Generation sprites?

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Generation sprites?

Postby xrick » Tue May 01, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks anyway.

I just hope there may be someone capable of helping me here...
Looking for supporters of SEGA finishing & localising PSTrilogy: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?404512-Phantasy-Star-Generation-Trilogy-Misc-Stuff
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby xrick » Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Sorry for asking you this, Tryphon, but like Dark Falz, could you dump the sprite sets of Army Eye and Mother Brain?

I think I managed to assemble Dark Falz's sprite from the set you posted here. Mother Brain may be easy as well:
Dark Falz.png
Dark Falz.png (114.46 KiB) Viewed 15243 times
Last edited by xrick on Wed May 02, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for supporters of SEGA finishing & localising PSTrilogy: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?404512-Phantasy-Star-Generation-Trilogy-Misc-Stuff
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tryphon » Tue May 01, 2012 6:16 pm

For Mother Brain : at first sight I've only that and I doubt it suffices to build the sprite. Tell me if not so, I'll take a further sight.

res-MONDAT-01351000.png
res-MONDAT-01351000.png (78.41 KiB) Viewed 15237 times

For Army Eye (they seem redundants, but I notices lots of redundances in PS2G sheets ; I event noticed battle sprites of Alisa and Tyron...) :

res-MONDAT-00B9A000.png
res-MONDAT-00B9A000.png (131.49 KiB) Viewed 15237 times

res-MONDAT-00B90000.png
res-MONDAT-00B90000.png (64.52 KiB) Viewed 15237 times
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby xrick » Tue May 01, 2012 7:00 pm

For Mother Brain I can tell it seems to be everything needed in there, I'll try to assemble the pieces together.
Thanks alot for the favor.
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby xrick » Tue May 01, 2012 7:36 pm

For Mother Brain, again I'm not sure if it's OK, here it is:
Mother Brain.png
Mother Brain.png (54.43 KiB) Viewed 15219 times

And here's Army Eye:
Army Eye.png
Army Eye.png (24.04 KiB) Viewed 15219 times

Neifirst I don't need since I use her cutscene intro still.
Last edited by xrick on Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tryphon » Tue May 01, 2012 8:50 pm

O Mother Brain, how big hands you have...
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby xrick » Tue May 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Do you have an idea if Dark Falz & Mother Brain are properly assembled?
The images I used as guidance were small... PSCave's pics of both.

If they're all OK then only Mad Doctor & Gold Drake are left.
I think Gazeta's battle sprites are incomplete, I can't find neither Dark Falz nor Gold Drake's body parts, only the attack animation parts...
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tryphon » Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 pm

I can't tell. I haven't goods screenshots of them. But it looks decently similar.

I'm playing with the iso file and I got a huge number of graphics files. Though, I'm sure some are missing (I have no sprites of playable characters walking for example, and a sheet in Arima(ya) is clearly missing. I know it because I managed to get these sheet with texmod - but it's much slower and innacurate). I'm investigating...
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby xrick » Tue May 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Have you found anything hidden from what we can see in-game, like prototype arts or anything else?
PSG:1 had something like that, you can see in Gazeta's PSG:1 Sprite Section.
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tryphon » Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Nothing interesting. But as I told, some sheets are clearly missing, so I wait for what gazetadealgol will release next week.
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby xrick » Tue May 01, 2012 10:51 pm

OK, thanks anyway, you've been quite the help already.
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby orakio_rob » Thu May 03, 2012 1:24 pm

First of all, please excuse me if I take too long to answer emails or messages... I'be been very busy lately, so sometimes I need a few days to reply.

Yes, the image collection is incomplete. I couldn't find characters protraits, for instance. Maybe they are hidden inside the SLPM file in the ISO, and our tools don't work on this file. I've asked my rom hackers friends to take a look at this, but they are quite busy right now and I don't see this hapenning in the next few weeks

PSG2 images: I'll probably upload them next week.

And thank you all for being so interested in this stuff ^_^

Kyence wrote:Will your friends release the tools they made for these? Do their tools allow you to edit these pictures and re-insert them back into the ISO? You could edit the stats labels (Like Atk power, Defense power, etc.)from the Japanese to Portuguese:)

Yes, we will release all tools!

And yes, we can edit images and reinsert them! A friend of mine is translating all images, and I must say that he is doing quite a good work. Take a look:

We are using a GIMP plugin, developed by RodolfoRG. After images are extracted and decompressed, the plugin allows us to open and edit them. Are you interested in this tool? I can ask RodolfoRG if it's ok to share it with you now. The image isn't very sharp in ths screenshot above, but that's my fault... in-game, this stuff looks great.

As you can see, in menus I'm using three-letter names for the characters. I know I can try messing around with the pointers, but I'll try not to create too much chaos at this stage ^_^ I'll try it later, first I want to get this thing translated. In other sections of the game, the names show up in complete form, and that's what really matters.
Download the Compendium at my Phantasy Star website: http://www.gazetadealgol.com.br/downloads/
orakio_rob
Locusta
Locusta

Postby xrick » Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm

It's looking quite great, awesome job!
By the way... what are those "pointers" you guys are always talking about? Does it have anything to do with the font width?
Last edited by xrick on Thu May 03, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tryphon » Thu May 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Thanks OrakioRob. I've something that could help you :

arima2.png
arima2.png (246.17 KiB) Viewed 15208 times

This sheet is in the game (I got it using texmod above PCSX2, and others sheets I've had this way were among the sheets I've decompressed using your tools), but I didn't find it among the sheets I got viewing MAPDATA (If you hav it, I'd be curious to know how you found it).

Maybe knowing what to look for can help you and your comrades !
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tryphon » Fri May 04, 2012 10:26 am

I've just noticed a stupid mistake in the script I wrote to automatically disassemble all files contained in a DAT file. That could explain why so much pictures were missing, and I strongly believe I will now find the sheet I posted above.

Edit : it's indeed inside (@ 0x005E4000 to be precise)
Last edited by Tryphon on Fri May 04, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff