Hello everyone. I have a fairly irritating problem.

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Postby Da New Guy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:58 pm

Hello everyone, I am, well, the new guy here. I've been looking for a fairly active forum for this rather old, but great game.<p>I've dusted off my old trusty Dreamcast and started playing again, with a Ranger. I am not that good on the class names but he is<br>Ranger+Andriod+Male<br>The biggest of the bunch.<br>I don't play online, I dont even know if it is possible now.<p>Well, here is my problem: A big lobster named De Rol Le.<p>His 4.000 HP compared to the dragon's 1500 makes his fight extremly long, and as a andriod I lack Resta so he slowly wears me out...<br>As if that wasn't enough, the major issue is damage dealing.<br>I remeber having a Force character which did this big nuke magic and a few of them killed him before he even could raise up and fire his beams the first time. Also my Hunter could wack him easily, with a big Sword or Helberd, hitting lots of places for huge damage, as with the nuke magic.<p>Using my Rifle on him with my Ranger however, I hit only one part for pityful damage...soooo!<p>I choosed the name "Sledgehammer" and thus getting Viridia ID and hoping for a godsent gift named Shot.<p>Is that possible to get before De Ro Le? If not, how do I defeat him? I really enyoy beating the Normal game with my Force and Hunter, but with my Ranger I can't even beat the second boss...<p>[size=small][Edit by Da New Guy on [TIME]1113688818[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Da New Guy on [TIME]1113689338[/TIME]][/size]
Da New Guy

Postby Zubon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:24 am

Ok, here's my masterful strategy. ^_~<br>It's long, but you asked for it!<p>When he does the "Going along the ceiling and making boulders fall" attack, you should go to the nearest edge to him on the right corner...Like this:<p>Image<p>Go so far up to the corner that it looks as if your guy should topple of the side, as one of his feet will be sticking off the side of the raft. The boulders should miss you, but one every 10 times or so, you may get hit. If it just doesn't work use the top left corner.<p>When his does the "Shooting purple floaty balls" attack you should go to the nearest edge to him again, and on the right hand corner. So using the above diagram, he will now be on the right, and you should be on the bottom-right corner. This is a risky thing, it isn't that reliable but works fairly well. <p>Thirdly, when he does his "Shooting bio-mines at you, which you have to kill before they explode" attack; If he does the ones that follow you, then you just have to kill them. There's no two ways about it. If however he does the ones that land in a formation like the five dots on a dice, then just kill one of the ones in the corner and get into that corner.<p>After a while he'll slam his big ugly head onto the raft. You can tell when he's gonna do this as he loiters at the side of the raft for a while then just submerges for a second.<p>The threat here is his weird prong things. Basically, I found that with a HU you can go "Weak, Strong, Strong" three-hit combo attack, then "Weak, Weak" two-hit...then just run around crazily and his prong should miss. Basically it's delayed between when it locks onto you finally, and when it shoots at you. Then as soon as you've avoided his first prong, go "Weak, Strong, Strong" 3-hit. Run again. Do this twice more. He will shoot down a prong four times in total. After that go crazy on him until he pulls away. The timing of the attacks may vary for your RA but the idea is to avoid his prongs by fitting the attacks inbetween the strikes perfectly.<p>Whoo...this is longer than I anticipated!<p>Ok, after you've done so much damage the lights will go out. If he does any of the above attacks the strategy remains the same. But he will have a new attack now.<p>He will lurk at the bottom edge of the raft then rear up in the air like a snake when it's about to strike. He'll shoot a laser beam at you, here's how to avoid it: Run in a small circle on either the left or right side of the raft. You'll hear a "ffffftt!" noise; that's him charging his laser. When you hear that, run to the other side of the raft and start running in a little circle again. <br>When you hear the "Pffffttt!" run off again. I think this happens four times in total.<p>You know you're getting somewhere when his ugly mask bursts off, revealing him to be even uglier than before!<p>If you use this tactic you'll only ever really get hit by the occasional purple floaty ball, and by the bio-mines that follow you if you're not strong enough to destroy them in time.<p>I used this tactic to defeat him with a very low level HU, I can't remember what level she was exactly, but basically two hits from the prong would kill her. >.<
Zubon

Postby Mage1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:36 am

I've monitored his attack pattern, his attack pattern is...<p>BEGIN FIGHT-<p>Wait for a period<p>Hits the deck<p>Small wait<p>Attacks with spikes and purple balls<p>Wait Period<p>Hits the deck<p>Small wait period<p>Attacks with spikes and purple balls<p>Very short wait period<p>Goes on the roof and attacks with rocks<p>Wait Period<p>Attack with beam three times non stop<p>Small wait period<p>Attacks with spikes only<p>Wait period<p>Attacks with beam three times again<p>Small wait period<p>(He might attack with spikes now, but I don't think he did)<p>Lights are back on and repeats pattern.<br>----------------------------------------------<br>I beat him at level 10<p>Zu your level 10 with your Hu right?<br>I used a gun to eat him, even though I was a HU.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by Mage1 on [TIME]1113701915[/TIME]][/size]
Mage1

