RPG maker 2k3 using PS related material

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Cherok » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:07 am

Has anyone who has used RPG maker to any degree come across any phantasy star material. Before whipping up my own, I woul dlike to see if there is any in cyberspace that I could make use of. <p>Due to the lack of an options sound test, ripping sound effects from battle scenes was not at all easy.<p>Thanks Ya'll
Cherok

Postby Monocromatico » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:14 am

There are a lot of people who tried or is trying to make PS fangames with RPG Maker, I´m sure some of them may have a set of sounds, tiles and sprites from the originals.<p>As for sound test... only if you are talking about PS1 and 3, because 2 and 4 do have the sound test option.
Monocromatico

Postby Cherok » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:42 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but the sound tests in 2 and 4 only apply to the music; not the sound effects
Cherok

Postby Benoit » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:54 am

Just do a search on google for Phantasy Star tilesets and such. You'll find plenty, I'm pretty sure.
Benoit

Postby acebloke » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:49 am

http://www.phylomortis.com/ is a pretty good rpgmaker site, but only has one phantasy star related rip of some of the PS4 characters: http://www.phylomortis.com/html/chripps.html but you might be able to make use of some of the backgrounds.<p>Rpg maker 2k3 might be harder, as the PS monsters are all facing towards the player, where 2k3 has them facing right, towards the characters facing left, which will be alot more work for you ( if that made any sense ).<p>http://charas-project.net/index.php?lang=en is a pretty good site for creating new graphics from different parts of others, you might be able to create PS-like characters in the Battlechar generator. The site also includes generators for Charset's and Faceset's.<p>[size=small][Edit by acebloke on [TIME]1081425004[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by acebloke on [TIME]1081425053[/TIME]][/size]
acebloke

Postby Missagh » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:45 pm

Moved to "Fan Stuff" board.
Missagh

Postby Benoit » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:29 pm

Damn, I didn't notice it. I couldn't say "WOOSH!". !@#$
Benoit

Postby Butoden » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:14 pm

It is more difficult with the battle system, but you could probably easily create a PS Fangame with RM2K3, I recently moved BACK to RM2K because I found RM2K3 too difficult to make a CBS...
Butoden

Postby Cherok » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:07 am

I wish that Phantasy star tile and character sets were more common, although they are fairly few and far between. I have found a few face sets, a single character set, some backgrounds and one tileset. I have all sorts of RAW material pertaining to the series, although my tile making abilities are lacking.<p>Has anyone on the forum built tile/character sets using templates before? I would prefer to use photoshop rather than Idraw, although anything works; Are there tutorials out there by the way?<p>Also, as a side note, The up and coming RPG maker XP moves back to the traditional front battle style. Google it to check out details concerning the software and its release<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Cherok on [TIME]1081750188[/TIME]][/size]
Cherok

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:02 pm

Traditional front style? That sucks, except if you will be able to see your characters, like PSIV.<p>There is a good tile making program that you can download at Cyborg Central. Give it a shot.
Benoit

Postby Butoden » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:02 pm

You can see your character, fagely in the menu, I think it moves as well. So yes, kinda like PS IV! ;) <p>Image <p>Ok just found these images that show the battle screen in RPG MAKER XP, after much trouble (not at all actually) I found these muwhaa <br> Image :p :p :p <p>[size=small][Edit by Butoden on [TIME]1081800268[/TIME]][/size]
Butoden

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:58 pm

Doesn't seem like they move... Meh.
Benoit

Postby Goldark » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:08 pm

I didn't know there existed an RPG Maker XP, finding a translated version of RM2K3 was difficult enough, and I didn't see anything about this XP version, so I assume it's pretty new... I predict that it'll take at least a whole years to translate it.<p>BTW, PS tileset are scarce, and the games has just a bunch of frames of animation for every character. It would be a good idea to rip the animations used in battles and put them as attacks patterns, you still cant see characters standing ready to attack, but at least that would be somthing. The only problem is that I can't remember a Genesis emu that has the possibility to remove layers like many others.
Goldark

Postby Benoit » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:11 pm

I still use Genecyst, and you could do it with that.
Benoit

Postby Goldark » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:57 am

I never used Genecyst, mostly because i never menaged to have sound under DOS in win 98, due, probably, to my sound card. Good to know though, now I know how to rip things under genesis :)
Goldark

Next

Return to Fan stuff