Some of my artwork

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Some of my artwork

Postby LegoMuskCat » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 am

Wow, this is very nice! This may be a small compliment, but the arms (albeit on the slimmer-side) and their positioning look very good and natural. ^_^ I love how relaxed Claire looks here, and the background work is also great. And hey, even if it was a pain to color all that skin, I think it paid off. :D

Is that a nod to Jen in the background? =o

And thank god she doesn't have chiseled abs of steel! >.> Though some slight definition is apparent. And yes, yay boobies! =3
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Xander » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 am

Well the arms are something I was never entirely happy with, but finding references was a bitch, so I had to make do with what I had. Bit of a pain considering they were central to the pose. I have some ideas for next time though. I think... :P

What else? Oh yeah, Jen gave me the idea for the setting and such, so I decided to throw her name in there. Plus it gave me an idea for something to add to the background.
The stomach shading stuff was more just to help give some definition. I was told, last time I did something similar, to give this some thought.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 pm

New stuff here. More Claire art. I've got some Amy art to scan and ink already, so expect that to follow.
Oh and if you can't see this one right, like me, just right click it and hit 'view image.'

Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby LegoMuskCat » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Oh wow! You're getting very good with drawing and coloring. ^_^ Really, you've done a great job here! Thank you for sharing this with us. =3
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Xander » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:33 pm

New artwork time. Not quite as good as Claire, certainly a few things that could be better but this is probably the one drawing I've done fastest. Not to mention the inclusion of some perspective in this one. Somehow this didn't slow it down at all. 0_o
I've discovered the joy of removing the outlines as well. It just looked better without them.

Anyway since it's fanart, if you want to add this to your gallery, do so, whoever's in charge of that.

Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:18 am

Call me weird, but I like seeing some lines in artwork. Still, this is very good. The only thing that looks off is the hair, but I recall our discussion about that.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Xander » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 am

Well I dunno. It just looked so much nice without them. I mean, the outline was made of just a 1 pixel wide black line but when looking at it after having seen how it looked without lines, it seemed kind of distracting.It especially helped bring out the smaller details such as the gems on the staff.
The only thing is, if you want to remove the lines you need to be more conscious of the shading on objects, folds, etc. otherwise it'll look flat, since the outline isn't there to show you where these things are.
If that makes any sense... >.> But believe me when I say the shawl looks better this way.

Yes, the hair. *sigh* Believe me, i'm starting to get fed up of it as well. I redid this one 3 times. :D But then I can't expect much for something that only uses the smudge tool. The good news, however, is that I may have finally found something that'll fit nicely with how I colour the rest of my stuff, so long as I can pull it off.
Not sure when I can test it out properly though. My next piece is going to be a character with their hair tied back and following that, Flynn with his short spiky hair so trying on long, straighter hair will have to wait.. I'll need to give it a go and see, but anythign should be better than what I do now. :P Just have patience and I'll eventually come up with the goods.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Xander » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:31 pm

/bump? :P I drew this one a good few months ago now.

Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Previous

Return to Fan stuff