CAN I HAZ PULITICS? (Political ponderings to complain about)

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Zucca » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:28 pm

I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby The HuBBs » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 am

BenoitRen wrote:HuBBs, I'm afraid a household doesn't work that way.

when you become a parent you're view of the world will change.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 am

The HuBBs wrote:

So it was having a kid that made you decide that the government knows best all the time but at the same time LESS GOVERNMENT? Also you just sat here telling us about how shitty our government is and yet your response is that they should have free reign at all times over us thanks to the shifty, knee-jerk PATRIOT act?

EDIT: I'd also wager that leaving the US and actually seeing how the rest of the world does things (and much, much better than the US at that) is a reasonable way to change ones views. IE: me.

Bending over backwards to accept what the rest of the world finds to be acceptable isn't a bad thing, dammit. America has had it's head up it's own ass for far too long and these Reps and Republican and Corporate sponsored Tea Parties aren't helping us come back to reality any time soon.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:56 pm

The HuBBs wrote:So far I see nothing wrong about the patriot act. In fact I have yet to see any negative results from it.

Here is one.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby The HuBBs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am

meteor9 wrote:
The HuBBs wrote:

So it was having a kid that made you decide that the government knows best all the time but at the same time LESS GOVERNMENT? Also you just sat here telling us about how shitty our government is and yet your response is that they should have free reign at all times over us thanks to the shifty, knee-jerk PATRIOT act?

EDIT: I'd also wager that leaving the US and actually seeing how the rest of the world does things (and much, much better than the US at that) is a reasonable way to change ones views. IE: me.

Bending over backwards to accept what the rest of the world finds to be acceptable isn't a bad thing, dammit. America has had it's head up it's own ass for far too long and these Reps and Republican and Corporate sponsored Tea Parties aren't helping us come back to reality any time soon.

I never said a thing about your governments so I don't get why you are attacking me in that regard. And for you information I used to live in germany and have been to france.

And its funny how america has its head up its ass and everyone doesn't want america involved in anything but the moment something goes wrong everyone expects the US to get involved. African hunger and poverty, WTF US get off you fat ass despite already donating more money than any nation in the world to that country. Hey N.Korea and Iran are making threats to their neighbors with possible use of nukes or out right attack, US get in there and tell them to stop, the UN won't.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:57 am

The HuBBs wrote:I never said a thing about your governments so I don't get why you are attacking me in that regard. And for you information I used to live in germany and have been to france.

And its funny how america has its head up its ass and everyone doesn't want america involved in anything but the moment something goes wrong everyone expects the US to get involved. African hunger and poverty, WTF US get off you fat ass despite already donating more money than any nation in the world to that country. Hey N.Korea and Iran are making threats to their neighbors with possible use of nukes or out right attack, US get in there and tell them to stop, the UN won't.

Attacking you? Since when? First off, chill down, man. This thread is for discussion about politics, not for getting people riled up. Granted, most of the time there will be disagreements, but that's no reason to get all angry.

Regarding the US having its head up its ass, the US GOVERNMENT, does, as well as many of the people who blindly support it do.

There haven't been threats from Iran to deploy nuclear warheads on its neighbors. The only ones making a crying game are the Israeli government... But guess what? They have made a mess of the surrounding area! Palestinians? There's an open season between them. People in the Gaza strip? They're starving them. The mess with Lebanon?

Iran (and I HATE the Iran government) so far hasn't made a threat against anyone.

Regarding Africa, first off, Africa isn't a country. It's a continent. Second, the mess with Africa is not going to be solved simply with humanitarian aid. There are many things that can be done, but aren't. Not just by the US. The European Union has a good part of the blame, so does the Russian Federation.

North Korea throwing tantrums is in good part because the US keeps presence nearby in Japan and so tries to draw attention in order to negotiate for stuff with The Country Of The Middle and to try to appear strong in front of the rest of the world. If there were to be intentions from the North Korean government to make a mess of things with NATO, there is a good possibility that China would rein them in. After all, an open conflict would act in its detriment, as a good portion of what China consumes comes from the outside.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby The HuBBs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:13 am

I don't need to chill out becuase I'm not being hostile. I just felt like he was making a brash claim of me saying something I never uttered. I was merely correcting him.

Im not saying Iran made threats of nuclear assualt. that was towards Korea. But Iran has made multiple threats and its been quoted from Ahmadinejad that Israel is a land of infidels, the holocaust never happened, and He wants to wage a holy war to eliminate the jews.

And yes I know africa is a continent. So I used the wrong word. it happens. Benoit could probably tell you the number of times I have messed up my grammar, mispelt something or used the wrong wording.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

The HuBBs wrote:I don't need to chill out becuase I'm not being hostile. I just felt like he was making a brash claim of me saying something I never uttered. I was merely correcting him.

Fair enough.

The HuBBs wrote:Im not saying Iran made threats of nuclear assualt. that was towards Korea. But Iran has made multiple threats and its been quoted from Ahmadinejad that Israel is a land of infidels, the holocaust never happened, and He wants to wage a holy war to eliminate the jews.

Ahmadinejad is an idiot. He should know better than to make idiot claims like that. Still, there is a good chance (I'd say close to 100%), that it was a bluff in order to gain popularity inside his country. After all, with Israel's relationship with the rest of the Middle East, it's a surefire bet. If he did embark in such a campaign, though, he'd pretty much get his ass handed over to him by Europe, the US (Israel's main backers) and the world's public opinion.

The HuBBs wrote:And yes I know africa is a continent. So I used the wrong word. it happens. Benoit could probably tell you the number of times I have messed up my grammar, mispelt something or used the wrong wording.

Fine there too. I make mistakes more often than not.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby The HuBBs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 am

The one thing I'll never figure out is how Ahmadinejad is constantly being invited to speak at universities in the states. I truely don't see what he has to say that is world changing to affect the mindset of college students. Granted the universities he's been invited too are shown to be liberal in their agenda and even try to push it on their student body.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:04 am

I dunno anything about that. Having said that, I wouldn't want that sucker anywhere close to me, and if he came, I'd attend, and do everything to troll the bastard with comments like "Dude, what about the protests in your country, where there was violence against civilians? What 'bout that? I saw the videos." or other attempts at trolling.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Previous

Return to General Discussion