How many people are remaking PS3?

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

How many people are remaking PS3?

Postby Alicia » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:21 am

Hey guys,
I did a little looking around and it looks like there's 2 others and me doing a remake of PS3 or am I wrong?
I just want to find out how many, I did start early 2009 but had to stop because of personal/health issues but, im all over that and fired up to pick up from where I left.
I have no clear end date in mind, could take me 6months, 1year, even 2, I dont know yet and even if a remake is released before I finish mine, no problem i'll still keep going. :D
Alicia
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Zucca » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:37 pm

I think there's none active atm.
Hacking original PSIII would be best choice if yo want to "fill" the game. Although only few programs exists to edit PSIII rom and real hex-edit-hacking is quite hard (unless you know much of it, ofcourse).

I still welcome all the PSIII remakes. :)
I just would prefer all the original musics except for the battle musics. ;)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:42 pm

The more different people working on a PS3 remake the better, I'd say. That way if some people give up or lose interest there's still a chance us PS fans will be able to play a fun, finished game.

If it motivates you, consider it a race with the other game developers. 8)
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby Edge » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:15 pm

There is ONE other person who is working on a remake for Phantasy Star 3... I was simply throwing out ideas... However, I had found a page with a guy who had a REALLY good rant on PS3, and saved it... He had said...

1. Finish the cave system and eliminate the Laya Pendant:
1a. Ryan comes with a gemstone to open the Divisia/Aridia cave instead of the Twins Ruby.
1b. Mystoke holds the "Snow" gemstone that is coded in the original but not found, it unlocks the Frigidia/Divisia cave to access Aerone.
1c. Kara comes with a gemstone that opens up the Dragonia/Aquatica cave, providing access to Sage Isle (by taking away the Airstrip and Dock by Agoe this becomes the ONLY route)
1d. Sage Isle contains chests with three gemstones, one each to unlock the Dragonia/Terminus, Aridia/Terminus, and Frigidia/Terminus caves.

2. Fix the shops:
2a. Put items that make sense in all the shops of Cille and the item shop in Shushoran.
2b. Sell Star Mist and Moon Dew in New Mota

3. Make the land bridge to Cille work throughout generations 2 and 3, if for no better reason than to see the ruins.

4. Aron's Laya keeps her XP from her time with Nial

5. Fix the Ceramic Shot. Row attack is too overpowered.

6. Make techs useful buy increasing their effectiveness (be sure to make Ner, Shu and Fanbi non-stackable).

7. Make gemstones have stat bonuses so equipping them has a purpose and adds an element of strategy (think accessories in modern RPGs)

8. Increase the difficulty to accommodate for points 2, 6 and 7.

9. Make the Force Shield, Emel, and Claw only cast techniques in battle, not out. They're just too broken now.

10. Eliminate all escapepipe glitches.

11. Give Gwyn technique growth.

12. Allow access to Satera in Rhys' generation. Use this opportunity to put in the backstory of Lena being Rhys' original fiancee. Lock the cave to Divisia until after Satera is destroyed.

13. Give Laya a more logical name.

14. Make Laya's Bow and Lune's Slicer actually worthy of being called legendary weapons. Make finding them a quest instead of handing them out with Laya and Kara. Maybe hide them in caves to Terminus?

15. Actually give players a clue as to where to find Siren's Shot!!! I'd move it into a Terminus cave too, forcing players to use all three.

16. Eliminate the Pron glitch.

17. Eliminate the glitch that removes monsters from some parts of dungeons (Lensol after rescuing Thea, etc.)

18. Allow targeting of back-row enemies. If there are still front-row enemies when that person acts, they get hit instead.

19. Deepen the story:
19a. See point 12.
19b. Explain how the weather got screwed up
19c. Explain why Ryan is fighting Lune (look up the "Lune marries Thea if Ayn doesn't rescue her" theory)
19d. Explain why you can't just leave Orakio's sword alone and keep Dark Force trapped.

Hacking original PSIII would be best choice if yo want to "fill" the game. Although only few programs exists to edit PSIII rom and real hex-edit-hacking is quite hard (unless you know much of it, ofcourse).

I only know of Aridia, and it's VERY limited... What else is out there?
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Sange Mahlay » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm still working on mine. I haven't really updated anyone on it recently, though. Its coming along, I just need Wing-O's artwork, and do some more fine-tuning. I'll be honest, some of the other projects have intimidated me a little. That probably has something to do with it.

I'm using RPGmaker VX, but If you make one, I'd suggest using XP. There's just more available for customization.
"I'm broad-minded enough to concede that they might possibly not be complete idiots, but I much prefer the company of people who agree with me."
Sange Mahlay
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:43 am

Edge wrote:

I only know of Aridia, and it's VERY limited... What else is out there?
Aridia and... hm. hex-editor. :D Anyway I guess none other PSIII only.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Edge » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 pm

The problem with hacking the rom, is, you can't add dungeons to the game... Also, the gems you equip cannot add stats, it's impossible... There's actually a lot the rom fully prevents you from doing. I hope someone makes an awesome remake, too many ppl overlook this game, mostly because of it's graphics, and then if someone does FULLY explore the game, they come to realize almost everything you do in each generation, you do in the other generations as well.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Adding dungeons by hacking is possible if the rom is changed to MegaCD media.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Edge » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:01 pm

You know how to do that? Also, can the towns have "added" events to them, and the generations EACH BE different by hacking the rom? I mean, I'm good with rpgmakers, and rom hacking, I truly am talented in those areas, however... I do not possess that sort of skill, and I don't know many people who do...
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 pm

I don't know how, but Sonic 1 Megamix is one example. It actually includes all the levels that are in original Sonic 1 too. And the ROM/ISO image size is bigger than the original.
But in this case it could be just that it was actually hacked from SonicCD at first... I don't know much. I have just played the game nothing more. :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Rockstar » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:37 pm

I have also been working on a PS3 remake for a while, which I think does a good balance of fixing the game's weaknesses while keeping its unique features. The whole thing is written in Java, because I don't like the restrictions that come with RPGMaker and similar programs, so this gives me a lot of flexibility, while also making it compatible with both Windows and Mac OS (Linux too but I have not tested that at all).

My biggest obstacle is graphics: I'm not good enough to draw stuff and so I mostly use enhanced ripped sprites from the original, and even that is quite tedious and barely satisfying.

I think our chances of completing something would be better if we could join forces instead of having a bunch of individual projects. The engine I have built for this is really great and flexible, and if someone were to help me with graphics (whether it's sprites, tiles, battle animations or any combination of those), I'd certainly be open to their ideas in terms of story and gameplay as well to make sure the game is "ours".

Anyone who would be interested in helping can contact me by PM; I'll have to create a runnable build (which I haven't done in a while) and you can try out what is there so far.

If not, I'll keep hacking through the graphics thing slowly :P
Rockstar
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Edge » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:08 pm

We want a video before dedicating (or sharing) graphic ripping to your project... I personally am not making a remake, but have been trying my best to get the full Japanese story to "MAYBE" make a prequel of the game... Ripping however, has just about been completely done... The tiles anyway are easy, just use the full maps found on the Ultimate Guide and put em in... I dunno, DEMO! Or video! Get help if you can get that out.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Alicia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:50 am

Im still plotting out the story, not easy to say the least and hard to get the full japanese translated version, I got a friend of mine to try translate it for me but he's having a difficult job doing it.
Im still practicing my artwork its nowhere near as good as I want it, although I have a custom battle system that lets me have 5 chars in combat. It's a very hard job, yes the 3rd generation is all the same story but im trying to make each story different so that you need to play all 4 to make a complete story. This will take me a very long time but it's something ive wanted to do for a very long time.
Alicia
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby lyla2284 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:30 pm

What engine are you planning to use? A custom-built engine, or one of the RPGMaker engines?
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edge » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm

He's already stated that he's made it in his own engine. I THINK it said Java, and I'm frankly too lazy to scroll back and reread what he had said.

Edit - I did...

I have also been working on a PS3 remake for a while, which I think does a good balance of fixing the game's weaknesses while keeping its unique features. The whole thing is written in Java, because I don't like the restrictions that come with RPGMaker and similar programs, so this gives me a lot of flexibility, while also making it compatible with both Windows and Mac OS (Linux too but I have not tested that at all).
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Next

Return to Fan stuff