladly do it. Payment... Uh... yay? ( :) ) And what do you mean with coordinating? Last time I was told to coordinate, I was inadvertently placed to design the clothing for an actress' costume in a theatric troupe. I was initially told I would design just the clothing, not direct a group of tailors and shoemakers (who woulda known... I happen to have experience in costume design and it just hit me! :/ I'm dense as lead!!!).
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Tanith » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:59 am

WING-0 wrote:Wait, wait... I'm suddenly confused. Please explain the terms to me. Are we talking me illustrating? If so, yes, I could do it, and would gladly do it. Payment... Uh... yay? ( :) ) And what do you mean with coordinating?

By coordination, I just meant the cooperation/marriage of our ideas. Nothing complicated like managing entire wardrobes, I promise! And I can't tell you how pleased I would be if you could help with illustrations. For one, because it would be easier to communicate with you rather than an outside artist, and for another, because I've seen your sketches here and they are very much in the style I'm looking for. I'm sending you a PM.

Moonlight Shadow- I really love the work you've done, and I'm about to post in your thread, too. I think that if I get too many illustrators on board (I'm up to three now), I will go insane trying to keep track of everything. However, by all means throw ideas at me, and keep up that art of yours! It's gorgeous!
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Don't bother with that, I plan to draw all the classic PS girls, one by one... Starting with the PS3 ones, of course ! But I'm so lazy... :?
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Tanith » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:16 am

Shir's sketch is done:

http://hasay.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zi78s

Now on to the coloring. I'm a little nervous about Shir's design. Not because of the artist, whom I think is doing an awesome job with all the details I sent her, but because I think I added too many details with Shir. So, entirely my fault.

On the other hand, she might turn out just fine and I'm worrying over nothing. Obviously this version of Shir is not your friendly girl-next-door in a sailor dress. That never worked for me, considering Shir is 21 years old and a thief. She needs a suitably badass design and something more adult, too.

And yes, Shir can equip guns. She has one in her text game, too.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:56 am

Tanith wrote:Shir's sketch is done:

http://hasay.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zi78s
From that... You just can't go wrong. Amazing!
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Next

Return to Fan stuff