PSV- Poll

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

What should the character limit in PSV be?

Good ol' 4--like the classics
60%
PSO did it, I want up to 12
40%

Total votes : 10

PSV- Poll

Postby Haaiku » Thu May 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Well, this is a quick poll to help me decide what the character text limit should be in PSV.
if you haven't seen the article, with previews, you can find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2988
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Re: PSV- Poll

Postby LegoMuskCat » Fri May 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Considering that this reminds me more of PSO, you may as well stick with the ongoing theme. =P
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon May 16, 2011 6:52 pm

I'd definitely stick to four or five in the party at max. I mean, come on, coming up with dialogue for 12 party members to have with each other? Not only would I stick to a small amount of characters in the party, I'd recommend not having too many NPCs altogether. With, say, twenty, there's no chance the characters can be well developed. It is much easier to think of character development for much fewer characters. Also, considering this is a fan project, just the sheer amount of work in creating dialogue for all the possible party combinations concerns me.
Shadowcaster
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Haaiku » Tue May 17, 2011 7:24 pm

Shadowcaster wrote:I'd definitely stick to four or five in the party at max. I mean, come on, coming up with dialogue for 12 party members to have with each other? Not only would I stick to a small amount of characters in the party, I'd recommend not having too many NPCs altogether. With, say, twenty, there's no chance the characters can be well developed. It is much easier to think of character development for much fewer characters. Also, considering this is a fan project, just the sheer amount of work in creating dialogue for all the possible party combinations concerns me.

no-- this is a poll on how many characters every NPC can have in a name
(EXAMPLE: Chaz, RHYS, ALIS, etc. are in the old games had up to 4, Berney, etc. in PSO had up to a 12)
although, i gotta admit, i could have made it more clearer-- my bad
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Fan stuff