Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2

Postby rockphantom » Mon May 08, 2023 7:35 pm

I have been a massive Phantasy Star fan since I first played the second game on my Genesis in April of 1990. I would like to know if the most recent English translation of PS2 Generation 2 is available in ISO or CHD format? I have never played the 2005 remake of Phantasy Star 2 before would love to play it on my Steam Deck. I did complete the 2005 remake of the original Phantasy Star on my PC back in 2019 and truly enjoyed it. Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.

Also, do you receive anything special if you use PS Generation One Clear Save data when you start PS Generation 2?

Thank you!
rockphantom
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Screeling » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:54 pm

rockphantom wrote:I would like to know if the most recent English translation of PS2 Generation 2 is available in ISO or CHD format? I have never played the 2005 remake of Phantasy Star 2 before would love to play it on my Steam Deck.

Hoping you found the .iso file on the main website already. To play it on Steam Deck, you can grab the EmuDeck app. You'll need a PS2 BIOS file for the Playstation 2 emulator, PCSX2, to function. Then playing the game is as simple as putting the .iso file in the ps2 folder in the Emulation folder. Run ROM Manager, it will find it, then it should be available in the Collections section of Steam.

Hope that helps!
Screeling
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby rockphantom » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:30 pm

Thanks for the information. I have the PSG2 English 0.8 beta. I am looking for the most recent build of the English translation and hope someone would be able to share it soon.
rockphantom
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Sarzac » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:53 pm

Does anyone know how to obtain this version of Generations 2? The download links on the first post no longer work.
Sarzac
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby rockphantom » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:54 pm

Sarzac wrote:Does anyone know how to obtain this version of Generations 2? The download links on the first post no longer work.

You can get the 0.8 beta here: https://cdromance.com/ps2-iso/sega-ages ... h-patched/
rockphantom
Pinchant
Pinchant

Previous

Return to Fan stuff