Postby Zubon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:47 am

Wow, Mage1, between us we're like some sort of Tactical Supercomputer!
Zubon

Postby Mage1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:53 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Zubon</i><p>Wow, Mage1, between us we're like some sort of Tactical Supercomputer!<br></blockquote><br>Yep, But I've fought De Rol Le about 3 times now, because one time you do it in a quest. ;) <p>EDIT:<p>Oops In only fought him 3 times!<p>The reason why I know his moves is because it takes Soooooo long to kill him, and he's a worm.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Mage1 on [TIME]1113703164[/TIME]][/size]
Mage1

Postby FOrave » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:49 am

I know what you mean about it being hard. my first character (RAcast named Jenova) had the biggest problem killing de rol le.
FOrave

Postby Mage1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:59 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by FOrave</i><p>I know what you mean about it being hard. my first character (RAcast named Jenova) had the biggest problem killing de rol le.<br></blockquote><p>What level were you at that time?<p>Also, Androids have a <b>big</b> disadvantage, it's a disadvantage of being an android because you can't use <b>resta</b>, resta the healing tech is my life, since I use it too much, I <b>guess</b> I use it ove <b>300</b> times.
Mage1

Postby Zubon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:20 am

Yeah, I noticed that when I played with my new HUcaseal. I'm so used to my old HUnewearl Red that I find it really alien to have to use Monomates to heal, rather than being able to use Resta a bunch of times then eventually using a Mono/Difluid. I only used to use ___mates when I needed to instantly heal and had no time to cast Resta.
Zubon

Postby Mage1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:28 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Zubon</i><p>Yeah, I noticed that when I played with my new HUcaseal. I'm so used to my old HUnewearl Red that I find it really alien to have to use Monomates to heal, rather than being able to use Resta a bunch of times then eventually using a Mono/Difluid. I only used to use ___mates when I needed to instantly heal and had no time to cast Resta.<br></blockquote><p>When you use resta while an enemy attacks, the enemy doesnt damage ou, why? :? <p>I call this the Resta Dodge Glitch.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Mage1 on [TIME]1113708526[/TIME]][/size]
Mage1

Postby Zubon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:32 am

Really? I seem to remember there being what's referred to in fighting games as "start up."<br>That is, maybe you will be invincible while the spell animation is active, but there is a period of time before that where the character is about to begin where they are vulnerable. <p>I really can't remember though, since I haven't cast Resta since the Dreamcast was a current generation console.
Zubon

Postby Mage1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:34 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Zubon</i><p>Really? I seem to remember there being what's referred to in fighting games as "start up."<br>That is, maybe you will be invincible while the spell animation is active, but there is a period of time before that where the character is about to begin where they are vulnerable. <p>I really can't remember though, since I haven't cast Resta since the Dreamcast was a current generation console. <br></blockquote><p>To my current mind of the game, I used other magic and I got hit while using them.
Mage1

Postby Da New Guy » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:51 am

Thanks for all the replies people,( Kudos to the excellent drawing =P ) but one question still remains: What gun/weapon should my Ranger use against him? Is it possible to loot/buy a Shot when you are in the Caves?<p>My guess it is the ability to hit him in many places in one hit is the big thing to defeat him.
Da New Guy

Postby Mage1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:24 pm

I don't use ranger, but I only used a handgun to beat him!<p>Use a rifle if you can or an autogun.<p>Dodging, When lights are out just run!
Mage1

Postby Forge » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:28 pm

Hey, I think you can only find Shots in the Ruins on Normal mode, whatever ID you happen to be, although I'm not entirely sure about the DC versions of PSO.<p>Still, the five hits of a Shot with a lower ATP is not always better against De Rol Le, especially considering the pitiful speed of the Shot and the attack pattern of the boss.<p>The easiest point to hit him is when he is on the raft itself, so I'd just use a Rifle with the best A.Beast % you can find.
Forge

Postby Mage1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:36 pm

I found shots in caves or was it mines...<p>I use my Muuusashi now, it's kind of easier.<p>Use grinders to power your rifle up!<p>Note: each + equals two ATP<p>Example: Panic Rifle+32<p>It's attack is raised by 64.
Mage1

Next

Return to Phantasy Star Online