Phantasy Star: Earths past, fan game(screen shots)Updated!!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Abominae » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Dude... why don't you get your pics scanned? I have a pic of Set Abominae I'm gonna scan and post on this site so you all get a feel for what kind of art I'm good at (it's more in lines with "SPAWN" style art.

My anime isn't that great but I can manage to make it look decent.
Abominae

Postby mikepjr » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:02 pm

Here are some screenies.
Im still working on the graphics and they are going to see some changes.
Here are some pics, the main hero has had some graphics changes.

Cave

Village

Overworld

Like i said, some graphics will be changed later.
For now enjoy ...
i got some real life things going on and it is slowing work on my battle system.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:31 pm

It looks a lot more interesting (and much more PS) than I remember. Now, is it just me, or does that last image look like it coulda been out of PS1?
Abominae

Postby Surei Uorushu » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Oh wow it's really coming along. =D
The only comment that I have on it for now is that it looks like there should be more shading on the areas and the characters.
When you think you're finally alone, you're not.
Surei Uorushu
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby mikepjr » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:14 pm

@Abo
I want the graphics for the overworld to look like PS1, in fact im modeling the graphics to be like part 1, and the wall that goes around the city will be changed later, it is just a rip from PS1 anyhow.

One reason the graphics look better now is because RMXP allows for more graphics for the overworld, after a lot of thought i decided that RMVX was crap and RMXP was the better choice.

Characters and NPCs will look like PS2 and 4.
Monsters will come from all the PS games, i was actualy thinking about including both the PS2 and PS4 versions of the Locust monsters, as well as some monsters from PS1, like Wing Eyes and Gold Lens and those vampire creatures, and Skeletons.

@Surei
The main character has a lot of shading already, but the other 2 behind him need more work.
-EDIT-
I want to start updating the first post with info.. but it wont let me cause it was made back on the old board with a different mike account.

Is it okay to start a new topic so i can just updat the first post with info?
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Sanehouse » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:56 pm

This looks really good. Although I don't usually play games made using any game-making programs like RPGMaker or GameMaker, I'd certainly make an exception in this case. :)

I'd even be willing to help if you need anything non-artistic or musical done.
Sanehouse
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby mikepjr » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:41 pm

I do not think their is anything you can do.
Unless you have used RPG maker XP before and know anything about scripting... the only other thing is.. i wanted some music from Phantasy Star Generation 1 on the playstation 2.. but their are no midis or MP3s anywhere from that game.
By the way, anyone know where i can get a font just like Phantasy Star 4s in game font?
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Zucca » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:16 pm

*bumpetyBUMP*
Anyone know how this project is going?
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Missagh » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:20 am

I would like to know that as well. Looking at the screens after these years, its very impressive. Maybe someone should contact mikepjr to update us!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Indeed, this game was starting to look very good. If I remember correctly, mikepjr abandoned this project to start working on a Slayers RPG after a certain moderator who's name will remain a mystery to us all was nitpicking some minor grammatical mistakes in another thread. :P :lol:
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby mikepjr » Fri May 07, 2010 10:19 pm

I got tired of working on it, i got sick of people nitpicking, not to mention i can not program script, or anything like that.
Im just good with stories graphics and at times, music.

I still have the game on my hard drive, just sitting there until i can find some help in scripting, i prefer to use RPG maker XP, and no one knew anything about it, nor did anyone have much interest in working on a game with me.

Maybe one day i will return to it, but i have gotten to where i have trouble focusing on things, i used to be on zoloft, and it helped with some focus problems i have, but i had to stop taking any kind of medications for mental issues i have.

I am however happy people are still interested, the game is basically just on hold for now...
-EDIT-
Oh and i did find a way to get the music from the PS generations 1 and 2 games if i wanted to use them, someone posted recordings of the music on youtube, i was gonna use audio out and record some MP3s.. i might still do that, i love PS generation 1's battle music, it was awesome.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby HTD » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:19 pm

mikepjr wrote:I got tired of working on it, i got sick of people nitpicking, not to mention i can not program script, or anything like that.
Im just good with stories graphics and at times, music.

I still have the game on my hard drive, just sitting there until i can find some help in scripting, i prefer to use RPG maker XP, and no one knew anything about it, nor did anyone have much interest in working on a game with me.

Maybe one day i will return to it, but i have gotten to where i have trouble focusing on things, i used to be on zoloft, and it helped with some focus problems i have, but i had to stop taking any kind of medications for mental issues i have.

I am however happy people are still interested, the game is basically just on hold for now...
-EDIT-
Oh and i did find a way to get the music from the PS generations 1 and 2 games if i wanted to use them, someone posted recordings of the music on youtube, i was gonna use audio out and record some MP3s.. i might still do that, i love PS generation 1's battle music, it was awesome.

Mike I have tried contacting you several times in the past.
I really feel we should work on my PSV project together.
It uses VX and I am using a battle engine and menu system created for the PS3 remake game.
Get in touch soon, I will be working on the PS3 remake but am very keen to combine our skills; in the near future.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby mikepjr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 am

Problem there for me, is i hate making anything for VX, VX was the worst one made, i'm using XP, i have VX but it was a waste of money when i realized i could not do much with the graphics.
Also.. i pretty much got my idea for a game.. and rather just wait until i can really get it off the ground.
Working on another game right now, off and on.. a little Final Fantasy Classic clone... it's not even called final fantasy...
I been working on my PS fan game for awhile off and on as well.
I'm about to drop back, and start from scratch a bit, going to make the graphics more pixelated and more old school looking, this high res 2D stuff is hard and takes way too much work.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby HTD » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:59 am

cool to hear let us know when you have more stuff to show.
VX actually provides more freedom than XP,
Its just a case of using more code and custom scripts.
The results though are well worth it.

Good luck my friend.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: Phantasy Star: Earths past, fan game(screen shots)Update

Postby mikepjr » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:59 am

Not using VX, using XP, and i went back to the drawing board, not gonna show anything just yet.
I will say this, you're either gonna love it or hate it, either way.. it's my vision and if anyone has a problem with the game, don't play it when it's done.

But what i will say is that many of you are gonna love it, but i know most will hate it.
I went back and decided against the high res graphics, so i decided on classic very low res graphics but.. with a LOT of detail and a very LARGE color pallet for many graphics.
The story takes place on earth of all places, many of the ships that escaped Palma have made a home on this new planet, but little do they know that an old evil from their past as well as an ancient evil from the past of earth, are about to make things really bad for the people of Algo, now stuck on earth.

When i went back to the drawing board, i though.."hmmm maybe i can barrow some ideas from many SNES RPGs..
As i went onward.. i then stopped and thought......."what if the phantasy star series HAD been made on the SNES?"
And that is where some of my graphics ideas came from.. and no the game won't look like RPGs on the SNES, the graphics will just look as detailed as many snes games graphics were.

Once i have some pics ready, you're all gonna see my genius truly at work.
I been missing all this time simply for the fact that i have been working my ass off at going back and reinventing how i want this game to look sound and play.

Their will be a mix of graphics from part 2 and 4 mainly, as well as music from both Phantasy Star Generation 1 and 2.
When i can finally release a demo, i'm going to let you all know.
Pics will come when i have everything how i want them.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff