Importing games/whatever

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Importing games/whatever

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:34 am

Well, I'm sick and have done nothing but play, as I can't concentrate on higher processes like complex mathematics and stuff... I can, however, concentrate on unleashing my anger on videogame soldiers though. Then I got to thinking...

How often, if ever do you import games?
The reason is, I read a thread in Gamefaqs (not really the best place, but eh...) about it, and people are complaining about a possible scenario that Valkyria 3 will not get released outside Japan. People blame the market, others the game itself, etc. One of the points against importing is that many people can't use Japanese in any form. A valid one. My questions are: Would you import something you know won't get released in your area, despite the language barrier? And if you do, is said barrier all that high for you?

Well, you know I do import. The language barrier isn't THAT high for me, even if some words do escape me (curse ideograms!). However, games are an excellent way to practice... (next post, blame the PS3)
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:39 am

...a foreign language. This comes from someone who took the dive and beat Sakura Wars 2 BEFORE learning Japanese. And that series is known for being text heavy.

Another question is: Is there any game that has made you consider giving the language barrier some good hits with a huge maul?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Importing games/whatever

Postby The HuBBs » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:22 am

lol I beat sakura wars 4 and I still don't know any japanese.

But i've imported a ton of games from japan that never made it stateside. So long as I am able to figure things out I don't have a problem with the game.

and the sakura wars series the game reason why i wanted to learn japanese. 'll get around to it someday. :roll:
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to General Discussion