Phantasy Star: Dissidia ~Updated 11/28/10~

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Phantasy Star: Dissidia ~Updated 11/28/10~

Postby Drake Reaver » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:11 am

~Phantasy Star Dissidia~
Contents

1. Story
2. Characters
3. Things I Need Help With

(Work in Progress)
Last edited by Drake Reaver on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos.... suits me just fine!
Drake Reaver
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Drake Reaver » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 pm

~Story~

It has been more than five thousand years since The Profound Darkness has been slain, and the Algo Solar System has been peaceful ever since then. The efforts of Chaz, Rune, and countless others from different planets and even different times, have all paid off. The remaining planets in the Algo System have all regained life-sustaining statuses, and humanity is now thriving.

All is not as it seems, however. On the horizon, from the edges of space and time itself, an evil darker than the Profound Darkness itself is creeping closer to the Algo System, once again endangering the ill-fated System. Without name, or even cause, this darkness has been engulfing entire galaxies whole, with no indication of slowing.

Hope still exists, however. Though slim, the chances to save the System are possible. From different times, dimensions, and even other realities, the equal and opposite force of the darkness that is spreading through the universe is gathering heroes of all types. Sensing the threat, the spreading dark is also gathering his own armies, living and long dead.

In the following years of war, Algo is reduced to ashes. Only a handful of warriors remain on both sides. The battlefield has become a different dimension entirely, consisting of a jumbled chaos and meld of several important places in the worlds of the heroes.

And it is now the real war begins.
Drake Reaver
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Drake Reaver » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:53 pm

~Characters~

Name - Generation - Description

Main Heroes----------
Alis Landale - PS1 - One of the very first heroes summoned by the forces of light. A heroine who's name has survived for generations, she is a source of great hope for the heroes, and is one of the most skilled fighters on her side.

Rolf - PS2 - A very healthy and well-balanced agent. He's an incredible fighter, a decent healer, and even knows the powerful Megid spell. However, this is offset by the fact that his version of Megid injures both his enemies, but also his own comrades.

Orakio - PS3 - Orakio was a swordmaster and one of the two chief leaders on the Alisa III. He was the master of a mysterious black sword, possibly the only one in existence. The sword itself was strong enough to spend 1,000 years at the bottom of a lake without rusting or losing its edge, keep Dark Force sealed until it was removed, and grant the Megid technique to the man who drew it out. Orakio commanded an army of robots in his war against Laya.

Laya - PS3 - Laya the Elder was the other leader on Alisa III. She was a witch, as well as an archer. Her magic was powerful enough to seal the passages on the Alisa III for 1,000 years, allowing entry only to those with an access key. She likely cast the spell that sealed Dark Force, and used Orakio's black sword as the focus for the seal. Laya commanded an army of monsters in her war against Orakio.

Chaz - PS4 - A hunter and a hero. One of the heroes to do battle with the Profound Darkness. As such, he and Alis see one another as rivals... the first heroine, and the last hero.

Ethan Waber - PSU - One of the more recent heroes. He is a master of many types of weapons, but usually uses a combo of a sword and handgun. His devotion to his sister and Karen shine through, and his strong sense of justice causes him to rush into things.

Supplementary Heroes----------
Lutz/Noah - PS1 - A skilled mage with complete mastery over magic. He and Alis journeyed together to battle Lassic, who was a devoted slave of the original Dark Force.

Nei- PS2 - An agile female who is always seen with Rolf. Though she died in her own dimension, she was brought back by the force of light and reunited with Rolf.

Alys - PS4 - Also known as "The Eight-Stroke Warrior" for reasons many don't quite understand. She is skilled with a slasher, and renowned as one of the best Hunters of all time. She died as a result of a battle against Zio, but like Nei, she has returned to life.

Karen Erra - PSU - A friend and ally of Ethan. Her skills with a knife are second to none. She is rivaled in power with Ethan.

Wren - PS3(?)/PS4 - A very powerful combat android that uses a cannon and array of weaponry. He even has a laser that was originally designed to decimate entire worlds.

Mieu - PS3 - An android that supported Rhys and all of his offspring to fend off Dark Force. She's skilled with healing and claws.

Rika - PS4 - Much like a second coming of Mieu, she is good with claws and healing. She is slightly naive, but very knowledgable about the world. She sees Chaz as an irreplaceable friend.

Amy - PS2 - A helpful nurse from Rolf and Nei's time period. She and Rika are given the main healing duties among the heroes.

Rune - PS4 - One of the 'generations' of Lutz. He is skilled in sorcery muh like his predecessor, but has skills all his own. It is thought he may even surpass the original Lutz.

Demi - PS4 - A short and rather cut android with ties to Rika and Wren. she uses light guns and has some basic medical moves.

Odin - PS1 - A warrior who was turned to stone by Medusa. Alis cured him, and he decided to join her party. He, like Wren, is more suited for heavy combat.

Rudo - PS2 - A soldier with a striking resemblance to Odin. The two of them seem to make an unstoppable force.

Gryz - PS4 - An axe-wielding Motavian. He is physically powerful, and surprisingly swift despite the weight of himself and his axe.

The Dark Ones----------
Lassic - PS1 - Coming Soon

Neifirst - PS2 - Coming Soon

Zio- PS4 - A dark priest freakishly devoted to Dark Force. He was killed by Chaz and company, but was brought back twice as strong as before.

Juza - PS4 - Zio's High Priest. A powerful mage in his own respect.

Dr. Mad - PS1 - Coming Soon

Magashi - PSU - An android that was transformed by SEED into a monster than was defeated by Ethan. He is cruel, and will kill without so much as blinking.

Mother Brain - PS2 - Coming Soon

Rulakir - PS3 - Rulakir is Orakio's younger twin brother. They're fraternal twins. Rulakir lost his entire family during the Devastation War between Orakio and Laya, excluding his twin Orakio and Orakio's son. Hatred of Laya converted him to Dark Force's side, and he became the Alisa III's Zio, only with much more authority. Orakio and Laya eventually sealed him into the Terminus dome, where he lived with an army of evil followers that would make any dark priest jealous. Hatred kept him alive for 1,000 years, and the seal Orakio and Laya put on Dark Force didn't stop Dark Force's power from flowing into Rulakir during that time. Since he didn't die like Lassic or Zio, that means he's probably the most powerful human to ever follow Dark Force.

Dark Force Origin - PS1 - The First Dark Force, birthed by Profound Darkness and summoned by Lassic, making the man drunk with power and devoted to the darkness. He is defeated by Alis and company.

Pandora Force - PS2 - The Second Dark Force, sent to assist the Mother Brain in her attempt to eliminate life. He is destroyed by Rolf and company.

LaShute Force - PS3 - A Dark Force that managed to outlive the Profound Darkness. It is defeated on the LaShute Shuttle.

Kuran Force - PS4 - A Dark Force sent to send Motavia into destruction. It is killed by Chaz and friends.

Garuberk Force - PS4 - The second Dark Force Chaz and his party destroy. It was responsible for zombifying an entire town.

Seth Force - PS4 - A Dark Force wielding a sword-arm. He possesses Seth and tries to kill Chaz and his group.

Profound Darkness - PS4 - The mother of all Dark Forces. It is destroyed by Chaz, but brought back with increased power.

??? - PSD - The evil that threatens to envelope all worlds.

More to come!
Last edited by Drake Reaver on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Drake Reaver
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Drake Reaver » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:56 pm

~Things I Need Help With

1. See all those ones that say: "Coming Soon"? I know nothing about them... so help me with the descriptions!

2. Got ideas for more characters? I'm very iffy about adding PS3 characters, since if you add one, you need all seven heroes or look like you're playing favorites.

3. Give me ideas for fight match-ups! I mean, who HASN'T had a fantasy about Rudo and Odin teaming up against Juza? What? That's just me, isn't it...?
Drake Reaver
Locusta
Locusta

Postby NickyP » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:28 am

Soo... is this a fangame, or a fanfic? I'm confused.

