I like PSIII too much fff

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

I like PSIII too much fff

Postby Oda » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:02 pm

It's funny cause I remember whenever I tried to play it years back, I couldn't even get Mieu because (I was a dumb little girl who couldn't read I mean) I tend to lose in the game. Now that I've actually tried to play and get farther in the game, I really want to remake it or something jfdshjfsdj.

As I have RPG maker VX, It's really tempting to outright just remake it xD(Like Lysander's remake, which I still really love jdskfhjkhsd). Though I do have a few concepts on how to make the game and how the generations would go (The generations would be like episode releases), I'm not the best at coding (I barely get codes in VX dsfjhjfsdh) and am really only best (read decent, at least to me) at writing and drawing. Though alot of PSIII remakes have fail, I'm pretty determined to make this a reality (unless Sega decides to remake it, which is a small possibility since I heard that recently they had a poll on which series should they revive, and Phantasy Star won yes). I would really like it if some of you guys could help ; v; whether it's actually on the game or just idea's and concepts for it.

And if making a fanmade remake of PSIII doesn't float your boat (or mine, because of alot of fail projects fsjdkhjshf), I think the game would also translate well into a Visual Novel ; v; Though it'd lose the rpg element (or maybe it won't, depends if someone knows how to code that in or I can find one jhfdsjsfdh), it'd be able to keep it's plot and maybe possibly expand it, adding things that the english release left out and more xD. And then if not that, I wouldn't mind making a comic of it ; v; though I'm trying to figure out how somethings from the game translate into a comic (mainly stuff like random battles, though it's probably not that big of a deal). It would be interesting xD

I just needed to get that out, cause this game deserves (and needs) a remake or something badly fsdjhjfhsdj (well, I think all of them need remakes, but PSIII is special). Maybe It'll happen because of this or cause Sega realized they could make it better. Or maybe it'll never happen and will just be another dream by a fan that couldn't fulfill it (which may be the case fksdjhjfsd)

coughcough
Help I have Phantasy Star'd and can't get up
Oda
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: I like PSIII too much fff

Postby Edge » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Phantasy Star III is my favorite Sega Genesis game.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:04 am

Edge wrote:Phantasy Star III is my favorite Sega Genesis game.

Yeah, how's your remake coming along edge?

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Rulakir » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:51 am

My fan game will (once far enough along) feature aspects of the PS3 storyline, heavily truncated though.

I'm making it in RPGMaker VX, at present my coding skills are sub par so i'm just using all the scripts i can find to aid in the job, and i'm attempting to rip enough PSG1+2 sprites so that i can alter them enough to make the correct character sprites.

Good luck on your remake if you decide to do it! ;)
Rulakir
Locusta
Locusta

Postby myau56 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Phantasy Star III is a great game ! I love it too but I love all the PS (even if the first is special to my heart and for me still the best).
myau56
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Oda » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:39 am

Rulakir wrote:My fan game will (once far enough along) feature aspects of the PS3 storyline, heavily truncated though.

I'm making it in RPGMaker VX, at present my coding skills are sub par so i'm just using all the scripts i can find to aid in the job, and i'm attempting to rip enough PSG1+2 sprites so that i can alter them enough to make the correct character sprites.

Good luck on your remake if you decide to do it!

Thanks! You too ; v;

myau56 wrote:Phantasy Star III is a great game ! I love it too but I love all the PS (even if the first is special to my heart and for me still the best).
Edge wrote:Phantasy Star III is my favorite Sega Genesis game.

I love them all as well, lately I've just grown to be a little fonder of PSIII (probably because I beat/know alot about the other games than PSIII fdshjjkfsdjfds)
Oda
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Edge » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:20 am

Yeah, how's your remake coming along edge?

Dude, real life had totally kicked my ass on a level you can't imagine. I'm up now due to depression on everything thas happened since I bounced. Anyway, needless to say, no work on the project. I hope someone else makes one.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Kyence » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:53 am

PSIII was the first PS game I played. I bought RPG Maker VX Ace...and have been toying with the notion of remaking it in VXA once I am complete with my English translation of the PSG1 Playstation 2 ISO (this is the actual game itself, not a VXA port).

Honestly, I have had fun with the VXA sprite sizes; I already made the 1st generation sprites (with some Photoshop tweaking, of course), Laya, and Gwyn. Ideally, the battle screen would feature PSG1/G2 character sprites for attacking enemies and casting magic.

Of course, this is far from even being a "project," but I tinkered enough with available scripts and have figured out how to feature all three generations in the same RPGVXA game if I take it on:)

I'm sorry you're going through some difficult times, Edge. I wish you the best.
Kyence
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Oda » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 am

Kyence wrote:PSIII was the first PS game I played. I bought RPG Maker VX Ace...and have been toying with the notion of remaking it in VXA once I am complete with my English translation of the PSG1 Playstation 2 ISO (this is the actual game itself, not a VXA port).

Honestly, I have had fun with the VXA sprite sizes; I already made the 1st generation sprites (with some Photoshop tweaking, of course), Laya, and Gwyn. Ideally, the battle screen would feature PSG1/G2 character sprites for attacking enemies and casting magic.

Of course, this is far from even being a "project," but I tinkered enough with available scripts and have figured out how to feature all three generations in the same RPGVXA game if I take it on:)

I'm sorry you're going through some difficult times, Edge. I wish you the best.

I kinda forget which was the first Phantasy Star I played, I want to say 4 cause that's the first one I was able to complete, but I don't think it was my first xD.

Lucky, I really wanted to get VXA; Maybe you should try to remake it after you translate PSG1 (which I look forward and wish you luck to!), truthfully it seems to be a fun project to do (which is another reason I would like to try and remake it ff). I'm still trying to figure out/get used to using and working with scripts in vx, so I wouldn't know how to combine all the generations in one game fdshjkhf (well, I kinda have an idea, but it would probably be all clunky and make the big too big and slow fff). I was wondering of doing a type of battle screen that you mentioned, but I think I'll probably go with something similar to the original one, but tweaked a bit ; v;
Oda
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:21 pm

once i finish my current project ill release the code so people can use it or learn from it

the battle system is honestly the hardest part of an rpg...if u can code that u can code the rest of the game easy
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Oda » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 am

spookeydonkey wrote:once i finish my current project ill release the code so people can use it or learn from it

the battle system is honestly the hardest part of an rpg...if u can code that u can code the rest of the game easy

O this is delayed sob, that would he helpful though O:
Haha I need to work on coding more jgdskf
Oda
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to Fan stuff