Phantasy Star III fanfics! (and sometimes sprites)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Phantasy Star III fanfics! (and sometimes sprites)

Postby Black Sword » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:37 am

Rika plushie, as requested by Dreamer!
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Black Sword » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Lyle would have thought that a drop of Orakio's blood would be like a drop of demon's blood, but things are not as he expected in Agoe.

Drop of Blood

Next installment, with an honorable cameo. Feedback greatly appreciated. Seriously, guys, the shoutbox isn't searchable, so use the threads so the creative types who want to be able to look up feedback for future reference actually can.
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby carlsojos » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:24 pm

Read "Drop of Blood". No errors detected.

Wow, Mieu and Lyle just don't seem to like Rhys's antics that much. Good thing he has Wren to help with a li'l destruction. Some things just need to get destroyed.... :D

It took me a minute to recognize me, but it hit like a brick when it came through. Makes me think of how I managed to get the dice to roll 3 Yahtzees in a row once during a night in a cabin with some friends. They didn't notice that I was tweaking my technique to make it happen....

I wish I could've seen Ilin's face when that door opened, I bet it would've been downright priceless.

I get the feeling you are going to pound home the fact that "cyborg" is not the right term, aren't you? I'm sure Mieu's gonna get tired of correcting people eventually.

It is interesting how you explored the change in Lyle's perceptions of Orakians as he came to see how they were ordinary people just like him.

Good story overall. I'll try to keep up again, but no promises because of work...
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Sword » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 am

The Layan kingdom of Shusoran holds many questions and many answers within its castle's walls.

Shusoran

New installment folks, part 1 of 2. Feedback appreciated! FF.net reviews adored!

@carlos I'm glad you liked it! I'll be working on your Wren plushie later, so stay tuned!
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:56 am

Okay, I'm gradually working my way through and I finished Climatrol.

I'm glad you decided not to dwell too long on the retrieval of Wren from his cave, as it probably would have been unnecessary and dragged things out. I liked the idea of the cyborgs in Hazatak making the sword for Rhys, rather than it just being any old weapon sold in a store. The discussion of Orakio's Law in regards to the Hopliz (Hoplizes?) was nicely done, we all know how I like it when Mieu is the mature, guiding voice (even though she was referred to as "the redhead" a little too often for my tastes in this chapter). Poor Rhys, I don't think he'll ever get used to that magic. :P

I had hoped to continue liking Lyle, and I did when he first appeared, but the dialogue between him and Rhys at the end about women and moos felt REALLY forced and awkward. :| It sort of took me out of the story a bit; I can understand that even in serious situations, Lyle and his smirk are always going to poke fun at Rhys, but it just didn't flow naturally for me, almost like you were trying too hard to work the teasing jokes in. (But if other people found it funny, it could be just me.)
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Black Sword » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:38 am

Part 2 is now up!

Shusoran

Reviews appreciated!

@Jen - thank you for the reviews!
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Black Sword » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:11 pm

The night sky Orakio created a thousand years ago has been changed by his descendant Rhys. The newly-returned moons have brought back not only the romanticism of the night, but tension, doubt, and fantasy.

New Night

We continue! Latest installment above! Reviews rightly appreciated!
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Black Sword » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:28 am

Behold, the power of spriting! First, carlos' request for PSIV's Wren comes forward!

Since Jen Jen is getting married, I also have a little plushie for her from one of her favorite games. I wonder who this could possibly be?

And for the winner of the first post on the 2500th page of the shoutbox, Amy gets a brand new Rolf plushie of her very own!

Final addition, requested by Mr. Snorb himself, one Amy Sage Pixel Plushie!
Last edited by Black Sword on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Tanith » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:17 am

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

Thanks, Ron! *steals Rolf and flees*
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Snorb » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:57 am

Yay! Amy plushieeeee! (cuddles)
Snorb
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:36 am

Somehow I missed the Rika plushie up until now. ^^;

She's SO cute!! *huggles* =3 Thank you much, sir! You also did a great job with the other sprites, too. ^^ I'm particularly impressed with the Rolf one, for some reason (he turned out really good, I think).
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Sword » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:46 pm

The plushies, they are a hit! Always happy to make more, so please make your requests!

Two for one today, sort of.

The end of Rhys' quest is near, but even in his moment of triumph in battle, a defeat can be inflicted in other ways.
Defeat in Victory

No matter where and no matter when, children love to hear stories.
Fairy Tales of Alisa III

The first is the latest installment in the Headwaters Arc.

The second link is to a new experiment of mine. One of the things I wanted to do with my fanfics is experiment with my writing, and here is another experiment I wanted to do. Basically, the warm up sets a context with an adult character and how they feel or think of something, and then goes ahead with a story that would mean something to them, written in fairy tale fashion. So interesting side details and a fairy tale, two for the price of one!
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Missagh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 pm

Wren's eyes look like they are shining :) The rest look great, they really do!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Black Sword » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:14 am

The bitter contradictions of a love triangle. What is it for?

Triangler

The latest installment is now up! It will be a three parter and was heavily inspired by Triangler (fight on stage) from Macross Frontier. I could not imagine of a better centerpiece for it, and it's ridiculously appropriate that a nickname for me is in the Youtube URL. I also received a great deal of guidance from Dezo Penguin aka Darrell Whitney and an author friend of mine, Amberlynne O'Shea to get me past a number of rough spots. I give them great thanks, as I am sure the next two weeks will result in more questions and suggestions from them. Check them out!

Missagh wrote:Wren's eyes look like they are shining The rest look great, they really do!

I will fix that next time, my master!
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Black Sword » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:06 am

Eusis hates camping on Mota and would much rather be watching his favorite show and debating with his friends if the dark new character, the Black Swordsman, is a good guy. He never expected to find the answer in such a way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7281821/1/Black_Swordsman

Oh, boy, this one has a ton of author's notes too. Anyway, the impetus for this story came from wikipedia, specifically the article for the practice of tsujigiri. It whirled inside my mind for a while and bumped right into my Phantasy Star writing craze when I considered that we really don't know much about Algo's past and thoughts on the modern era. My theory has been that Mother Brain came into power after the calamity that switched the positions of Palma and Motavia. Someone had to be in charge during that time to give Mother Brain power, which eventually led me to wonder as to what happened to those people. Not only that, there are all sorts of "revival" movements, like the Wiccans for example, that try to bring back customs from the past to today. The ideas just came together until the basic shape of this story was formed.

Eusis/Rolf was a special problem for me, as I wanted to "hide" him as an adult. Of special nuisance value was his surname, as I couldn't find one I liked. Eventually, I hit upon "Shani" by following the wiki chain from the Andromeda constellation to the star Alpha Andromedae to the Hindu nakshatra to him. Shani is very harmful to those who follow the path of Evil, betrayal, backstabbing and unjust revenge, which seemed perfect for Rolf.

Amy was wonderful and named his mom for me. In thanks, she gets to look all cool and stuff and be the first to crucify me over this story. Amberlynne O'Shea was one of several pre-readers who helped me fine tune it and our own dearest Heather also proofed it for me!

Lastly, this story is apparently the 500th PS fanfic on FF.net, so go me!

EDIT: Forgotten note - I also wanted to imply why Rolf was a bit bratty as a child in his text adventure. My reasoning was his attempt to approximate someone he admired in behavior, but failing to capture the actual nuances.

R&R appreciated, as always.
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff