Phantasy Star: Genesis

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Daren » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:33 am

Here's my last update

I've finished my Newman animation.

Well the actual animation is done, now I only have to make the claw attack animation which I've been stuck on for the last 2 hours...

Here's the first shot of Kira's animation (For Kira I was using the Anna from PS2) I need to change the stick she's holding for a whip.

So here it is, have a good weekend.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:06 am

Who here thinks it's stupid that monsters give off money once you kill them?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:48 am

Me. Monsters should leave meat, pelt, scales, teeth, claws or something akin to their origins behind when killed... But nearly no game does that. They, however, can leave treasure chests and cash they'd never use (unless they were like crows) and you obtain by accessing their hammerspace.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:44 pm

I don't think it's stupid, but I enjoy every attempt that an RPG makes to find different sources of income. Like taking pictures of monsters in Baten Kaitos and selling monster drops in Etrian Odyssey.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Daren » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:09 pm

That's why I was asking.

I keep thinking that apart from humanoid monsters and such, that animal type monsters should leave behind some stuff some of the time like wing-o said. I'm going to invent a system that will make it much harder to gather money for the players.
Monsters will drop things like scales, horns, claws, etc and each monsters will have specifics things only they drop. I'm going to have a special shop where the players can sell these items and that when a specific combination of items are sold, the shop keeper will make something out of them a sell them. These items could be anything from weapons to armor to healing or attack items but they will all be special things that you cannot buy anywhere else.
I'm thinking of having a list of monsters to kill to get there items, that list would have all the combination you can have so that the player could hunt them down as side quests if they want the special items.
In short, most of the money a player will get in the game is going to be harder to gather and it will keep it actually important all along the game.

As for an update to the game, well I have no graphics to show you guys, but I've been hard at work to completely re-write the script with a friend of mine. I've changed parts of the story, deleted others and expand on some of them cause you see, someone once told me (and I thought he was right to an extent) that the script had to much scenes of character development and probably not enough actual game play, well that has been fixed now and as soon as the script is done re-writing, I'll send it over for another review.

Have a good weekend everyone
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:55 am

Hey guys

After spending 4 days working on re-writing the script I had to take a little breather and do something else, so I decided to make myself a new monster sprite.
Here's the Gif.

Now I'm having a lack of inspiration and I'm curious to know if you'd help me find it a suitable name? I called it Tripod but I don't like that name and it doesn't sound Phantasy Stary enough.

Anyone?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:45 am

Tripodos?

Whistle X22A1?

I mean... The Whistles and Neo Whistles look nothing like each other... But they are Whistles.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Daren » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:44 pm

WING-0 wrote:Tripodos?

Whistle X22A1?

I mean... The Whistles and Neo Whistles look nothing like each other... But they are Whistles.

Yeah The Neo Whistles and the Whistles don't look to much alike but they do have similar elements like for example the rotating top part. I'm not sure it would fit with the new Robot. Tripodos is pretty nice though.

I think I'd need to give out a little challenge so everybody listen ;)

For every new monster I make I'll leave the option of you folks to name it. I think it's only logical for real Phantasy Star fans to get to have a say in naming new Phantasy Star monsters and Robots and at the same time letting you participate at the making of the game.

So so far we have Tripodos and Whistle X22A1 anyone else?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:12 pm

How about Laserpod?
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Oh! This I like.

Even if I suck ass at naming stuff, passing an opportunity like this would be bad. I'm in!
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Daren » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Yeah I like it too and we can do all kinds of variation on the name, Like SlasherPod, PodWhip. I want to make 2 other Pod-like monsters, one that attacks from the front and the other swigning it's body from side to side attacking all part members.
Any ideas on other monsters I could make?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Just a quick note today

It's so hard to find an artist... 3 of them in the last two months came and went without one staying on board with the project, with the last one just today.
So I'm asking this, those any one know a good artist that want to participate in a phantasy star project that as the potention of lasting 3 years and one that won't mind getting paid good money for they're help?

Anyone know anybody?

Thanks
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Today I'm starting on a new monster animation, I will attempt to make something out of this.

I'll post the results after I'm done.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Alright guys, I decided to scrap plans for a Bat monster... Just didn't feel like it. Instead I started to look at monsters from Phantasy Star one to see which could need a redo or one that was only in the original game and fell on the Tarantula, so that's what I'm doing.

Here's the first frame

Now with any new monster I make I want you to have a chance to name it, so what names come to mind?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Tarantula... (Imagination at its best)

Or Tarantoul

And that first sprite looks gross... In a good way! I hate eight arachnids...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff