Phantasy Star V - Fan Game

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Firedrake110 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:18 am

That's a real shame. I dunno who "Lord Khyron" thinks he is, but as far as I could see, we were rather supportive here (nothing against you, lord. you just seemed a little more aggressive than might be needed). I understand how someone new to the phantasy star world would find such a game odd, but really they have to do some learning about previous games in the series before they judge. Also, anyone who complained or said your work was sub-par, or even mediocre has not played a phantasy star game before, since they are done in such a fantastic manner, so close in appearance to the series' own characters that I see no reason at all to complain. I hope you decide to come back to this project one day, but it's your free time to spend as you wish. Remember though, trolls FEED on people like you, who seek the input of the community. I'm willing to bet that at least a few of the people that criticized your work have yet to pick ANY phantasy star game at all, and are just flaming you. You were/are doing great. Keep your chin up.
160 characters is not enough room to put anything of value into my sig. The best quotes are a little longer than that.
Firedrake110
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:49 am

That my folks is the reason PS fan games get cancelled.

When a person asks for input, they get told their ideas are "Impossible" and "I can't see how.. <Insert rant here>

The other reason is that overzealous fans want a game with THEIR ideas inside it. If their ideas don't get inputed, they'll insult it. Talk down about it.

The PS community is rather sad and pathetic with this reasoning. They won't let a fan game be completed unless it fits THEIR criteria. Thus the hate mail and bad comments..

The ones who do release a game realized one thing: It doesn't matter what the idiotic fans think. Your game is your game, Your ideas are your ideas. The ones who insult your game will be the first to play it.

If Game makers realized this, they wouldn't be asking such a messed up community for help. A community of negativity and unbreakability. A community so obsessive that they can't approve of a game that doesn't fit their ideals.

The FF community, CT community and other communities don't pull this kind of crap. I'm really ashamed!

Thank god my game will be complete and I don't give a damn what the community thinks or wants in it.

GOOD PS fan games are doomed from the start because of the community. The BAD ONES flourish instead.

Sad sad...

I can be glad that I never said something couldn't be or I never saw it happening. I helped and gave IDEAS to help it. I gave a way for HTD's ideas to fit in without considering them impossible. I was one of the few decent ones "helping improve" his ideas. Not one of the ones who said "I don't see how this could happen."

P.S. Pee can be pissy, so can I ^^
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby HTD » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:56 am

After giving it some thought, I have decided to continue with the project.
I have already done alot of work and it seems a real shame to just let it go to waste when I still have a great story to tell.

I am after someone that can help me create a website and host it.
I will create a donations area where the community can choose to donate money to further the project.
If your able to help PM me.

Thanks for the reasurance everyone.
Its helped me feel more secure about this project again.

Updates to come by the end of this week.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:39 pm

Mmm.. Excellent work! You've done a superb job..

Looks like the advice help. First and foremost when making a game, Don't give a damn what a community thinks. They will play the game regardles of whether they approve or not.

Do it for yourself, ONLY for yourself. Complete it because you want to. Use your ideas.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Danny » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:03 pm

I agree with Khyron-dono, you should just make the story line how you want it. Even if some people do not like it, they will still play your fan game. I think you're doing a great job on it though HTD and I'm glad that you decided to continue it. I especially like how you made Lutz. :D

Non of the PS games would have came out if they were mostly based on fan demand. There will always be people who will want the opposite of what someone else wants so that won't go anywhere. Of course, constructive opinions and critisism is okay, but not things that push you around. Just use your ideas, I think they're great! I look forward to seeing how your game will turn out. Great work once again HTD! :)
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:11 am

All this talk on opinion makes me think that people should start writing out their own ideas for games that they'd like to see done. Then, anyone who cares to program and has nothing for story can just look at the said written matieral done by the fans and contemplate on whether or not they'll bother with it.

That said... When people post their stories and ideas for others to see, and for feedback, of course, there's bound to be people who will be happy with it, and others who won't. And, with this in mind, there's good criticism and there's bad criticism. I think a mistake that people make sometimes is taking any form of criticism as negative, even if it was intended to help.

I'm almost positive that when it comes to a PSV idea, different things come to mind for everyone. I'd never attempt a project like this, myself, so I have to commend anyone who's going to be putting this much thought into a sequel.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby HTD » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:31 pm

I am after ideas for a character to even out my roster (The Top Line).
I am after something brand new and fresh to PS universe, No comebacks (as I got enough already imo).
So below is the roster list so far... any suggestions on how I can even it out would be great.

HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby HTD » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:00 am

The first party options take place during the beginning of the game.
The story is based right at the start of the Goverments investigations of Aliza III that is burried in a fragment of the moon.
This is a kind of prologue although each character will still have an effect on the later story.

The second party is your main PSV party game play is similar to PS4 with this.
You will have an option to ask and answer with multiple choice questions.
The Characters indicated with the red dots to them are either secret characters or optional characters.
In order to access them you have to complete certain conditions.

Changes:

Changed IRIS into a more sexy looking pixel
Changed Jona to the COA design I was going to use for him.
Created Scientist, Police, Police Captain.

The story revoles around helping Mieu to her download destination in order to stop machines being used to bring evil to the land.
It is alot lot deeper than that but I have decided to not add so much spoilers.

Other changes involve Lilys role being more of a sidekick to Jona than an Angel of such, she now lives with Jona after the events of his last mission, in the vagrant slums of motovia.

The PSV world is more similar to Fist of the North Star or Ergo Proxy.
It is still set in Algo and is still connected strongly to PS2 and IV.

More updates this week.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:40 pm

Why don't you pull a nifty lunar plot twist?

Ex: Silver Star had Ghaleon as the villian. Come Eternal Blue, Ghaleon was ressurected by Zophar to destroy the new heros. But Ghaleon would aid the heroes and get them into more trouble until finally he gave Hiro his sword so Zophar could die.

Or you could pull a Dyne approach..

Pull something like that.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Crimithan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:27 pm

This looks incredibly fun! I cant wait for it to be finished :D
Crimithan
Pinchant
Pinchant

Awesome!

Postby mikelp27 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:21 am

It looks good. I might suggest a few plot details? (JUST suggestions, please don't be offended)
Dark Force is HUGELY important to Phantasy Star! But that doesn't mean that he has to appear. For instance, what if your game takes place in between the thousand year marker (remember, DF only appears once every thousand years). That way, the heroes could be sensing, or finding clues as to the whereabouts or workings of DF, but never get to meet him. I'm just personally against taking him out altogether. It just wouldn't be Phantasy Star anymore without him.
Also, if you're looking for a PSIII tie-in, it doesn't have to be the Alisa III that re-enters the Algol Star System. Remember, 400 of those ships were built. In PSIII, the old sages say that only two remained, the Alisa III and the Neo Palm. But seriously! How would they know?! Maybe one of the crafts managed to make it back! You could call it the Elsydeon, or the Nei VI, or something.
Oh, and if you happen to need anyone to write music for it, I'd love to help out.
mikelp27
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Oh and...

Postby mikelp27 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:29 am

After looking a bit further through the thread, I realize that I'm in the wrong here. I fully agree with Tsu and Lord Khyron.

Just make the game. Make it how you want it. Fans are IMPOSSIBLE to please, that's just the way the world works. I personally will definitely play it.

And I'd still love to help in any way I can.
mikelp27
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Z » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Wow, I just noticed this, looks REALLY nice :D I'm really looking forward to playing this^^ And I really agree: If you ask the community, you'll often get bad comments and so, but when someone is really annoying you, then just continue to be polite to them, at last they'll just stop... normally, at least.
And when making a game: Just don't care about others opinions, if you don't like them, it's YOUR game, so do it YOUR way :)

PS.: Just a little opinion, ignore it if you don't like it: If the Great Light still exists here (I guess it does, since in Phantasy Star Universe, which plays in the same solar system under another name, although this isn't official, but seems VERY obvious, there is a "Holy Light" and a "Dulk Fakis"), then I guess there has to be a Profound Darkness. Also, there could very well be a artificial Parma "remake", because in Phantasy Star Universe, there is the "Almost all artificial" Parum. Although the meaning of this isn't sure.

Take a look here: http://www.camineet.net/camineet/theories/

But it's only my opinion, so if you like, then you can use it, if not, then not^^
½ Austrian, ½ Dane ^_^
Z
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:32 pm

What the hell? The Profound Darkness is gone/destroyed/sealed/whatever. That was the entire point of Phantasy Star IV.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Z » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Well, nothing's sure, Sonic Team has stated no official connection, at least not yet. But now there'll even be a Ryocross in PSU.
Well, but if the light exists, then the darkness is also there.
½ Austrian, ½ Dane ^_^
Z
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff