Phantasy Star: Genesis

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Phantasy Star: Genesis

Postby Daren » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:22 am

You make sense of course but my problem isn't really with 2D graphics, it's with the programing part, I can make all the graphics in the world but I still need RPG Maker to make something out of them.

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:32 am

Perhaps the question isn't why you don't wanna work with RPG maker, but what form you want your future game to take. A rougelike would be quite simple to do, as would an interactive fiction work. 3D would take a huge amount of time to do well, though.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Well, my ultimate goal would be to be able to sell it someday, I mean there are tones of games being released on various platforms and cellphones which would make it easier to release. You don't have to be a big company to sell games anymore.
Now of course if you take the name of a preexisting series then it's a whole new ball game, copyrights are involved and other stuff as well.
I don't mind if it's either 3D or 2D as long I can released it. Now, you pointed out it would be easy to make a rogue like system, well to me it's quite difficult because I have absolutely no talent in the coding area . As for story, I already have a huge story in the works that has nothing to do with any Phantasy Star game which is quite interesting, it needs development yes but it's getting there.

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Daren if you plan to release the graphics for other game makers, then please send them across to me buddy. I have been planning on opening a section dedicated to these type of files and you know that I am a big fan of your work.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Daren » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Missagh wrote:Daren if you plan to release the graphics for other game makers, then please send them across to me buddy. I have been planning on opening a section dedicated to these type of files and you know that I am a big fan of your work.

Sent you a Private Message Missagh

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:27 pm

No update here actually this is probably one of the last posts I'll ever do in this tread. I just want to say thanks for everyone's encouragement at the development of my game, it meant a lot and I'm grateful for it.
I also wanted to say that when Missagh makes the resources section for the site, almost all the things I made for the game will be released for anyone to download. I hope the various chipsets I built for the Palman landscape will help anyone who wants to tackle a prequel to PS 2 or PS 1. Also most of the animations having to do with the PS series will also be released.

Alright have a good one!

Daren

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 pm

*praise*
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Chronos Who » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:20 am

Hello,
I've been making a game on RPG Maker, called Phantasy Star Genesis. It would be nice if we could compare. Do you have a link where I could download yours from?
Thanks!
Chronos Who
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Daren » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:10 pm

The game was never released but if you want to see screenshots just scroll back in the tread. Funny coincident you having a game with the same name but in the end, I'm not producing it anymore so have fun with the name.

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:44 pm

@Chronos Who How much of the game has been developed so far?
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Previous

Return to Fan stuff