quick topic: PSIV overworld

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

quick topic: PSIV overworld

Postby Haaiku » Wed May 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I unfortunately lost all of my own rips of the Phantasy Star IV over world tiles, so I'm wondering if anyone in the community might post a link here so that myself and others as well can have access to them.

Thanks!
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Re: quick topic: PSIV overworld

Postby Edge » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:34 am

You know, Haaiku, I googled several searches trying to find this for you with absolutely no luck whatsoever... I figure I can easily rip them in a few hours without much trouble, but would absolutely HATE to waste my time, seeing as I only have 2 off days a week... So I have to ask you... What do you need these for? If it's for a personal project you don't wish to announce due to so many failed-finishes announced, I'll understand 100%, but pm me if that IS the case... If this will result in a new fan-game that will "for sure" be released/finished, I'll happily give you 2-3 hours of my life, np.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:39 am

oh, and btw... In case you're capable of ripping the tiles yourself, here is a link to each world map in PSIV using their 'proper ripping sizes'... With these, ripping the tiles would be a serious piece of cake... These are full-sized screen shots put together... Thus, ripping the tiles would be easily done using these...

Mota: http://www.psalgo.com/images/gamemaps/PhantasyStarIV-EndOfTheMillennium-Motavia.png
Dezo: http://www.psalgo.com/images/gamemaps/PhantasyStarIV-EndOfTheMillennium-Dezolis.png
Ryko: http://www.psalgo.com/images/gamemaps/PhantasyStarIV-EndOfTheMillennium-Rykros.png
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Given those images and the size of a tile, it should really be a breeze scripting the ripping... I guess writing the script would probably be an hours work or so, but that's still both quicker and more fun that doing it manually I would say.
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:21 pm

... or maybe not.

I wrote such a script, and it was very easy, but what it cannot do is separate trees, cities etc from the background...
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff