My PSIII Remake!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

My PSIII Remake!

Postby sjlanlounge » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

Another PS3 remake I hear you all cry! This won't happen happen hahahahaahahahaha. Well guys I started a while back and I'm here to post and update everyone. My first project which had 6 months work was lost but I started again a while ago. I am doing a remake of PSIII using my vision, but don't worry its very close to the original in terms of story and characters. What I've tried to do is take the original and fix what was broken and add what was missing. An alpha play through of Rhys generation is getting closer everyday. I loved PS3 is was my first and favourite PS game and it deserves a good proper remake!

I inteend to make 3 generations playable with full story, I am currently close the finishing generation 1. One major thing I have changed is the whole marriage thing. The player will no longer choose who to marry the game will follow a set path eventually ending up 3rd generation as either Aron or Sean. I however do not rule out going back through an adding the choice of marriage but its just too much work at the moment. I chose Aron and Sean as those 2 endings are the only ones I feel fit the whole PS story line properly.

All the original characters remain but I've expanded on story lines etc. Rhys and Lena now have a historical relationship she's not just some randomer who turns up. You can visit Lena's home in the first generation. I've made Rhys more head strong, naive and irrational however as the character grows he'll change. I felt almost as if Rhys needs to grow and mature on his adventure to become King Rhys properly. Mieu and Wren will have a small explaniation of where they came from but I'm going with the background story they have both had their memories tampered with after serving Orakio. Mieu and Wren will form close relationships with the off spring and I've decided they should almost be mentors. Lyle is going to be smart, cunning and untrustworthy, you'll see him playing games and winding Rhys up until their battle. Eventually realising that he and Rhys both share a mutual love for the safety and honour of their kingdoms and people. I may choose to add Lyle briefly into Nials generation as I feel Lyle was a massive part of PS3. He is part of the reason Rhys starts opening worlds and playing with moons. We may even see Rhys and Lyle in the 3rd generations.

So what have we got so far where is this project?

I have been using RPG MAKER VX ACE. All the character sprites and portaits for all 3 generations are done. I have background stories and a basic idea of all dialogue and relationships for everyone. The 1st generation alpha is almost completed in terms of maps, artwork and story. Map wise we have: Landen world plus towns and caves, Aquatica world map as snow and normal plus towns and caves. Aridia is 95% complete I just need to finish Wren's cave and finish the cyborg dialogues. We're going to see a very different Hazatak town I felt the original didnt really have a story or reason for existing. I've made the cyborgs there guardians and keepers of history and the Alisa III computer systems. The item prices and stat values are done and i've started doing techiques.

I will be releasing an alpha play through without monster battles so people can test my story and give feed back. I expect this project to take months and months to complete maybe even years. I have friends on standby to test and may upload online. Screenshots and images will be posted on this forum shortly.

I am fully commited to this project and in time it will be released. My next major jobs are to implement and test the monsters and combat system and I need to recruit some artists to create art for the cut scenes.
-=[Muzz]=-
sjlanlounge
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: My PSIII Remake!

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:19 pm

I will certainly take a look at whatever you release. Good luck!

Are you aware of the Japanese script of the game? It's quite interesting and may give you some ideas.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Missagh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Sounds great! Please keep us informed and if you ever complete the game, we would love to host it here at the cave's fan games section. Also, please let Hugues know about your project as well: http://ps3.huguesjohnson.com/
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Tryphon » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 am

Really interesting. I'm looking forward to see it !

Have you kept original graphics ?
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Oda » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 am

Oooo I'll be looking forward to this ; v; PSIII is my personal favorite and does deserve a proper remake (I still pray for the day Sega decides to remake it, if ever). I had so ideas for a remake but never really went forward with making it, though I still have VX ace.....

If you need an artist for cutscenes, I'll be willing to help if you want (though atm I can't digital art due to lack of mouse ahahahha) ; v; best of luck though!
Help I have Phantasy Star'd and can't get up
Oda
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Rulakir » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:20 am

What graphics are you using for the game? I ask because my game (The Algol Chronicles) is using PSG1+2 graphics (with custom alterations) to represent PS3 (PS3 is only a part of my game though), after I finish my game (which may very well be after you're done with yours :P) I could pass along my customs for you to use.
Rulakir
Locusta
Locusta

Postby sjlanlounge » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Here's some preview shots for you guys. I am using alot of the default RPG Maker VX stuff for now, I know thats not great but it makes things easier. I have alot of downloaded custom tilesets though which I plan to credit to the authors etc. I am very open however once the project is finished going back through and using different graphics. You can view the full image here as this forums cut the right hand side off. http://tinypic.com/r/t9w2sj/6

-=[Muzz]=-
sjlanlounge
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Di.H » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Sorry, but this is really "not great" with faces(((
Di.H
Locusta
Locusta

Postby sjlanlounge » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Yeah I'm aware about the whole art and faces situation however I'd rather finish a basic project then go back and alter it in the future. I plan on making several releases. Don't forget PSIII isn't great visual or graphics wise its more about game play and story. I'll take any comments and advice but people need to be realistic PSIII is such a massive project which is why they nearly always fail but I don't want too.
-=[Muzz]=-
sjlanlounge
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Tryphon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:50 pm

I don't totally agree. Graphics got old for sure, but it had, and still has, its own graphical style. To the contrary, game play and story were poor, to say the least. Bit those two can easily be fixed.

I plan to make a PS3 remake too, when I'll have finished my PS2GEN remake. But the question of graphical (and musical) style is the most difficult for me. I don't think PS Generations games would be a good base for them - style is too different -, but I don't see which game would be.
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Di.H » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Hm... I plan to make a PS3 remake too O_o
But think graphic must be PS4-like. And I even can help with it.

And guys, admite it: graphics, story and gameplay relly bad in PSIII(graphics so seriose and this isn't help the game; story creative, but cuted and bad-write; dialoges don't show characters feelings; gameplay su**s), but game have it's own charm. Need save the charm and remake else
Di.H
Locusta
Locusta

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Several of the gameplay complaints could be made about Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star II as well. People give Phantasy Star III more flack than it deserves.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Tryphon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 am

This debate occured here more than necessary :)

I *really* don't think that graphics from a remake should be PS4-ish. But II'm curious to see that.
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Rulakir » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:30 am

We'll probably never know what graphical style fits PS3 the best unless someone at SEGA remakes it. I would guess Generations, since PS1 and PS2 had very different graphical styles originally as well, but ended up using very similar graphics for their remakes.

Failing that, one could take the original sprites and extrapolate new ones from the original style. I think the long standing opinion though is that PS3's visual style needs to be brought in line with that of PS2/4.
Rulakir
Locusta
Locusta

Postby sjlanlounge » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 pm

The original graphics of any of the PS games never really bothered me because the story and timeline is just so awesome. I'll take any comments and suggestions defo but this is a massive massive so somethings will have to wait. Maybe I'll throw my RPG Maker files out there when finished and people can do as they please.
-=[Muzz]=-
sjlanlounge
Pinchant
Pinchant

Next

Return to Fan stuff