Death Note

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Death Note

Postby Semix » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Just a quick one, I cant be bothered to write a review. I have tons to recommend here that i never got round to, it's probably my second favourite series. Must watch. Look it up on anime season.

http://tinyurl.com/2umz8aa

Ugh, I am so getting that. If im allowed that is. Death note, every single god damn episode.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Tanith » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:38 am

Death Note is probably my favorite manga. It's brilliantly written. What sets it apart from other stories is that it ends appropriately and doesn't veer off into some new, weirdo story arc that plagues the genre. I haven't seen the anime (I have more time to read than I do watch TV, movies, etc.), but I'm glad to hear it's also excellent.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 am

I was told by a friend that the first season of the anime or so was great; but then the later ones apparently are crap. I'll admit that I haven't watched the anime nor read the manga, so who's to say? :D
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Semix » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Um, the first are BETTER, then it gets epic then dies down a bit, it then gets intense again, but it feels like its just repeating the first half of the series with a few changes. Still good though.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby LegoMuskCat » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:25 am

Semix wrote:Um, the first are BETTER, then it gets epic then dies down a bit, it then gets intense again, but it feels like its just repeating the first half of the series with a few changes. Still good though.
So, even if the plot's recycled towards the end, it's still decent? Maybe I'll give it a watch sometime, regardless of that prospect -- especially if it's as good as I've heard it was.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Semix » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Tsu wrote:
Semix wrote:Um, the first are BETTER, then it gets epic then dies down a bit, it then gets intense again, but it feels like its just repeating the first half of the series with a few changes. Still good though.
So, even if the plot's recycled towards the end, it's still decent? Maybe I'll give it a watch sometime, regardless of that prospect -- especially if it's as good as I've heard it was.

It feels recycled and not as good, but by no means bad, they just needed to end it eventually. I enjoyed it anyway, and it still has some interesting plot twists here and there.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing Eye » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:52 pm

I've read the manga and absolutely loved it, easily in my top 5 favorite series. I haven't had a chance to watch the anime yet...
Wing Eye
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Semix » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:14 pm

I have issue 4 and 9 of the manga, just because of the characters on the front :P I also have the "13-How to read"
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: Death Note

Postby Missagh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Alright, it have taken a 5 year break from watching any anime but finally returned and wow. Death Note! I am sure, because of its very wide distribution, that everyone have seen seen it.

Just great storytelling. It gave me a lot of inspiration for my own screenwriting. Light Yagami is something else! So have anyone seen the live action movies? I fear that they will disappoint.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Semix » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:45 pm

I tried, but it was online on a site that wasn't very..good. Either way, it kept restarting the video 10 minutes into it, so I never saw any further :/
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:12 pm

I remember Shleed mocking me for saying that Death Note was an intriguing series. God he was an annoying Irish midget twat.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby zadorony » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 am

Where can I watch the Madonna interview where she says she loves death note? I want the interview not the music video. Where she says she likes death note and that she intentionally dressed up like Mello.
Pinchant

Return to Anime / Manga