Phantasy Star Compendium pages 1 to 5
Phantasy Star: Official Production Compendium
- PHANTASY STAR WORLD GUIDE - 3
- Phantasy Star & Reissue - 4
- Phantasy Star II - At the End of the Time Which Can Never Be Returned to - 7
- Successors of Time: Phantasy Star III - 14
- Phantasy Star - At the End of the Millennium - 18
- Others in the Phantasy Star Series - 28
- Phantasy Star Merchandise Catalog - 30
- Phantasy Star TV Commercials - 32
- At the End of the Millennium Development Staff Interview - 35
- Illustration Commentary - 39
- PHANTASY STAR PRODUCTION DATA & ETC. - 41
- Phantasy Star & Reissue - 42
- Phantasy Star II & Text Adventures - 47
- Phantasy Star - At the End of the Millennium - 51
- Algol Solar System Chronological Table - 64
- Phantasy Star Glossary - 66
- Do you know "SPEC"? - 68
PHANTASY STAR WORLD GUIDE
For eight entire years, the "Phantasy Star" series has continued to impress us. We present these thorough color illustrations to all those it has charmed.
ALL OF PS STARTED HERE
- Date Released:
- on sale December 20, 1987
- 6,000 yen
- 4 megs + battery backup (4)
The year AW 342 - Parma, the first planet in the Algol Solar System, had reached the height of its glory, under the rule of La Shiec. The other planets of the Algol Solar System had been opened to colonization, and plans for the development of farm plants and resources had smoothly gone forward. Stargoing space shuttles went back and forth to the Algol Star System's second planet, Motabia, from Parma's spaceport, and some years after the start of that, construction had begun on a spaceport on the third planet, Dezolis, as well.
But, that spring, sinister rumors began to spread among the citizens...that the nobles of the ruling class that had brought La Shiec to power had been taken in by an evil religion, and that La Shiec had turned over the Algol Solar System in exchange for eternal life. Moreover, it looks as if the rumors are becoming reality. Strange creatures run rampant all throughout each planet, and the peaceful lives of the populace are imperiled.
- The package illustration for the commemorative edition of Phantasy Star.
- [little screen]
- The boundless, legendary adventures of Alisa and friends will start here.
CHARACTER [sic] OF PSI
A 15-year-old girl raised in the residential district of Camineet on Parma. She lived together with her older brother, but when her brother is murdered by La Shiec's underlings, she swears vengeance and starts on a journey to overthrow La Shiec.
A strange animal that can speak the human language. He's usually the size of a housecat, but when he eats a Laerma berry, he transforms into a beautiful beast with large wings. [Note: I use "he" in reference to Myau, but the Compendium doesn't give Myau's gender.]
He also set out to overthrow La Shiec, but was beaten in a fight with Medusa and turned to stone. He is rescued by Alisa and vows to join forces with her to fight evil.
An Esper who conceals great magical power. He refuses to go with Alis because he is in the middle of training in the deepest depths of the Maharu Cave, but, through a letter from the governor, he comes to understand the crisis Algol is in and becomes an ally.
A Grand Adventure across 3 Planets
The party of three people and one animal will begin their search for the items, weapons, and armor needed to challenge La Shiec. They will fight heroically against the likes of the Red Dragon and Medusa. They will meet Dr. Luveno and Lutz's teacher, Tajim. Within their various adventures lies the climax of the tale. For, in the end, Alisa will discover that her father was king of the Algol Solar System, and she is thus the rightful heir to the throne.
- [upper reel]
- The beauty of the smooth scrolling animation seen when you advance, retreat, or turn left or right in the richly-colored 3D dungeons was novel and amazing.
- [lower reel]
- The graphics and numerous great scenes incorporated many colors. It was a difficult RPG to complete.