Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2

Postby abcc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:23 pm

I cant wait to try it out , its been awhile since I last checked up, I love playing the game in different platforms, even on the GBA I found errors and mistakes, that I tried writing
to someone about it, and their replied that they have people that test them out before releasing the game. Yeah, but they are doing it for the money, in just beating the game, and they are done. a real tester tries out all the characters , with all abilities earned and every situation , got to have the passion of the game
abcc
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby TheSegaDude » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi All!

I fell off the wagon for a bit but I would like to get back to play testing Phantasy Star GEN2.

Is Beta Version 0.8 the version we should be testing? Is v0.8 currently the most stable version?
I will be playing on my modded PlayStation 2.

Is there a preferred burning software tool to use? Or just anything that can write an ISO is fine?

Also, regarding Phantasy Star GEN 1. Is Version 2.10 considered a stable and final version?

And... one last question :) I recall reading here (somewhere) that there are some save files flouting around. Could anyone point me to where they are? I'm looking for some saves for both PSGEN2 and PSGEN1 that are at different levels of progress through out the games.

I want to express again how amazing you all are for working on these games. I really am enjoying them so much!
Sega Dude
http://retromegabit.com
TheSegaDude
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Blaw- » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Last version is the one on the first message on the first page.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3775#p59372
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby TheSegaDude » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Thanks Blaw!

I saw that the first message had not been edited since Nov 11, 2018 2:31 am. So I wasn't sure if the info was still current or not.

I do see the file PSGEN2-RC2-V2f.rar

Does RC2 stand for 'release candidate 2'? What's very promising

What's the f stand for in V2f? Version 2 f.... ? final?

Edit: I just looked at the older version I've been using and it's PSGEN2-RC2-V2e.rar. I'll burn the new version. I guess that means f does not stand for final; just a sequential tracking for V2.
Sega Dude
TheSegaDude
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Goldenboy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:42 pm

As said before, the PROJECT CONTINUES guys, right now, I'm in the TEDIOUS PART of reviewing and optimize all the EVENT.DAT txt (space distribution, error check, etc, etc).

I'm too excited to show you the NEW VERSION but IT's a MONSTROUS WORK and TAKES TIME.... :doh: :doh:

PLEASE, PLEASE CONTINUE TO POST BUG/ERRORS IT'S FUNDAMENTAL!!

PS: If someone know a japanese mother tongue guy that can help me reviewing some translation bits i'll gladly add to the credits. PM me as soon as you find/know one ;) .
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby TheSegaDude » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:56 pm

New MONSTROUS version coming-up?! Well, now I'm also very excited!
Sega Dude
TheSegaDude
Locusta
Locusta

Postby zazou703 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Hi Goldenboy, my wife is Japanese and between her Japanese ability and mine, we can help. How much text do you need translated/verified?
zazou703
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Goldenboy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:08 pm

zazou703 wrote:Hi Goldenboy, my wife is Japanese and between her Japanese ability and mine, we can help. How much text do you need translated/verified?

THANK THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! I've desperately try to find some mother tongue japanese!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

There's not too much to do....After the WONDERFUL WORK of Kience there are very little things to CORRECT/REVIEW but i want THE FINAL PRODUCT TO BE PERFECT and YOUR HELP COULD BE A GOD SEND.

In TOTAL we have 30txt files but ONLY 15txt contain the MAIN STORY and ALL DIALOGUES (these are the most important and i want them to capture the very essence of the game). Consider every txt is 10-20Kb MAX so they aren't too big (only exception a file of 60kb :D )

If you want i can send the ORIGINAL JAPANESE TXT EXTRACTED from the game and the TRANSLATED VERSION, after my INITIAL revision it should be simpler to compare with the original AND FIND CORRECTION (once you'll see the file you'll understand).

CONTACT ME in PM...I'll send all the MATERIAL.....TOO MUCH EXCITED FOR THIS!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

FROM THE NUMBER OF POST I CAN CLEARLY SEE YOU'VE WRITTEN TO GIVE ME SUPPORT AND THAT'S FOR ME IS INVALUABLE!!!
YOU (and your wife)WILL SURELY BE CREDITED!!!
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby zazou703 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 pm

PM sent =)
zazou703
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby abcc » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:09 am

I cant wait for the New Genesis mini Classic to come out, I believe its in for September , I gots mines pre-ordered on amazon. I been hearing abit about it
on YouTube , how for this Genesis version mini , Sega themselves are going to be in charge , with M2 working on it. I wonder how the original Phantasy Star 2 in HDMI
will look like. and what special features options you can have. And maybe they will have that you can download the Phantasy Star Generation 2. or maybe , after its been
modded , you can place upload Phantasy Star Generation 2 as a Rom to play in the system. Like the nes mini classic was modded. Things looking bright ahead I believe. :dance:
abcc
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby LordGiodai » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 am

Phantasy Star Generations 2 on a Genesis Mini?
But this game runs on Playstation 2...
LordGiodai
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby abcc » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:17 pm

I know , my bad , I thought about it later that night. yeah , PlayStation 2 higher graphics , but still fun if they release Part 2,3,4 on it. now maybe if oneday they make a PlayStation 2 mini lol
games too big , but you never know
abcc
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby abcc » Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 am

Im tired of waiting of Sega, I know that's why they have tried translating the Language, but I wrote to them that I want to see Phantasy Star 3 and 4 , remastered just like 1 and 2. and that I want to see a Part 5 come out !! and for them to come out with Generations 1 and 2 in English, or a version that at the menu you choose which language , English, French, Asian languages to play. Imagine in the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, Plastation Store , Xbox too, you can purchase the remastered games , you can buy the digital soundtracks , theres special wallpapers, icons , screensavers. I believe they just got to see the demand for it, and see our voices be heard. or even an extra character or 2 you can purchase that you can use in the game, or an extra level or expansion pack. This one of my all time favorite games, I just want more of it, and not happy where its at.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new

this the contact I found that we can write to them , and ask them about it, and tell them what we would like to see. To show there is still a high demand for the Original Phantasy Star series.
abcc
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby darkwraith007 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:43 pm

I saw that the 'first download on the first page' was the ISO in a RAR (!?) archive and it was also on an unreliable file sharing host.
I've put up a MEGA mirror just in case the 30 day inactivity limit on zippyshare makes the file go poof.
I also got rid of the RAR archive format and re-archived it in the more open 7-zip format. You'll need to grab 7-zip to extract it in an installable or portable version.

The only caveat with MEGA is that you should use a 'regular' browsing window instead of a private browsing window if you install their browser extension so that it works properly.

I don't think SEGA really cares at all about fan requests. They only care about what they feel they can make money off of. They were content to allow Phantasy Star Online 2 to remain a Japanese-exclusive game (despite having already made an English version in SEA region) until Microsoft gave them enough money to change their minds. Still curious why Microsoft decided to do so but meh. Not complaining. I'm just hoping their official English version is as polished and updated as the Japanese one. Almost zero percent chance of that happening but one can dream lol.
darkwraith007
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Goldenboy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:08 pm

@darkwraith007
Thank you for the mirror!! It's always a good thing to have another link! I've added the link in OP ;)

SOME NEWS ABOUT THE PROJECT:

I''ve passed all my revisioned files to zazou703 as he offered to help me but he's not responding to my mail nor sending me any revisioned files for at least three months...so, as always, if someone know a japanese mother tongue guy that can help me reviewing some translation bits i'll gladly add to the credits. PM me as soon as you find/know somone more reliable :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'll release anyway the pre-FINAL version with the revisioned scripts in AUGUST/SEPTEMBER (my vacation time).
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff