Anyone interested in PS: Monster Maker?

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:06 pm

I've decided that with the coding I am doing on my SM Rpg, that the same system can almost fit what I plan to do.<p>So as a side project, I will create a multiplayer game called Ps: Monster maker. In it you choose a basic type of monster to take care of. Feed it and raise it's stats and watch it evolve. Skills and or mystic attacks can be your choice. A progression would be like:<p>Locusta - Grasshound - Fanbite<p>Or<p>Shadow-Saber - Frost Saber - Bloodsaber<p>So the premise is explore, build up your lil pet, Fight other pets, become supreme. Or you can kill the pet anc choose another.<p>I think it would be a excellent idea :D
Lord Khyron

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:19 pm

Alright, that would be cool! I have something of an odd request though...er...could you include the infectious PS Adventure battle music? That would be cool...
LaconianShot

Postby Amwhere » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:35 pm

Allow me to put my statement as succinctly as possible: Ooo. :)
Amwhere

Postby Benoit » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:10 am

It already exists...<br>It's called Pokémon.
Benoit

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:24 am

This will be better than Pokemon. In essence it is your pet, No one else. :D You control it and you can only have 1.. To get another one you must destroy yours or kill it..<p>I am pondering ps IV or Ps 2 style monsters...
Lord Khyron

Postby Mizehrith » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:25 am

It could work.
Mizehrith

Postby Goldark » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:26 am

Interesting, VERY interesting. Personally I like PSII monsters more than PSIV ones, but IV has more variety though.
Goldark

Postby Butoden » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:30 pm

Sounds like MAG Farm ;) Very cool idea!
Butoden

Postby Redeemer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:46 pm

ooh I want a pet Dominator weee
Redeemer

Postby rlrunyon » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:30 am

Make your monster very customizable. And have many different battle BGM and stages. You will attract tons of people.
rlrunyon

Postby Amwhere » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:10 pm

Hey Khyron, have you done anything with this yet?<br>(And, rereading the original message, what is this SM RPG you speak of?)
Amwhere

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:39 pm

I think he means Sailor Moon RPG.<br>But that's all I know.
Benoit

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:58 pm

Yep It is a Sailor Moon Rpg. Basically a multiplayer online one. Create your Senshi, Choose element. Choose basic attack, 4 names, 4 types, 4 damages. Then level up and ever so often a more powerful attack to choose from. <p>Level one techs have this formula.<p>ELEMENT NAME + TYPE(Wave, Beam, Disk) + Effect(Engulf, Pierce Smash)<p>So everyone can have a unique attack!<p>Customization and combat is between other players. Some pre-set dungeons and such to train, but leveling is done differently than by EXP. Also there is no way to beat the game because of certain mechanics. You may be the strongest senshi, but physical strength isn't the best. <p>Each character will have one nullify ability. So that means if a high level uses his most devastating attack, you won't die instantly. It'll be negated and you have a chance.<p>But they can do the same back to you, and each use of it must be bought with what is gained. <p>High level attacks will be few uses, and lower ones more. I think the combat system is awesome. <p>It's coming along quite nicely. <p>Ps Monster Maker is to the point of having the monster creation engine done. And basic attack chosen and attributes. Also colorized and picture aspects done. Currently only 3 types of monsters until I expand and get more testers.<p>I am pondering what to do with Monster Maker.. Any ideas?
Lord Khyron

Postby Amwhere » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:02 am

I'll gladly be a guinea pig... err... tester. :)<p>(That's for both, btw, although my experience with Sailor Moon is very limited.)<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Amwhere on [TIME]1082447484[/TIME]][/size]
Amwhere

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:53 pm

For testers...yes I'd be one. I know how to make good bug reports. ;) <br>I think that a Grasshound should evolve into a Grass Assasin, too!
LaconianShot

Next

Return to Fan stuff