OG PS vs PSO

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

OG PS vs PSO

Postby KillerSPER » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Maybe I am a small minority here but am I the only person who dislikes the Phantasy Star Online and wish we could get more of the genre JRPG like it was with 1-4?
The One & Only
KillerSPER
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: OG PS vs PSO

Postby Drake_Zeppeli » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:51 pm

I'll admit, at first, I didn't like PSO and PSU/PSPortable. But over time, they all grew on me.

But there's only one thing about PSO, PSU, and PSPortable I still dislike to this day, and if you look at the fan art in Pixiv. You'll know what I mean.
Phantasy Star is the love of my life...in the platonic sense.
Drake_Zeppeli
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:28 pm

I'm sure you're not the only one, but there is no need for this kind of polarisation. It's not like the Phantasy Star Online games are preventing traditional Phantasy Star games from existing. In fact, we get neither style at the moment, as Phantasy Star Online 2 remains exclusive to Japan and South East Asia.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby sandy » Sun May 14, 2017 5:43 pm

I absoulety agree with BenoitRen.
sandy
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Kaihaku » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm

I vastly prefer the Algo series of Phantasy Star...but I still respect and enjoy PSO. Basically, PSO is not the sequel I had hoped for but it's still great for what it is. I'd like to play more of both. But despite the success of games like Xenoblade, Persona, and Monster Hunter Sega doesn't seem interested in it's international RPG audience (which is strange since they bought Atlus).
The Once and Future Kai
"An droid, the droid -- whatever"
Kaihaku
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby thepeaguy83 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:42 pm

I don't hate the Online spin offs because they have been instrumental in delivering online gaming to the console market.

However, the original series is very dear to me. It didn't receive the best localisation, thanks to technical constraints, but I still love the games.

Unfortunately, the original series won't be remade nor receive an update. The creators have moved on.
thepeaguy83
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Kaihaku » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:25 pm

What I find unfortunate is that Sega seems to get the value of some classic brands...look at Streets of Rage 4 and Sonic Mania. But, for whatever reason, Shining and Phantasy Star are not among them. I'm sure there are some new developers who would love to get their hands on these classic properties but it's the corporation that isn't interested. Sad given that we're in the age of the brand revival and remake.
The Once and Future Kai
"An droid, the droid -- whatever"
Kaihaku
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to General Discussion