pseudo 3d character extrapolations?

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

pseudo 3d character extrapolations?

Postby spookeydonkey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:11 pm

anyone think they're good enough of an artist/spriter to extrapolate any ps character sprite into 8 angles? that means you have 4 angles to work with and 4 to extrapolate. If you can get it done (even a rough draft) i'd like to try my hand at implementing it into a 3d battle scene i'm planning out.

basically, i want to be able to move the 3d camera in an arc and have it show different sides of the character (otherwise i'll have to do some kind of fake/bad looking effect).

and don't worry this isn't gonna take time away from my "main" project (PSBATTLE). i work on this one when i'm fed up with the other one lol.

p.s. does anyone know if there's a plug-in for GIMP that uses the hq4x algorithm? or any program that does good upscaling internally? currently I have to do it in-emulator and that is less than perfect for many reasons.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: pseudo 3d character extrapolations?

Postby spookeydonkey » Sun May 08, 2011 12:12 am

Ok I solved the image upscaling problem. Sprite ripping is a breeze at this point however I still would love it if anyone could try their hand making 4 diagonal angles for at least ONE character. The only sprites which I *think* already exist with all the information are the PS Gen II character sprites, so I'll probably have to work with those for the time being. I figure I'll get more help once I have something concrete to demonstrate what I wanna do.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Return to Fan stuff