Phantasy Staresque RPG

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Phantasy Staresque RPG

Postby keithe » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:33 am

Hey guys. I have a little project I'm doing using the Games Factory 2 and various other programs called the Twoer of Ubris. It's a Phantasy Star Style game that I'm tring to develop in addition to PSL (my fan comica that's posted on this site) I'm going to make a demo of te game and style it with a combination of the gameplay of the first four PS games and a BIG story. Still, I don't want any of you to think I'm tring to upstage my dear Phantasy Star series (perish the thought!) What I want to do is pay homage to one of the greatest RPG legacies ever told with a little project of my own.

Basically, before any of you ask, Games Factory 2 is a drag and drop game developer toolkit. Multimedia Fusion 2 and MMF Develloper 2 are much better. But I could only afford TGF 2 Home. Also, the reason I'm using this program to put together a game is that A: I'm an artist not a very experienced programmer with a little game design knowledge. Most of what I know is self taught. B: No one has ever done more than a simple game with TGF2 since the Nineties when they were making Sonic Fangames. www.clickteam.com is where you can check out the software and a whole slew of other stuff.

So, yes; I am an ameteur but I hope with this project I can be a competent one. :D

Keith
keithe
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Phantasy Staresque RPG

Postby Haaiku » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Any ideas when the demo would be available? I am quite interested... As for programmers, try hunting down this site for someone, these are all good people!

Your ideas sound really good, it's about time that we breath light on such a good series, and it being a big story? Yay!

[Self advertisment for the win!]
And of course, if you need help on the art side, I'm always ready to lend a hand.
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby keithe » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:18 pm

No idea yet. I just started but I will get a handle on things soon and know more as I get done.
keithe
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Daren » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:30 pm

That's great news, any new PS fan game is always a welcome thing although be advised that making a fan game is a long long long process, but I hope you will see it through it's end. Please post some screen shots when you have them as I would love to see what style you'll be using.

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff