Guess who's back with a gift

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Guess who's back with a gift

Postby spookeydonkey » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 pm

I've got a little gift for everyone :)
This app is compatible with Android phones running 2.3 or above I think.
Took me 2 days to do!

Just press on the characters. To exit just press the home button on your phone. It's gonna say the app crashed but that's ok, you can then delete it if you want.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157 ... emall2.rar
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: Guess who's back with a gift

Postby spookeydonkey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:09 pm

I can't contain myself I'm about to drop by with another gift!
Of course I shouldn't bother because I didn't get any feedback on this gift...But it's ok I'm kind :p
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:11 am

I've been looking at all the RPG Makes etc crap that's out there and I remember when I used to download those games and was so sad that it was like a kid trying to draw his favorite cartoon: it's just not the same. The best "clone" I ever saw was just that: a clone programmed for the PC Engine. That was the only one that felt like a real PS game.

So I was getting ready to release and then I realized, I'm making a big mistake. If someone wants to play as Chaz walking around Aiedo, or Rolf walking around Paseo, they can easily just do that in an emulator on their phone. I should be offering something *unique*.

I don't really want to write a scenario, but maybe a small short one would be OK. I'm just working on some "special FX" I can include that would make the game a bit more fun, and worth someone's time to download, install, and play. I think I will be releasing this on the Play store first, as I believe people on this board may lack the technical skill to install on their phones. That said, I'll just provide a link when I put it up. Of course, that means I need to actually add a decent amount of substance to the game.

I know this board isn't what it was 10 years ago, and most people lurk, but please if you guys want to see something, say it! I'm putting in hours trying to make something new for the community. It's not RPG Maker stuff that just has the PS name. I'm trying to make something that I'm sure EVERY one of us thought about before: what would happen if Chaz went to Paseo, and other what ifs. And it's all done using the original graphics, so it looks like something SEGA would have released.

Well, back to programming :p
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby skymandr » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:29 pm

I don't have a smart-phone, but nonetheless: always cool to see new projects and phan-thusiasm! :)
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby spookeydonkey » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:20 pm

oh crap I was gonna release a small demo, but you know....*life* happened. I'm now the proud owner of a used BMW X5!
My '97 Ford Expedition was crapping all over my life. A/C doesn't work except between 10pm and 9am (I live in a desert), repeatedly had to fix it, literally every other month or so something would go wrong. I've put at least $1000 into this car in the last 6 months or so. Hopefully my new car won't trouble me as much, considering parts for Bimmers are a bit more expensive than for Fords.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Wow I'm horrible. Honestly I'm not even facing any big difficulties in programming this thing for once (other than the town collision detection cuz it's tedious work) I'm just kinda bummed out since I don't have a job anymore and sunk my savings in to a car. I've gained a lot of weight in the past two months (5-10 Kg!) from eating and not working out and I've been trying hard to not get depressed and actually get things accomplished. I'm gonna try to put an hour of programming in right now which should be just enough to get the battle engine functioning and then hopefully finish it up this week.

I've basically decided that after creating the battle engine and a shop where you can buy items (along with health/revive shop) I'll probably call it quits unless theirs some real interest and feedback. If anyone is interested in the source I'll be happy to help out depending on if I'm gonna continue or not.

So umm yeah that's about it
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby skymandr » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 am

Don't be too hard on yourself! Good luck!
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby DarkMyau » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:04 pm

This is an important point in your life. Your feeling down because things are going badly right now.

Don't worry, things will be better.

But in the mean time, I would advise you to finish what you started. It gives you something to aim for and to distract you from real life issues.

I am in a simular situation, so I made myself keep working on my fan fictions. I have one uploaded to this site now, and I have to admit, the more I read it, the more I don't like it. But its done and I have at least one FF on the site. I have about 20 more that I am working on, but they are a long way from done.

So keep at it
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 am

thanks guys for the feedback! honestly right now the only joy I get is from driving my car and listening to music, along with reading game of thrones. i've turned into such a boring person, I just read reddit while smoking sheesha and NOT enjoying it. I use to love doing that (smoking, and reddit). Now, I don't. I can literally list the two or three web sites I actually visit, I don't even google for interesting things anymore :(

I keep telling myself I'm going to sit down and program the battle portion of the game, as it's honestly pretty simple, but I can't really sit down in front of my PC long enough to even open up Eclipse.

I just stared at the screen for 5 minutes thinking what to write. I'll be alright guys, I just need to stop worrying about stuff for a while. And get a job :(
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Return to Fan stuff