I did post a very viable fighting game sheet for Alis, but I dunno about the other characters. :?
NickyP
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Drake Reaver » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:41 pm

It's a fanfic. >.> i'm, heh, not good when it comes to making games.
Drake Reaver
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Yeah, includes PS3 chars !
For them, their stories can be written on a post-it...
Or you'll have to "make" some stories for them. For example, I imagined a very short prequel to PS3 in which adventure starts on Aquatica. king of Cille is worried about the recent and brutal freezing, and sent some of his best warriors, including Maia, to investigate. On the trial, they recruit Lyle and are bringed to infiltrate Satera's castle. But they're discovered, Lyle is wounded and must retreat on the island where Rhys will find him, Maia, trying to escape, suffers amnesia due to a massive attack that destroyed the bridge between Satera and Landen (rebuilt in Nial's part), then se disappears in the river, she'll be find by Rhys. Other heroes are killed, or back to Cille for reporting. Later, Rhys find amnesic Maia on a beach near Landen. Lyle is going to bring back her, and Lena helps Rhys because she wants to know more about this woman who invaded her castle.

But I imagine you can take all characters, from heroes like Rhys and Adan to non-playables like beautiful Maia... All, except Ryan, he's useless ! :twisted:
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby HTD » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:57 pm

If i were you for the ps3 characters Id just stick with Gen 1.

Rhys, Lyle etc..
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:10 pm

It would means that he will have to renounce to Kara, Alair, Laya... No way !
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby HTD » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:03 am

Let me start the story off.

Ethan wakes to find himself in an alternative reality of sorts.
One dominated by the forces of light and darkness.
"YOU MUST RETRIEVE THE DYNAMITE" a voice booms a thunderous roar.
"Woo Cowabunga dudes!" yell Ethan jumping on his Air board, he pulls out his light sab0r (Non TM) and is about to strike a rappy that sings pleasantly in the distance.
He feels the board float effortlessly towards the Rappy.
"TIME...TO...DIE!! BRUDDA! YEAH!" yells Ethan.
He raises his Sab0r to strike but before he can...

The Rappy calls upon the powers of Dark Force and leaps with sheer evil determination.
Ethans HP is subtracted by one when the Rappys beak makes contact; sending him of his hover board, back to the future 2 inspired transport.
Ethan falls.. Landing on his Light Saber and piercing his heart.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHH", "MEGA LET DOWN" he gurgles with his dying breath.

RAPPY WINS!
(Duh duh dah deh de de durhh)

Sorry I just felt inspired.

On a serious note.

Think like a fighting game, what characters have individuality and skills that set them apart.
You don't have to just use Adon etc.. You could use Laya but it's all about getting the balance right.
Oh and Zio is a must.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Drake Reaver » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Zio's already in there. As far as Phantasy Star Villains go, he's the second sexiest. AFTER Neifirst. o3o Rappies... I just got an insidious idea. Anyway, what I mainly need your guys help on is what I should put in the "Coming Soon" slots. And I'm happy some people like this idea.
Drake Reaver
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Black Sword » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:31 pm

From what we absolutely know, Orakio was a swordmaster and one of the two chief leaders on the Alisa III. He was the master of a mysterious black sword, possibly the only one in existence. The sword itself was strong enough to spend 1,000 years at the bottom of a lake without rusting or losing its edge, keep Dark Force sealed until it was removed, and grant the Megid technique to the man who drew it out. Orakio commanded an army of robots in his war against Laya.

Laya the Elder was the other leader on Alisa III. She was a witch, as well as an archer. Her magic was powerful enough to seal the passages on the Alisa III for 1,000 years, allowing entry only to those with an access key. She likely cast the spell that sealed Dark Force, and used Orakio's black sword as the focus for the seal. Laya commanded an army of monsters in her war against Orakio.
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Drake Reaver » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Oh, sweet. Not bad. So can I have your permission to copy/paste those? I'd hate to plagiarize ya.
Drake Reaver
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Black Sword » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Copy and paste away! Oh, also, after 1,000 years, they're treated as gods by their peoples. Orakians treat Orakio as a god of good and Laya as a dark goddess, and Layans treat Laya as a goddess of love and Orakio as a god of evil.
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Drake Reaver » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Got it. P.S. ... no one likes Ryan.
Drake Reaver
Locusta
Locusta

Next

Return to Fan stuff