A vid I made for my fan game.

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

A vid I made for my fan game.

Postby lyla2284 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:35 am

I just thought I'd like to share this LP I made for my fan game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtpQM4tFgMQ

Enjoy!

PS: I trashed many of the original game's music, so don't be suprised to find some unfamiliar tunes. I wanted to make this game my own, instead of rehashing old music from the original.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby skymandr » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 am

Looks great! ^^
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Semix » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:33 am

Rated 5*
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Nice gameplay indeed.
One thing that still bugs me is those big headed characters. :E
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby lyla2284 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:21 pm

@Semix: Thanks! :D
@ Zucca. I think they are so cute! ^^ If I were to change the sprites, I would have to do the NPCs as well and everything else. Unless there's someone who is willing to help sprite if I find a better template (with smaller heads, of course).

I'll probably upload part II in a few days time.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Daren » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 pm

lyla2284 wrote:@Semix: Thanks! :D
@ Zucca. I think they are so cute! ^^ If I were to change the sprites, I would have to do the NPCs as well and everything else. Unless there's someone who is willing to help sprite if I find a better template (with smaller heads, of course).

I'll probably upload part II in a few days time.

Couldn't you just re-size the heads in photoshop or another editing program Lyla?
Your game looks amazing Lyla, the chipsets and the town mapping is just beautiful and that basement looks a lot more menacing ;) the only thing I'm asking myself is if you lined up the monster animations on purpose or not? They seem to wobble a little and that's an easy but time consuming fix but in any case, can't wait to see the Part 2 :)
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby lyla2284 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 pm

@Daren: Unfortunately, that's just RMXP's graphical style, to have that 'chibi' look. I find them adorable though... :oops: If I resized the heads, it would look odd in proportion to the rest of the body, not to mention it would mean hours more of spriting and I'd never get this project done.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Daren » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 pm

lyla2284 wrote:@Daren: Unfortunately, that's just RMXP's graphical style, to have that 'chibi' look. I find them adorable though... :oops: If I resized the heads, it would look odd in proportion to the rest of the body, not to mention it would mean hours more of spriting and I'd never get this project done.

Oh no I wasn't talking about your main sprites, I was talking about the monsters in battle which don't look lined up properly.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff