Commissioned Artwork

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby LegoMuskCat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Kain is deliciously deliciousness. *nom!*

Only problem with Thea is that her eyes lack whites. =( Otherwise the piece is gorgeous and magical. :)
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Thea with space/stars background... Reminds me my Terra and Celes !
As I said, I'm shared between the fact I don't like as much as you guys, and the jealousy ! :twisted: But the drawning is good, sure !

For Kain, as I said, if I remember well, he joined my team, but I never played with him, so I know only a bit... But the drawning is awesome !
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Tanith » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:55 am

Don't kill me, Tsu; I decided to add black to my Princess Kara redesign. *hides*

I really like this one, though. <3 She looks a bit sturdier for battle, I think.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:16 am

It looks great! I like everything about it, except for the roped sleeves.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Black Sword » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Your feminist side is showing, Tanith. =p

Gorgeous piece, mind, but I don't like the roped sleeves either. They don't really fit Princess Kara very well. The gloves are an elegant touch, though!

(inspired by this thread, my lack of a social life and girlfriend, I'm also going a-commissioning)
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:03 pm

I like the sleeves. Princess Kara can't dress all regal when fighting.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Tanith » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:26 pm

The sleeves are actually based on a real renaissance riding coat design. I never liked the short sleeves of her original design.

@Black Sword- Did you commission the artist that did the Kain piece? I ask because he gave me a very confusing "thank you for the referral" today.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Sword » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:09 am

@Tanith - Not yet! Just reached out to ask about it, though I did name drop you. I likely will be commissioning. By the way, exactly which characters have you commissioned?
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Tanith » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:36 am

I've commissioned from various dA artists:

Amy, Shir, Anna, Kain, Thea, Princess Kara, and in the works: a PSII-era Paseo skyline

And from the mighty WING-0:

Warrior Kara

My most immediate, upcoming commissions will be:

Neifirst, Hugh, and then the rest of the PSII gang, since it's my favorite PS game and the characters seem to suffer the most from their late 1980s designs.

I have very few intentions of commissioning the following characters:

Most of the playable PSIII men (except Crys), Mieu, Wren, Wren, Siren, Hahn, Gryz, Raja, Sari, Laya the Lesser, and Myau
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Sword » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:26 pm

See, that was just plain mean. Laya the Younger would have been fine!

Alright, I'm a'commissioning all the PSIII folk! Well, not all at once. I'll try out a few first to see how it goes. Will likely do a few of my faves several times, too.

Oy, rest of the Cave. You could also cough up some meseta to help cover these.
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:04 pm

I want Neifirst, but eh... I haven't done a full Warrior Kara illustration yet because of my ugly schedule... Your call, Tanith.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't agree that the PSII cast "suffers" from their late 1980s design. :(
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Tanith » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:33 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I don't agree that the PSII cast "suffers" from their late 1980s design. :(

I'm not saying I don't like their original designs. The point of this project isn't to give them "better" designs but to re-style them in ways that are more modern, as if new version of the old PS games were released. There's no way Sega would use their original designs for new games.

@Black Sword- I like Laya's design, and that's why I'm not as interested in commissioning her. It's not because I don't care about her, rather that her design isn't as dated as, say, Warrior Kara or Lune (who are both so stuck in 1990 it hurts). The same holds true for most of the characters on that list. Either their original designs would work well in a new game or I'm lacking the inspiration for re-imagined looks for them.

@WING-0- Sure thing if you want to do Neifirst (when do you want payment, by the way). I have some design ideas for her saved in one of my photobucket albums; I'll send you the link later.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Tanith wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:I don't agree that the PSII cast "suffers" from their late 1980s design. :(

I'm not saying I don't like their original designs. The point of this project isn't to give them "better" designs but to re-style them in ways that are more modern, as if new version of the old PS games were released. There's no way Sega would use their original designs for new games.

Well, Sega did go the same route when redesigning them for the Generation games, so you have a big point there.

Tanith wrote:@WING-0- Sure thing if you want to do Neifirst (when do you want payment, by the way). I have some design ideas for her saved in one of my photobucket albums; I'll send you the link later.

What about when I deliver a good quality illustration? I can't ask for anything before that. =P

I'm also not thinking in terms of hard money here, since setting a paypal account, or something similar would be a FEMALEDOG and those MALEDOGS in the bank would screw me over with commisions, taking away a good portion of the money. We could, however, consider payment in the form of Playstation Network cards, which are easy to obtain and transmit the codes through the internet (being numbers and letters) for use... That, and I value videogames much more than I do dealing with banks... Although I'm very, very torn on that lately, seeing that a certain game I have been expecting was just announced and I'm effectively drowning in a pool of my own drool here... Life sucks...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Every time I'm coming here, I'm ill because of they skills... :evil:

As I said before, the drawning is good - in fact nearly perfect, but I don't like the "modern manga" style so much (I've difficulties to explain in franch, so in english... In brief : rather impersonal and overseen) - but it's hard to recognize Kara if there isn't the name...

BUT ! As Tanith said, this is re-design work, not a simply upgrade. So it let the way free for me to do some "upgrades", he he !
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff