Phantasy Star Compendium pages 56 to 60
AGE: ? HIGH: 183 cm Type: Magician
- [full body shot]
- Thray dressed in the garb of the Fifth One upon his return to Esper Mansion. The cut at right was used in "SPEC".
- [full body shot]
- Dressed-Up Thray
Thray as the Fifth One. The picture was drawn by the artist basically as a reference.
- [Thray head shot]
- An early drawing of Thray. His name was "Latis" then. He didn't really change much from this basic image.
- [Thray in Lutz robes, sitting on a throne, saying, "Aah - I'm bored", "crying mentor" Hasari sobbing]
- Thray isn't suited to devoting himself to public service. He has come to hate being dressed in the staid clothes of a Lutz.
- [Thray in action pose]
- Sketch drawn for use in the 1992 Toy Show version.
- [head shots of Thray in Lutz clothes]
- Thray when dressed as Lutz.
- [ending Thrays]
- A collection of sketches drawn for the ending visuals.
- [Rudy and Thray arguing]
- Image of an argument between Rudy and Thray. It seems to be more to Thray's tastes.
- [storyboard sheet of another Rudy/Thray argument]
- This was taken from a continuity sheet made before the details of the story were settled. It gives a better understanding of Thray's personality.
- [Thray in casual clothes]
- Thray at about the time he hung around with Galf and Lyla.
At the age of 15, having inherited Lutz's will and memory, Thray was made lord of Esper Mansion and underwent strict astetic training. After that, Thray visited Motabia for further training and to broaden his range of experience. At this time, he became acquainted with Lyla's teacher, the Hunter Galf. Thray, Galf, and Lyla spent four years together, but, after Galf's death, Thray returned to Dezolis.
AGE: ? HIGH: 177 cm TYPE: Hunter
- [full body shot of Lyla in casual wear and a stupid hairdo]
- An image drawn of Lyla on her day off.
- [Lyla (dying) and Thray]
- Lyla and Thray. I wonder what the full extent of their relationship was... [Again, we have Scribbled Kanji Syndrome, but the text reads of "Lyla's Death" reads, in essence, that Thray is looking at Lyla, not wanting her to die, but helpless to prevent such.]
- [head shot]
- An early settei of one of the first drawings of Lyla. This image is quite different from the final draft. [Huh? Lyla looks exactly the same!]
At age 14, Lyla lost her parents when they were attacked by highwaymen, but she herself was rescued by a Hunter named Galf. She soon met Thray, and the two became close, but, after Galf's death, Thray disappeared. Thray knew that he had to leave sometime and so disappeared to hasten Lyla's own independence.
- [young Hunter Lyla]
- Below is a settei from around the time she hung around with Thray.
- [young Lyla head shot]
- Lyla before she lost her parents.
AGE: 998 HIGH: 200 cm TYPE: Android
- [early small Forren sketch]
- Forren's weapon was originally designed to connect directly into his arm.
- [Toy Show torso sketch]
- Below is a rough sketch drawn for the 1992 Toy Show version.
- [Forren raising his arms]
- At right is a second rough draft. His shoulder covers (?) [they mean his epaulettes] are still not attached.
- [Forren manga]
- At left is a manga drawn for SPEC #9. It's scary, but I really can't say that it never came to this. [This is a great little comic. The concept - Forren plays Populous. You probably don't need to see the pictures to imagine the consequences (heck, you probably don't even need to read the *text* to imagine the consequences).]
- [panel 1 - Forren holding Megadrive pad] Forren: Now, let's create that mountain...
- [panel 2 - the game screen. Forren pushes the "raise land" option, but, as the text says, "his hand slips", and he creates not a mountain, but a volcano.] Forren: Ah --
- [panel 3 - now we see a real volcano erupting near a small Motabian village, with houses burning and people on fire and screaming...]
- [panel 4 - Forren with a great "Oh, dear. I've really messed up, haven't I?" expression]
- [panel 5 - Forren at controls] Forren: Well, I wonder how Dezolis is doing...
Text Box: What fate will befall Algol?
AGE: 19 HIGH: 161 cm TYPE: Motabian
- [manga Pyke & Pana]
- A piece drawn for publication in the last issue of SPEC. It's a heart-warming illustration.
- [chibi Pyke]
- At right is an excerpt from the story production cards.
A modern Motabian male and female. They look considerably different than they did during the time of I.
AGE: 324 HIGH: 148 cm TYPE: Android
- [Freyna opening up arms]
- Freyna was originally supposed to shoot connectors out of her arms to tap into Nurvus.
- [manga Freyna]
- The illustration at left was planned for publication in the last issue of SPEC.
- [manga Freyna]
- Freyna: This is good-bye, Rudy.
Farewell, everyone. Thank you for everything.
- [li'l Freyna]
- Please excuse me for being so short!
AGE: 85 HIGH: 204 cm TYPE: Dezolian
- [Raja (what else?) drinking]
- At right is a piece drawn for the last issue of SPEC.
- [Pyke & Raja vs. sandworm]
- Above is an image from a continuity sheet drawn before the story was finalized. Raja's character comes off well here. [I wish the text here was clearer and larger here, since I'd really like to know what's going on here.]
- [manga Raja]
- Raja: I'm not kidding, Gyuna...
I really went to Motabia!
A modern Dezolian male and female. They're about 25 years old. They're quite tall compared to the Parmans. They have no body hair. They're of a mellow, conservative temperament.