android phantasy star

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

android phantasy star

Postby spookeydonkey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm interested in how many have android phones or tablets here vs iphone\ipad. If a phantasy star was made for these...would u want touch based battle or onscreen dpad _;)

Which games battle system would u prefer??
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: android phantasy star

Postby abcc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:57 am

Hi. I have Android phone. And also have Android Tablet. I would perfer touch screen for the fights.
i would really love Phantasy Star 2 remake for Androud tablet. U can controll them by draging them or have options for
both kinds. And then touch screen in organizing your battle and what to use. Theres money in this for Sega. If only they knew. I want all 4 original Phantasy Stars remastered made especially for tablets and ipads.
abcc
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:22 am

wohoo a reply!

i wish i could help you guy but I can't possibly remake all the games. I don't wanna remake anything, I have something specific in mind. I'm making the game for my tablet, and it looks OK on my phone (I have a Nexus 7 and an HTC One. The HTC's resolution is much higher than the tablet's).

There really isn't any money in this for Sega, as they've proven they don't care about their IPs. That said, I don't plan to publish on the play store unless I find suitable graphics. control will be thru onscreen buttons, and in battle touch screen. Menus will also be touch screen.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Brian » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 am

Square Enix co are releasing updated versions of the old final fantasy games and dragon quests. Also if you take a look at the work kemco are doing for phone games some are really quite good. Sega seem to be only trying to milk poor old sonic for every cent he's worth but they could take a bigger cut of the games market quite inexpensively.
Brian
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:04 am

Brian wrote:Also if you take a look at the work kemco are doing for phone games some are really quite good.

Which ones? They release a ton of mediocre JRPGs, it's hard to see which, if any, are actually good.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Brian » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:21 am

They're actually producing games unlike Sega who could port already existing titles to Android. Kemco isn't for everyone I agree and most aren't exactly innovative but it's something.
Brian
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:18 pm

"it's something"? Sorry, there are too many games to play as it is. My backlog keeps growing.
BenoitRen

Postby Brian » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:43 am

Lol didn't say you had to play them. Just pointing out there is a market for games developers could tap into and Sega have the titles at their disposal to do this in a cost effective manner that could potentially generate revenue for them and keep fans like ourselves happy. Win, win.
Brian
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Parma Ham » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:31 am

Last edited by Parma Ham on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parma Ham

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:45 pm

The original Valkyria Chronicles got a PC port, so there's that.
BenoitRen

Postby spookeydonkey » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Damn I've been away for a long time. I kinda got depressed at my current situation and stopped programming entirely. I think I even deleted Eclipse...not sure. I've been feeling the creative urge though and decided to scrap any part of my old project that involved collision detection. It's cuz, with the tools I was using, collision detection was a big pain in the ass, and it wasn't working right, and there's like 8 variables I had to constantly keep changing and fixing one thing would mess up another...I would need to recode some parts from scratch and my coding wasn't as elegant or well commented as usual as I was actually making RAPID progress lol.

I'll cross post this into my main program thread (doubt too many people are even following). As I got most everything working code wise for a playable battle simulator...I think I'm just gonna do that. Nothing fancy, just attacking and healing to begin with, maybe a chance to shop for stuff every few battles. Just something to waste time. The way I think of it is that the collision detection pretty much sidetracked and derailed my project, as the tools I was using were good yet bad (incomplete).

Maybe Sega will take notice if it ever gets popular (and complete) enough that they will shut me down and re-release :)
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Return to Fan stuff