Commissioned Artwork

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Tanith » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:55 am

Aw, poor Sari! She's my favorite female character in the whole series (there's a surprise, huh?).

I always thought she looked like Makoto Kino.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:47 pm

There's a world of difference between Sari and Conan. But hey, who cares?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Daren » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Edge wrote:@Wing-0, a fellow nemesis of mines who I argued over forever about homosexuality in a topic that will remain forever locked said Sari was smoking hot, and Thea was ugly and something else... That little lesbian line was a knock at that member, cause they had JUST gotten done mentioning how Thea was ugly seconds before I replied to this post...

I also had told her OF COURSE she thought Sari was hot, Sari looked like a butch dike :P lol

For real though, keeping it serious...

Doesn't Sari KINDA look like Conan? Wait, wait...

If it wasn't for the chest, it'd be hard to tell this was a chic.

lol you know, she kinda does look like him... troubling to say the least!
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm tellin ya!! Sari is uuuuugly... I'm not knocking her character, just her looks.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Who says that Thea's ugly, and that only a lesbian would like Sari?! I think Thea definitely has a cute charm about her, though I always thought Sari was prettier...in Toyo Ozaki's work, anyways. I do like Sari, I'll admit. :p The battle sprite doesn't do her any justice!

On-topic: I really love the Thea sketch, but she had more bangs than that. Otherwise, it's a great start and I'm looking forward to the final product! :D
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks, Tsu! Can't wait for the finished design as well. (I actually requested toning down her bangs, so that wasn't the artist's lack of understanding of Thea. I just think her original bangs sort of date her look.)
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Actually, I like the version you showed. Mind posting one with a watermark stuck somewhere else?

Pretty please?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Tanith » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:29 am

WING-0 wrote:Actually, I like the version you showed. Mind posting one with a watermark stuck somewhere else?

Pretty please?

If it was my work I'd readily give you a non-watermarked copy, but since it's not mine, I'm only showing what the artist showed me. Here's the direct link:

http://ladychestnut.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d32i6q4

She's a really nice lady and maybe she'd make a different version available for downloading if you asked. Or, I can ask if you'd prefer.

While I'm here, here's Thea's pose test:

http://ladychestnut.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d32k2qk

I'm anxious for the finished product!
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Just dropping on to comment on the Anna redesign... I don't like it. At all. You may see her having been planned to look like a hooker, but I don't. I imagine her as a respectable lady, not the type showing off her cleavage.
Shadowcaster
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Since when does cleavage equates to looking like a hooker?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Tanith » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:58 am

It's not any less than what Nei is wearing, and I chose to give her a dynamic pose rather than some provocative pose, but that's okay. I'm not trying to win over everyone here, nor would I share if I didn't want to open it up for discussion. Thank you for the feedback, Shadowcaster. Maybe you'll like some of my other designs.

I got back the sketch of Kain today. Due to a miscommunication over "two-handed weapon," Kain was holding two pistols instead of a shotgun/rifle, so it needs a major change there. Otherwise, the sketch was great and I can't wait for the changes and then the coloring! The artist actually captured Kain's personality really well. It made me smirk. Like Kain. ;)
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:20 am

Well, in my opinion Anna strikes me as the sort to wear pants on occasion, so that might be what they were going for with the hooker comment.

That said I've never complained about a lack of clothing before and I'm certainly not about to start, but, er... her head seems really misshapen. Like, on her left temple it just keeps jutting outwards whereas it should really coming back into the skull. It's an unusual bald spot, too.

That's the major thing that strikes me, at any rate.

Also Sari's hot and being athletic doesn't make one a testosterone laced tranny, thank ye very much (whoever was saying it because frankly I have no idea anymore).
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Tanith » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:55 am

She was wearing pants/leggings in her text adventure outfit, so there is proof of a pants-wearing Anna. And that was a really weird sentence. Thank goodness she's wearing that skirt/dress thing in the regular game, though. Her text adventure outfit is beyond ugly. It actually looks so bulky as to hinder mobility.

Just in case anyone thinks I got too fanservicey with her design (and yeah, there was some of that going on), There were parts of her original outfit that didn't make much sense to me. The armored bra? That looks highly impractical, not to mention uncomfortable. As a woman, I wouldn't want two giant, metal bowls around my boobs. Also, she might as well wear a leotard if she's going to pretend a miniskirt offers more coverage. Just my two cents.

I did notice the problems with her head, but I knew the artist's limitations coming into this project. I'd love to hire a real pro with all of the finer creds, but alas my wallet does not agree with me.

And meteor9- MORE MERMAIDS, PLEASE! ;)
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:58 am

Tanith wrote:And meteor9- MORE MERMAIDS, PLEASE! ;)

You and BW are going to be the death of me I swear.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:19 pm

BW?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff