Phantasy Star: Genesis

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:27 pm

That looks good. I can't help but feel that the line on the enemy is large compared to the character, though.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Daren » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Another update (Yes I've been a busy man! ;) )

Lana's Graphite Bars

Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:31 pm

BenoitRen wrote:That looks good. I can't help but feel that the line on the enemy is large compared to the character, though.

You're right Benoit, but I've made it specially like this because these are the more powerful swords that will come much later in the game and at the same time, changing the animations gives a much needed change. There is also the fact that only the main hero gets a bigger animation. It's all good in my mind hehe ;)
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:29 am

Alright last update for the day! My eyes are killing me for staying on the computer all day!

This character is called Vorg Grinis and is a Motavian, so here goes!

Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 pm

A-W-E-S-O-M-E graphics!
Great pixelart. :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Daren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Zucca wrote:A-W-E-S-O-M-E graphics!
Great pixelart. :)

:) Many thanks Zucca

Ok little Monday morning update!

Shawn's Laser and Titanium Swords

Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:53 pm

It's been three weeks or more I know...

I don't really have an update to talk about but I'm still working on the game I promise you that!
I have uploaded a little video over at:
http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad19 ... attles.flv
I've been trying to figure out how that damn program worked but to no avail so I'm left with this horrid video with tons of glitch (sound is off and theres this darn flashing of the screen) but at least it will give you a little idea of the game play and how the game actually looks. It's a 45 sec video of one battle and if you're interested I could post more ;)
I only which the program worked better then this but it could be due to the fact that my computer is rather slow.
Does anyone here know of a freeware program that takes videos of the screen?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:00 pm

In regards to video recording/editing, try VirtualDub. It's freeware and wicked powerful for what you get. The only downside, of course, is that it's almost hilariously overwhelming when you first get into it.

That said, here's a tutorial or two:

Capturing Video in VirtualDub by Maxwell Adams

A Video tutorial of Virtual Dub by Static Fiend

I remember my days with CamStudio. It...was okay, but even with just regular PS4 it would choke on framerate and audio timing, which is kinda weak when you look at it.

Oh, probably wouldn't hurt to nab the Combined Community Codec Pack which has nearly every codec you could ever need.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edless » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Nice,
Those screens and videos look great. Good work.

I'm just wondering how do ennemies attack.
Do they move?
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Daren » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 am

Edless wrote:I'm just wondering how do enemies attack.
Do they move?

No, sadly RPG Maker 2000 doesn't allow for enemy movements when attacking :/

OK, as some of you may have noticed, I've uploaded some videos over at photo bucket so you get to see the progress I've made. I've just finished ripping most of the Palman NPC's from Phantasy Star 4 Thanks to the help of someone named Ryochan which I give credit at the end of the game. Now all I need to do is to finish the NPC's for Bortevo and The Scoundrel towns. After that I'll be making a final test play to catch some bugs along the way and to know if everything is in working order. Then I'll ask Benoitren and Blackwaltz 0 to test the game and hope they give me all there opinions on every facet of the game. Remember even though I've been working hard on this game doesn't mean it can't be improved upon so I'll need your most honest opinions guys ;)
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby CelestOrion » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 am

Try using RPG Maker XP with custom scripts. You won't be limited to 256 colors, and I know you'd be able to implement more into your game.
PSZ: CELEST - HUnewn - LVL53
Join my dead Sonic site, it beckons youuuu~
CelestOrion
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:50 am

IMHO, using any "RPG Maker" -named software will limit your game. ;)
Although you get things done pretty fast and enough good with one. :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Daren » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:26 am

CelestOrion wrote:Try using RPG Maker XP with custom scripts. You won't be limited to 256 colors, and I know you'd be able to implement more into your game.

I sure could but that would mean restarting everything from scrap because you can't import a RM2k or 2K3 game in XP and that's something I'm just not willing to do after passing so much time on this one. Anyway, I'm going for the Genesis look for my ps game, nothing more or less, it just brings this nostalgic feel to it :)

If I could animate to monsters then I sure would, but alas I can't.
Zucca wrote:IMHO, using any "RPG Maker" -named software will limit your game. ;)
Although you get things done pretty fast and enough good with one. :)

You're right although I find myself passing more time in Photoshop then in RPG Maker itself.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:57 am

Just a quick update
I've finished another dungeon for the demo as a side quest and here's a picture.

I'm now working on Medusa's tower chipset, hey you never know if you're going to visit old PS1 places for the kick of it ;) Might as well make a dungeon out of it hehe. Here's a picture of that chipset.

Alright have a good one guys
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:24 am

Alright this week update!

I've just past the last 10 hours building a new chipset and then making it work in the game. Do you remember the prison in PS1 where you get Dr.Luveno? well it's chipset is done! here's a few previews

Alright that makes my 100 map done and makes it interesting to see old places ;) It adds to the game play and I'm sure any fan would want to visit as much places as they could. This chipset is also used in a third side quest along side the demo's story line. Enjoy.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff