CAN I HAZ PULITICS? (Political ponderings to complain about)

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby The HuBBs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:47 pm

ROFLMAO. He hasn't improved relations. He merely bent over to the will of the majority to make the world happy.

and some of what is listed on wtfobamadid.whatever are things affected by his passing of the $780 billion bill in his first year. He didn't pass those things on his own or run them thru the house. the rest of the stuff involving banks was part of the bailout agreement that banks had to compy with in order to get the money.

also...

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/pro ... se-broken/
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Er... He's in his first year. Give him time. Even if he does break his promises don't pretend he's the first president to ever break a promise before. Do you feel America would had been in better hands had McCain been elected??
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby The HuBBs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:38 pm

no he's in his first term. we are almost done with his 2nd year. Which he wasted by campaigning. And no I didn't like McCain either. I wanted Ron Paul or Hilary.
Last edited by The HuBBs on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:32 pm

The HuBBs wrote:ROFLMAO. He hasn't improved relations. He merely bent over to the will of the majority to make the world happy.

So he improved relations but you didn't like how?
and some of what is listed on wtfobamadid.whatever are things affected by his passing of the $780 billion bill in his first year. He didn't pass those things on his own or run them thru the house. the rest of the stuff involving banks was part of the bailout agreement that banks had to compy with in order to get the money.

That doesn't count, why?

Being selective with the facts, aren't we? Here's a better link: http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/.

As you can see, he's kept far more promises than broken.

And did you already forget all the atrocities that Bush committed? Like the Iraq war and the PATRIOT Act?
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Much of the current situation of the US as a whole comes from the Bush administration. Obama couldn't fix that even in his first term and I honestly doubt he will be able to even if he gets reelected.

As I have babbled before, two consecutive wars in two consecutive nitroglicerin areas is going to leave consequences for the next term, the one that follows and those that come later.

What Bush and his "Hawks" didn't foresee or didn't give much of a crap about, is this:

Soldiers march into a country, kill local people, missiles rain over houses (with great precision), wounding, killing and maiming civilians, schools are destroyed, afterwards, the country is occupied, and a puppet regime is installed. But there is a "resistance" force over there in the hills...

Of COURSE there will be people who will go and join them.

Maybe not now, not tomorrow, maybe in ten years...

That's how you breed terrorism.

By doing that, the Bush administration ensured a steady supply of terrorists for the next thirty years at least.

It's something Obama CAN NOT FIX. His successor WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO either.

Exterminating the Talibans or Iraqui insurgents will not solve it either, because the seed's been already planted in the youngest generation.

But so what? It's not like Dick Cheney will suffer the consequences... He's what? A million years old? And Bush? Pfffft...

The ones that will suffer will be the civilians of the US.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby The HuBBs » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:18 am

no you breed terrorism by giving them weapons that they turn around and shot back at you because of religious zealotry. We supplied Al Qaida with weapoins in the early 80's to fight of the soviets. We also supplied weapons to Iraq and Saddamm took advantage and in a stalin ish way seized power.

So he improved relations but you didn't like how?

bending over is not improving anything. his idea of improving relations by going with what most of europe thinks (i.e. iraq invasion is bad) instead of opening up diplomacy. He only did it to make the big kids like him.

That doesn't count, why?

For the simple fact that the stimulus package is a waste of money. What was passed to create jobs has failed utterly. The unemployment rate still stand at a staggering 9.6%. Instead the bill was used to create short term projects that only temporarily created jobs.

So far I see nothing wrong about the patriot act. In fact I have yet to see any negative results from it. As for the Iraq war we have our differnce of opinions. And if I am being selective than so are you by picking a site that only showed the"good" accomplishments. And I am not a fan Dubya btw.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:26 am

The HuBBs wrote:bending over is not improving anything. his idea of improving relations by going with what most of europe thinks (i.e. iraq invasion is bad) instead of opening up diplomacy.

You don't seem to get the same information as I do, because I hear totally different things. For one, he was always against the Iraq war.
For the simple fact taht teh stimulus package is a waste of money. What was passed to create jobs has failed utterly. The unemployment rate still stand at a staggering 9.6%.

It has not failed. It just takes time. You can't expect Obama to halt a train storming off a mountain at 200 km/h instantly.
And if I am being selective than so are you by picking a site that only showed the"good" accomplishments.

...Did you look at the link at all? I linked to the same site as you did, but instead of linking to the page with Obama's broken promises, I linked to the index, which features a breakdown of how Obama followed through on his promises.
So far I see nothing wrong about the patriot act. In fact I have yet to see any negative results from it.

Your privacy must mean little to you. Never mind your constitution.
BenoitRen

Postby The HuBBs » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:16 am

You don't seem to get the same information as I do, because I hear totally different things. For one, he was always against the Iraq war.

well obviously living in the US has its benefits of recieving information that a nation outside the us recieves by word of mouth through multiple correspondents.

It has not failed. It just takes time. You can't expect Obama to halt a train storming off a mountain at 200 km/h instantly.

yes it has. the stimulus was suppose to be a quick patch job until the plumber arrives. But the patchwork rotted faster than the plumber even got the call. Obama hasn't even begun work on working towards a real stimulus package that was long term effects.

...Did you look at the link at all?

I was referring to your first link.

Your privacy must mean little to you. Never mind your constitution.

So then you would object if daddy decides to check your dresser for drugs while living under his roof?
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:38 am

Information: Being outside the US allows for a broader picture few inside get because of how the media is. Fox News is a good example of trash. CNN, despite what many say is not much better. There are some more, but why go through the list? A bigger scope can be obtained seeing and reading what the Asians, Latin Americans, Europeans, Russians, and the ones from Oceania, as well as Middle Easterners (Al Jazeera) have to say. None of those different places offers a full picture. It's only after you piece all the little bits together and keep observing, that you can get a better image. There are also other news sites in the US people can look at, again, never taking them as the last word on the matter.

Economy: You can't expect an avalanche to be stopped by a 6 feet wall of sandbags, let alone do much more than serving as a first line of defense, provided you have a bigger strategy behind.

Sites: No real comment.

Patriot Act: I don't think we agree, but in my house, the government goes as far as the door. We follow the law, but none of it says that if it wants, the government can come storming into my place on a hunch, which is a crude way to describe how the Patriot Act works.

There are valid concerns about the paranoia that created the Patriot Act and its consequences for people of Muslim origin or what have you because of racial profiling.

If people renounce their right to privacy, there will come a time in which constant monitoring will be a reality.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:31 pm

HuBBs wrote:I was referring to your first link.

I realised that too late. Sorry about that.

It seemed to be selective to me because you linked to a part of a section that supported your argument while the section as a whole is favourable to Obama. But you do have a point.
So then you would object if daddy decides to check your dresser for drugs while living under his roof?

That depends on if I'm an adult by that time or not. If I was a teen, though, there would still be a reasonable expectation of privacy. You don't just start rummaging through the drawers of your teenage children like that.

In short, it's not a good analogy.
BenoitRen

Postby The HuBBs » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:58 pm

no you dont understand that its your dad's house. he has the right to check your dresser for drugs weither your an adult or a teenager. Being an adult or teenager doesn't change the rules of his household as long as you live there.

that's the anology.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:01 pm

It does if you're an adult paying rent to stay at your fathers house... We as American tax payers pay a lot of rent to live here in this country.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:25 pm

I don't care about American politics. In the UK, we have "republicans" called the Conservative Party, and they're posh, stingy cunts.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:14 pm

HuBBs, I'm afraid a household doesn't work that way.
BenoitRen

Postby Edge » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Jail/Prison does!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion