PS Cosplay

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

PS Cosplay

Postby SlimDefinition » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Alright, I decided to make a thread about Phantasy Star cosplay. It's rarely seen, so why not put it out there on here and draw some more attention to it. I've done both Alys and Zio recently, and I already cannot wait to wear them again.

I have been adding my photos and edited photos to Deviant Art, which can be found here - http://slimdefinition.deviantart.com

I'd also like to get a cosplay cast together for PSIV one day. I am in the UK, so if anyone's from my neck of the woods who fancies doing that with me at any point, you've got an Alys and Zio with me already. A friend did Demi (though it didn't go so well so she said she intends to remake it), and I almost had a Rika last time but her wig didn't turn up. I am open to suggestions.

"Keeping information from me is the sixth most dangerous thing in the world." Alys, Phantasy Star IV.

SlimDefinition
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: PS Cosplay

Postby Zucca » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:29 am

This topic gets my approval even though I don't do cosplay. \o
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby SlimDefinition » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Ahh, thanks Zucca.

I wish I could find people who are going to Ayacon to cosplay PS with me. I'm annoyed as one person isn't answering me, and the other is umming and ahhing about it due to August being HOT. Uh, yeah, hot. I'm wearing a few layers of black considering Zio and I was prepared to suffer it in May and willing to again in August. Never mind! I can do it on my larry if I have to, but I'd rather have a few people doing it with me.
"Keeping information from me is the sixth most dangerous thing in the world." Alys, Phantasy Star IV.

SlimDefinition
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:01 pm

I wonder, have you ever considered cosplaying as Kyra? I'm trying to think of characters who you'd be interested in rather than throwing another game of the series at ya. =P
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Xander » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 pm

The costume might provide a couple of snags, but I say that'd be quite a cool idea actually. :D
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby SlimDefinition » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 pm

I had considered Kyra. I even bought a few items to do her. However she's just not.....ME....if you get my drift?

Any costume has "snags" Xander. Heh. Zio ring a bell? XD
Big armour and chest-binding for me. Minus the chest-binding for a guy, but it's so worth the suffering.

SlimDefinition
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Xander » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Yeah that's true. I think I understand you. I suppose the main issue with Kyra would be the should guards and the collar...thing. But considering Zio's outfit, yeah probably not so bad. :D

So if Kyra's off the table, who's next? Alis perhaps? That'd be pretty awesome IMO.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby LegoMuskCat » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:08 am

SlimDefinition wrote:I had considered Kyra. I even bought a few items to do her. However she's just not.....ME....if you get my drift?
Yeah, I understand what you mean. What about Anna, then? =o And I agree with Xander, Alis is another good one. ^^
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Sword » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:15 pm

I've said it before, but it's much harder to fine this praise in the shoutbox and on facebook than it would be on here.

ALL HAIL SD, THE HOLY ONE!!!!
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby SlimDefinition » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 pm

I am not keen on PSIII cosplays. I DID have Mieu planned at one point, but nobody said a word so I gave it a miss. I have added Nei as planned, but I would not do her till I've played PSII properly. I have not yet played PSI, but Alis is a little too...girly...?...for me. If it involves any pink and cutesy elements it's a no-go for me.

Aside from the frame, Zio's outfit was easy to come across. It's a lot of layering though.
1.) Chest-binding is uncomfortable. I used a crop top two sizes too small (which cut into my shoulders), and then wrapped myself in self-adhesive bandage. Breathing becomes shallower and every once in a while I have to sigh deeply - not much of a problem really.

2.) Body shaper/magic knicker "thing". Works rather well to straighten the figure.

3.) Black long-sleeved turtleneck.

4.) Black halter-neck jumpsuit.

5.) Cape - two layers of satin.

6.) Armour frame.

Additional note...BLACK. VERY hot costume, not easy to get through normal doorways (shimmy sideways), and thankfully I didn't need to use the restroom at the expo but if I had that'd have been a chore and a half.

Black Sword, you need to dress up as the worshipper outside the church, come over here and start flailing on the ground.
Speculation - Zio's reaction? Eyes narrow, arches a brow, walks off.

SlimDefinition
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby SlimDefinition » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:27 pm

I have added more photos to Deviant Art.

This edit of Alys is one of them...

SlimDefinition
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby maidenofthesea » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Those costumes are very lovely!

It's too bad you're over in the UK, I'm in the US. Me n' my boyfriend are doing Demi and Wren this winter (He said yes to it ♥) We hope to get some more people together for it. Phantasy star needs more love in general. Like, not TOO much (we don't want it to become another final fantasy!) But just a little more exposure would be nice.

Again, very nice work, it's always nice to see Phantasy Star cosplay ♥
maidenofthesea
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to Fan stuff