PSIV: Beneath a New Light. (I'M BACK...with a bang!)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Xander » Sun May 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Yes, let's do. There's no need for all the petty bickering and whining.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby lyla2284 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Honestly, I don't know what the hell is wrong with some of the people here... Whatever have I done wrong, or to those individuals in particular? Do you honestly think I'm that much of an idiot who always seeks praise? I've met people far worse than the guys here, so I can handle their bullshit. If people say my work is good, I'll politely thank them, and not seek extravagant praise. It's just common courtesy. I'm normally a very polite person, but some of the characters here really tick me off at times. :evil:

But let's get back on topic.
The upgrading techs works... finally. Here are some screenshots.

The Foi tech will be replaced with its Master Tech equivalent, Burst Touch.

Others I have planned are:

Wat - IceHeart
Tsu - Blitzkrieg ( The tech also gets a Thunder element added to it, making it effective against mechas as well. )
Zan - Twister

Only first level techs will upgrade.
Equipping the right armour is now vitally important to surviving most battles now. Damage will be cut down by 50%.

That's it for now.
And as for the people who don't give a shot about this, stop posting in this thread and go try and screw up someone else's life. Go to hell!
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Sun May 16, 2010 10:11 pm

And as for the people who don't give a shot about this, stop posting in this thread and go try and screw up someone else's life. Go to hell!

Will I unlock an achievement if I do?

I find it funny how sensitive you are being, especially when you're stealing original game sprites and passing it off as your work. Remake, my ass.
Last edited by IndispensablePeaGuy on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:14 pm

lyla2284 wrote:Honestly, I don't know what the hell is wrong with some of the people here... Whatever have I done wrong, or to those individuals in particular? Do you honestly think I'm that much of an idiot who always seeks praise? I've met people far worse than the guys here, so I can handle their bullshit. If people say my work is good, I'll politely thank them, and not seek extravagant praise. It's just common courtesy. I'm normally a very polite person, but some of the characters here really tick me off at times. :evil:

If I may deviate from the recently rerouted topic and deviated back by yourself, what I think you do wrong in here is only one thing: Keeping arguing with people who disagree with you. Don't like them? Ignore them. Like them? Exchange jokes and talk to them. Easy as pie. Easy not to do it as well.

lyla2284 wrote:But let's get back on topic.

Yes, let's.

lyla2284 wrote:The upgrading techs works... finally. Here are some screenshots.

They look good to me. I like.

lyla2284 wrote:The Foi tech will be replaced with its Master Tech equivalent, Burst Touch.

Others I have planned are:

Wat - IceHeart
Tsu - Blitzkrieg ( The tech also gets a Thunder element added to it, making it effective against mechas as well. )
Zan - Twister

Only first level techs will upgrade.
Equipping the right armour is now vitally important to surviving most battles now. Damage will be cut down by 50%.

That's it for now.

The thing about the equipment sounds interesting. I would like to take a look at how it works.

What I don't really dig are the names of the techniques. The original names are what most people are used to, and such English (or German) names kind of break the mold... Like if I was working in a canvas painted with watercolors and suddenly started using crayons. That is, however, MY CRITICISM. The game is yours.

lyla2284 wrote:And as for the people who don't give a shot about this, stop posting in this thread and go try and screw up someone else's life. Go to hell!

I honestly think you need to calm down. Some people don't like your stuff, some others do.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby BenoitRen » Sun May 16, 2010 10:18 pm

PeaGuy, please refrain from making... provocative posts in this thread, please. You said what you wanted to say, so keep it at that.

As others have said, let's please get back to lyla2284's fan game.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Xander » Sun May 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Ah I wondered how the technique upgrades were going to work. Keeping it at the first level techniques stops it becoming overpowered too. An upgraded Na level spell would probably be a tad too powerful. :P

By the way, how does it play for difficulty? My only niggle with PS IV was that it was often a little too easy to walk over anything you came across with the right kit. Though I'm guessing that placing emphasis on getting the right armour means it's going to be a little tougher?

In any case, please keep up the good work. I'm, as I said earlier, really looking forward to this especially seeing how PS IV is my favourite game of the series. :D
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Jeric Hikari » Sun May 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Going to have to agree that the proposed master tech names feel somewhat out of place. Then again I'm not sure what you could name them really so they would be in keeping.

Oy and if the first techs in the series (res, wat, thu (which I'd always thought was electrical/thunder anyway but go figure been awhile), foi, etc) are upgradeable but not the others where does their new power stand in respect to the techs gained down the line? Oh and since Megid is a one-of-a-kind tech does it get a master tech as well? *grin*

i can understand the frustration at all the criticism and bickering. Keep plowing along. You've got fans 'round here.
Jeric Hikari
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Wing-0 » Sun May 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Jeric Hikari wrote:Going to have to agree that the proposed master tech names feel somewhat out of place. Then again I'm not sure what you could name them really so they would be in keeping.

Well, The prefixes used in the games, Gi and Na (Ra in PSO and PSU) are a system of saying "this is bigger than that one". But eh. Lyla's game. Not gonna open my yap more than that.
Last edited by Wing-0 on Sun May 16, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Semix » Sun May 16, 2010 11:37 pm

This looks smexy.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Xander » Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 am

Considering it's a completely new technique, fitting it with a name similar to the others would be belying its difference from the others. And more importantly, why not? I mean, this is bringing the game into the 21st century, might as well make a couple of changes and add some stuff in while you're at it. ;)
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby mikepjr » Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Not bad.. but last demo i played, i noticed the music was just.. i dunno.. some of the music you used with the last demo was not even from a phantasy star game.... thats the main problem i had with it.
Im sorry to nitpick... forgive me..
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Daren » Mon May 31, 2010 1:28 am

mikepjr wrote:Not bad.. but last demo i played, i noticed the music was just.. i dunno.. some of the music you used with the last demo was not even from a phantasy star game.... thats the main problem i had with it.

That's the point no? Did you have PS 2 music in PS4? Sure, one or two remixed from the first game but that's all. I understand your argument though, perhaps it wasn't from another PS game but if you're going to make a new game why not have a new soundtrack instead of using what's already been used... Don't know but to me it makes sense.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Mon May 31, 2010 9:28 am

WING-0 wrote:Like if I was working in a canvas painted with watercolors and suddenly started using crayons.

You can actually achieve some pretty cool effects by mixing exactly those two techniques... ;)
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm talking from my experience in painting (surprise, I happen to have training). I didn't like the combination... but as things go, my likes are my own. Still, the idea is that disparity doesn't always net the best results. This could be the case, or a different one altogether.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Mon May 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Daren wrote:
mikepjr wrote:Not bad.. but last demo i played, i noticed the music was just.. i dunno.. some of the music you used with the last demo was not even from a phantasy star game.... thats the main problem i had with it.

That's the point no? Did you have PS 2 music in PS4? Sure, one or two remixed from the first game but that's all. I understand your argument though, perhaps it wasn't from another PS game but if you're going to make a new game why not have a new soundtrack instead of using what's already been used... Don't know but to me it makes sense.

I'm sorry to quote, but fan games are naff... forgive me...

LOL
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff