PSBattle w/ images update

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: New game

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:35 pm

hm that's weird. i'll try to replicate it on another pc and see what the problem is.

and just a general update i'm taking a short break from programming this week as i've got a lot of family stuff going on. weddings, job hunts, car hunts, and of course the fun life haha

if i don't work out the installer issue in the next day or two tho i'll make a youtube video of the program.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: New game

Postby spookeydonkey » Sun May 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Ok I've uploaded a rar of the project binary folder. Hopefully this will solve some issues.
Please try it out and let me know if this one will work. Should not need to be installed. Tomorrow I"ll download it on my brothers laptop and see if it runs.

Debug.rar - 553.7 KB

P.s. [PS3 Project.exe] should be the file you execute, the other one will attempt to install the game. If you install, the only way to uninstall is through the control panel.

P.S.s. MUST HAVE A VIDEO CARD THAT SUPPORTS SHADER MODEL 1.1 TO PLAY!

P.S.S.s I added images to my initial post (all the way at the bottom). I Don't know how to get them to show up in the post. I tried html and the IMG tag. Also for one of my screenshots imageshack is giving me a Domain Unregistered error (this also keeps me from seeing most pics that people put up!) what's wrong?
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: PSBattle w/ images update

Postby LegoMuskCat » Mon May 02, 2011 4:01 am

There's two problems with the image links. Try using [img] tags to make the images appear, like so:

You were linking it in such a way that it wasn't working properly. The link went to this rather than the image itself.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby spookeydonkey » Mon May 02, 2011 1:36 pm

ok, but why am i getting a frog in a frozen ice cube, saying "Domain Unregistered. To view: register at bit.ly/imageshack-domain"?
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby LegoMuskCat » Mon May 02, 2011 6:29 pm

I presume you grabbed the image's link from your account straight from your browser, right? There's some options on the right that show how to link your image to places.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby spookeydonkey » Mon May 02, 2011 7:09 pm

too late for that. maybe next time i update i'll do a better job lol
did you try out the program tho? i really would like to hear some thoughts (even though I have a new set of goals to reach now)
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Tue May 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Damn it, the website got an error, and when I try again, it says that I'm already downloading a file. I'm not!

EDIT: I got to try again, and got the same error. Fuuuck!
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby BenoitRen » Tue May 03, 2011 9:54 pm

I finally managed to download it. Unfortunately, it has the same behaviour as before. It quits with a generic error message.
BenoitRen

Postby spookeydonkey » Tue May 03, 2011 10:24 pm

if there is an error number, you can google it to find out what the error is.
according to the microsoft web site, an XNA application only needs a pc with the requirements I informed you about, including XNA installed and a video card supporting Shader Model 1.1

I really wanna have this issue ironed out before I release the next version, as that will be the version that will actually be usable for more than 2 minutes lol.

Either way, I'll try to make a quick video using fraps and upload it to youtube.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Tue May 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Ok here is a video I made, keep in mind the quality of the program is much better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2wac1W6XSk
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Dr_Odin » Wed May 04, 2011 7:29 pm

That utube video is cool! Can't comment much about it because not much is happening...... all I pray for is for it to be a complete fan game one day and I will give it a shot!
"Cannabis forgivness to the merciful mercy of Rune's Thrayness!" - Dr_Odin's preach in the shoutbox.
Dr_Odin
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu May 05, 2011 10:50 am

thank you thank you....i'm looking to port this to android and maybe iphone next summer, depending if a project that i'm keeping my eye on reaches completion successfully (should be it was crowd-sourced).

the "game" will be complete relatively quickly: i basically just have to add monsters (hardest thing cuz i have to program the animation patters, logic, etc...not too hard actually), add sounds, a few more maps, and it's done.

once it's done and most of the bugs are out, i'll try my hand at a short scenario i've been thinking about. also i'm experimenting with 3d, but that's all i'm gonna say for now.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 pm

spookeydonkey wrote:i'm looking to port this to android and maybe iphone next summer

Being anti-Apple didn't last long...
BenoitRen

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu May 05, 2011 3:06 pm

i am anti apple but the project i'm keeping my eye on (ExEn) will allow me to port to iphone just as easily as android (supposedly). Either way I may try to port a basic version of this program (it can actually get more basic trust me) to android just to learn how to code for android. i'm not willing to code for iphone though.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 pm

I know there's only two people that care....but anyway I've had to put this project on hiatus as I had a very bad sickness and then my uncle passed away. I've also renewed my efforts for job hunting recently.

I decided to go through my code again and re-comment any sections that I still haven't commented on, and delete extraneous/unnecessary code.
I'm also going to work on a very hush-hush addition to the project that should hopefully generate a bit more interest. Maybe if I say this is an RPG Maker project I'd get more attention lol *dies*

I also think I figured out why people can't install my program but it's only speculation. My program uses very LARGE textures. If your video card can't handle it that could be one reason for crashes (I don't implement exception handling). Then again, it seems everyone is crashing before they even get to the point where that could be a problem...
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff