Phantasy Star IV: A New Age

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Phantasy Star IV: A New Age

Postby guru2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:36 am

I didn't see any topics about this game any where, even searching on google. Is there any site where the creator posts?

I found a bug in chapter 2. It's a cut scene where Hahn uses zan, and it comes up with an error stating it is missing an audio file.

Very nice game though. I have a couple things I would have preferred, such as a free world to roam, but it's still very well done. Definitely enjoyed it, very nostalgic, and looking forward to seeing the next update.
guru2
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: Phantasy Star IV: A New Age

Postby Zucca » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I haven't even heard of this game?
If it's a rom hack, then you'd probably find some contact info from romhacking.net.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:00 am

It's not a ROM hack, it's a fan game made with RPG Maker XP: Phantasy Star IV: A New Age.

I've run into this omission as well. The creator provided a quick fix, and then a new version, but I've yet to upload either. Will do so today.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby guru2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Did you ever get a chance to upload the new version? Thanks in advance!
guru2
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Sorry, I forgot about it. I've uploaded the new version!
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby guru2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks, wow I can't believe how much content there is for a part 1. I think I ended up playing for like 7 hours before I got to the end of the game. It was definitely a fun game, so definitely worth it, in case anyone is wondering. I ended up getting an email back from Elias (found his email in the readme), and he said any feedback would be appreciated, so I'll probably make a thread or something for feedback later on (unless someone beats me to it).

Nice to see more PS fan games coming out recently!
guru2
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby EliasJ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi friends,

It's been years since I've been reading posts from this forum, but now that I've released Part 1 of this fan game, I've finally decided to register so as to be able to get in close contact with people here. I'm also receiving messages from the PSIV fan page at Facebook, but this board is better suited for this matter as it can be much more topic-centered.

After exchanging a couple emails with Jeff (who must be "guru2" from what I read here, if I'm not mistaken), he suggested to start a thread, and well, here I am.

Glad to see you finished and enjoyed it, BTW. Cheers!
EliasJ
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby guru2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:31 am

It's been a while since I played, so it's a little tough to give ya any reliable feedback even with the notes I took. I'll definitely run through the game again and give ya some better feedback when I have more time to go through it again, just a little swamped at the moment irl. Definitely enjoyed it though and didn't find any major bugs after the last update. Hopefully some others will give it a shot and give their thoughts as well!
guru2
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby EliasJ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Much appreciated. Were you able to play the game full screen (Alt+Enter)? I tested it on a Win10 laptop but to no avail, only windowed mode works. Not a big deal, but still, it puzzles me.
EliasJ
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby guru2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:39 am

I was able to get full screen working, I had windows 7 at the time though. I have linux now so I'll let you know if everything works alright with the linux OS.
guru2
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to Fan stuff