Update PS3 RM2k chipsets w/ pics

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Update PS3 RM2k chipsets w/ pics

Postby Sain Cai » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:29 am

I updated the town yet again, as the healing/resurrection building was not correct. I also created the Orakian Castle set, and have a couple pictures of basic setups showing how they would look. Please forgive the grid, I snapshot it using printscreen. I believe I used all available chips to form these, sans the different shops (same concept, different image). I will post here with new chipsets for PS3

Town Chipset & image

Castle Chipset & Image
Phantasy Star Chronicles: Rebuilding my PS site/community: http://holywar.namepad.net
Sain Cai
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Layan Castle & Pic

Postby Sain Cai » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Layan Castle, same layout, but the tiles are a little different and of course the emblem is different. I created a rug, mirror and wall flag for the layans, as I didnt see any in the game (Cille, Shusoran or Mystoke). Also made paths for layan castles as they were not in any of the aforementioned castles.

Castle Chipset & Image
Phantasy Star Chronicles: Rebuilding my PS site/community: http://holywar.namepad.net
Sain Cai
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: Update PS3 RM2k chipsets w/ pics

Postby LegoMuskCat » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:44 am

Stuff like this is so cool. :D Keep up the good work!
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

PS3 World Chipset

Postby Sain Cai » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 am

Ripped the coastal borders of temperate climate, and mountains for the 3 climates (regular, desert, frozen). This set does not have ripped forests at this time. Caves and bridge are 3 wide, so the char goes inside properly.

Mountains will take some time to set up, as they are not like the normal ones associated with the RPG Maker 2K world chips. Use Hugues exceptional PS3 maps to get ideas on mountain setups

Again, sorry about the grid.

World Chipset & Image
Sain Cai
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Goodness, it must take a lot of patience to rip the three kinds of terrain for those maps! I know I don't have that much patience; for the snowy towns I'd probably end up recoloring it and calling it a day, lol.

The only limitation I am seeing is that there's not much room on the chipset for everything to fit, since it looks like a really tight squeeze. =( This is one reason why I kinda like RMXP better than RM2k3; you don't have to worry about size restrictions when making chipsets/tilesets.

One the plus side, the dungeons should be easy since they use few tiles overall.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Sain Cai » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:07 pm

Dungeons should be a breeze. Definitely not enough space for all the terrain for all climates, I will make 3 separate ones for each climate, that way I will have a little more room to add the forests and make the coast easier to see (had the coast as connected, had to break them up for this tileset).

I did forget to put the airstrip on this set but is easy enough to make.

Is RMXP a free DL? I got thr 2K one since it is very easy to make a decent game, and my 10/12 yr old children can make their own and have a great time doing so.
Sain Cai
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Sain Cai wrote:Dungeons should be a breeze. Definitely not enough space for all the terrain for all climates, I will make 3 separate ones for each climate, that way I will have a little more room to add the forests and make the coast easier to see (had the coast as connected, had to break them up for this tileset).
That's the best way to go about it, I think. Less clutter and all. :D

Is RMXP a free DL? I got thr 2K one since it is very easy to make a decent game, and my 10/12 yr old children can make their own and have a great time doing so.
Nope, gotta pay for it. :( Also, any illegal versions won't work with any kinda scripts you find/use, so that's another thing to keep in mind. :\

However, the demo for RMXP is free if you are still interested. It may be worth looking into, regardless.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

PS3 Landen Forest

Postby Sain Cai » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Ripped a forest for the RM2k, ands a quick shot of the game. I think it is quite acceptable, and again will take a little time to make the forests. Use Hugues exceptional PS3 maps to get ideas on forest setups

No grid this time, yay me :D

Forest Image
Sain Cai
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 am

It looks good. :D IMO, the trees are probably the most awkward thing to rip since there's so many similar pieces in there, but you're doing a great job with it so far! Also, I'll be the first to say this, but why the usage of the PSX's RPG Maker sprites?
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Sain Cai » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 pm

I like the sprites like the chubby ones from the RTP2 package rather then the default ones that come with it. The default ones look too pixelated for me, like Dragon Warrior 1 type. I actually edited the one you see above some to change the hair color as to use the Sean face. The other 3 characters use Ayn, Sari and Crys for faces.

I did create and separate the Landen type world and Frigidia type world. Had to re-rip the water borders for Frigidia and ripped the forest to be the same template as the Landen type you see above. All my rips are available on my RM2K site I am creating, located here: http://dragonthrone.namepad.org/

I will do Aridia at some point, and finished the exceptionally easy dungeons (Isle Cave and Rebel Cave styles). Will upload the caves soon, I am creating a replica of the Isle Cave as we type.
Sain Cai
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 am

Cool news. :D Looking forward to seeing how you've pieced together the cave dungeons.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff