Message for Lyla

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Message for Lyla

Postby Edge » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:13 am

I dunno why, but my laptop is giving me serious issues with responding to a pm... I don't get why... Anyhow, I don't plan on dropping that project, and I do have one friend who was trying to figure it out, but has so much going on IRL, he hasn't said anything to me since I first brought it up.

I haven't uploaded, or shared a single thing... That I can promise you.

My problem is... AND IF ANYONE CAN SCRIPT RMXP, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO HELP ME... I don't have a problem changing the item boxes, and spell boxes to 4 items in the list, this is actually extremely easy... That was my first step, my next step was to put the battle commands in a line, from left to right... This actually worked and failed at the same time, and words come up out of boxes, and off the screen... It made things look extremely buggy... I figure once I figure out the icons, this will be fixed (or so I hope, you can always resize the box the text is inside of)

NOW, my biggest problem, that keeps putting me back to step 1... REPLACING WORDS AT THE BATTLE COMMAND WITH ICONS, "AND" NOT USING ICONS WHEN AN OPTION IS CHOSEN... For example, once you click the magic icon, a list of spell names comes up, not icons...

I am actually completely at a lost for this one... Every code I've tried, everything I've done, everytime, results in a crash... I really dunno why my first attempt didn't work, and I keep trying to fix that code, and just... NOTHING... Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash... I am at a complete loss to how this is done... HOWEVER, I do not give up, and I always enjoy a good challenge... I haven't neglected your script, nor griped much about doing it... I just have problems getting the icons in...

If possible, reply to this, I dunno if I need to reformat or what, but I just can't reply to pm's right now for some absurd reason... Sorry for that... It's my fricken' pos laptop's fault, though.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby lyla2284 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Can you perhaps send me the non-bugged script, with the item boxes and all that? it doesn't matter Edge, using the spell names without icons should be fine for now, because a release date isn't too far off now. Send me the script and maybe I'll send it to the guy who actually coded the battle script... the guy named Atoa. Maybe he can fix it. He coded the entire battle system, after all.

I wonder where the other donwloads came from then? You were the only person I send that demo link to... :?
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Zucca » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Edge: You need to create an array of techs/spells which contains information about them (or text file from where to read the informaion)
Then when a spell is chosen from menu then look the from the array for the spell and check the value for example 'icon' (which contains filename for the icon you need to place instead of text).
'icon', of course, can be anything you choose to use as array key.

I hope this was what you were looking for.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby AirWolF » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:58 am

Agree with Zucca, very nice method. Or you just can make an array of objects "Spell" in which each object containf info,icon,characteristics and so on.
True power comes with true responsibility...
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 am

I use arrays always when you have multiple choices and each of them affects many things. At least in javascript.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby lyla2284 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:44 am

I hope the info that Zucca and AW help you, Edge. Good luck with the scripting.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edge » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Sorry, my net got rained on, and I haven't been able to login in quite some time... I'm back now... Yeah, let me try out Zucca's idea, and I promise you an update by Monday. Sorry for vanishing, believe me, I wish I was around.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 am

ImageWhere can I find this script? I'd like to see what they did to make the icon appear over the text, and look over it's source code...
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby lyla2284 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Ok, Edge, got some good news for you.

This is a battle script for XP, and it mimics FFX's battle system, and it has a ton of eye candy, including those icons you're searching for.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oyzxddmgymn
There you go. Have fun looking at the source code. :wink:

Btw, love your sig. It's hilarious. :lol:
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edge » Mon May 03, 2010 9:12 pm

SWEET!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff