London MCM expo October '10

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

London MCM expo October '10

Postby Semix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:08 am

The following text is copied from my tumblr:

Okay on saturday, here’s what happened:
Got up about 6, after going to sleep about 1am the that morning. Quickly dress in the shirt my neighbour made fore me (higurashi with shion on the back) and ate corn flakes, then we get a ring at the door. Neighbours are round, I get my bad and leave. Get in the car, and Becky has her cosplay on (my neighbour) and then off we go. Tired, and not sure how to use luke’s old phone, I discover my £10 credit I put on it 3 years ago had ran out. How sad.
Got there, and queue….not that bad. We had early tickets and were there before it opened, the queue line took 10 minutes to walk to the front while it was empty it was so big, but then people just sat down and chatted. They gave out freebies and I got a couple of DVDs. Then a siren goes off…EVERYONE CHEERS. As we walk everyone sticks their hands our for people to hi-five them as we queue. Got in quickly, and WOW. Epic fails to describe it. Plush toys, and cosplayers everywhere.
After we established a meeting place, I was off to explore and I already bought a £15 miku plush toy. Hard not to spend money, and I spent all £70 I took. Firstly I got that, then the necklace and I had a go on PS move. Took some pictures with cosplayers I thought had cool costumes (such as miku or rena) then I got to see 10 min of a ubisoft director Q&A. It was not in vain though, I would return. Went out for some fresh air about this point, still more cosplayers arriving, loads of cute Japanese girls. I saw Jigglypuff give head to bowser, and then off to lunch. We ate stuff we brought with us, in the car park <3
Back in, and I was determined to have a go at Assassins creed brotherhood. And I did, epic fun gameplay, people watching you from behind added pressure. Came 3rd or 8 people, and I was okay with that. Then the queue for meeting the voice of Ezio from AC2, I started talking with a girl who was an AC2 fan in the queue, but I had nothing for ezio to sign. We then went together to the next ubisoft Q&A, and us two asked the most question, she owned them. ;)
Then back to meeting, and I was running out of money. I got some manga and whatnot. Then we were going to see the euro cosplay contest, best cosplayers from europe. After quickly spending every last penny on manga, we went.
3 hours of either boredom or epicness, hard to say. It was cool but took a while. Miku at the end though made it all up. Portugal won! Some guy dressed as Leonidus from 300, he was epic. Then we leave and head home, show over. Got home about 11:30, hungry and excited to get out what I bought. Here it is:
1. 5 Mangas (2 haruhi / 3 Higurashi)
2. Miku plush
3. Miku bag
4. Massive plush leek
5. FFXIII keyring
6. L necklace
and I got some free xbox pens and 2 free PS moves shirts.
I would have gone into the expo more, but I’m tired tonight, but of course that’s not all that happened. Tons of epic pictures too, but I wish I had more.
Also, shoutout to becky who was on live TV TWICE in the event, in an interview and as a flagbearer, and big thanks for letting me go with them.
Epic = Mcm expo
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:46 am

Sounds like you've had a fun time. Nice!

By the way, were there hot cosplayers around? Spill the beans, Semix!
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Semix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:24 pm

haha, yes there was. There really was. Check my pictures on facebook for more?
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Link?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Semix » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Um, you have me on facebook don't you? Check my photos for an album named MCM expo. If not, PM me. There is ONE picture on my tumblr though http://semifivetwoeight.tumblr.com/
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to General Discussion