The anime series you just can´t stand?

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Postby Monocromatico » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:56 am

I believe most anime series I have seen were just too weird, infantile or boring for my taste. Nowadays I tried to watch Beyblade... that should be the dullest thing that made it out of Japan in the last decades, just to be gentle. It beats Yugioh... at least, the later has monsters in cards with different abilities that allowed strategies and all... Beyblade is just kids trying to break each others toys, what the hell? :^P<p>Oh, and I ask you to not jump in to deffend your beloved animes that may be eventually cited here. Let´s just have fun criticizing them, right?
Monocromatico

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:04 pm

I'd have to say Digimon... It started out as a copy as Pokemon, IMO, but kept getting more pathetic as it dragged on and on...<p>Yu-gi-oh is even more warped that that... It seems to be in a cycle and each time it passes by, it grows more unbearable to watch...
LegoMuskCat

Postby Etra McGarl » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:05 pm

Shinzo....... it has the stupidest story ever, they have to kill things(they turn into cards) and so on and so forth trying to find shinzo, and it w\has horrivble plot twists :(
Etra McGarl

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:06 am

Daigudner, D.I.C.E, Monster Rancher..<p>All those Pokemon Ripoffs that showcase on ABCfamily x.x
Lord Khyron

Postby gm2987 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:12 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Dreamer</i><p>I'd have to say Digimon... It started out as a copy as Pokemon, IMO, but kept getting more pathetic as it dragged on and on...<p></blockquote><br>Thats a joke right? You do realize that they came out in totally diffrent years, and in totally diffrent styles don't you? Maybe the dub is like pokemon's but Digimon is a much more intersting and serious anime, although the dub doesn't help with that, they turned it into a kids show.<p>The anime I can't stand has got to be Infinte Ryvius, the series was intresting but honestly by the end I just wanted the whole show to die and burn in hell, it was outright creepy at the end...
gm2987

Postby Arkhan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:08 am

I hate every show that has aired on cartoon network minus Sailor Moon.<p>My reasoning behind this is:<br>Every wannabe nerd at my school...........(yes...they try to be nerdy on purpose....its sposed to come naturally.....) watches this stuff, Inuyasha etc...and then they DONT STFU about it, and start drawing pictures, and babblin' about how into anime they are.......These shows all kinda ruin the anime stuff for me...<p>This also lead to the kids also thinking theyre 1337 video gamers.....when they cant even beat Soul calibur 2 w/o a struggle, .....and theyve never set foot in an online game......you cant be 1337 if you havent done that.......people TRYING to be nerds, acting out/weird on purpose because they think it makes them more like anime characters..........<p>The shows im mostly talking about are Tenchi Muyo (So sad too...I cant watch it anymore w/o being annoyed by the disturbing flashbacks to my school), Inuyasha, Card Captor Sakura, kenshin ...(I can still watch that, cmon its kenshin....)<p>Luckily, and THANK GOD. Sailor Moon was taken off the air long before these twits made it into the anime culture, so they didnt stupid that up too....them wearing Ranma 1/2 costumes to school is bad enough when they dont even know Ranma is both a boy and a girl........they miss the whole point to the show because they just look at pictures, and .............god I could write an entire book about how stupid this group is....ill just stop now.<p>Oh, and DBZ sucks too. Overrated garbage......DB is okie dokie in my book though.
Arkhan

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:17 am

All anime shows based on card battles(card capturer sakura, yu-gi-oh, etc) and pokemon ripoffs. Oh and that POS bayblade.<p>Other things that get on my nerves. Anime freaks who think they are so into anime that they have to remember useless names of the "japanese" voice actors. Where in the hell in life will knowing that get you? Maybe a non-paying job at some online anime site but tahts it.
HuBBsDoctor

Postby toee » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:45 pm

the only anime i really cannot take anymore is coyboy bebop... sure i enjoyed it when it was fresh but i've seen it so many times now i would almost rather gouge my own eyes out then see it again. adult swim really killed that show.
toee

Postby LegoMuskCat » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:48 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by gm2987</i><p>Thats a joke right? You do realize that they came out in totally diffrent years, and in totally diffrent styles don't you? Maybe the dub is like pokemon's but Digimon is a much more intersting and serious anime, although the dub doesn't help with that, they turned it into a kids show.<br></blockquote><p>You know how much I care? I don't! They're BOTH stupid if you ask me...
LegoMuskCat

Postby ROMeo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:08 pm

Ok, anime I plainly won't watch:<p>-Anything that involves saving the world OR trying to take it over, with toys (stuffed dolls, cards, spinning tops, etc).<p>-Anything whose depth in dialogues and/or storyline is limited to<br>*VILLAIN*: I 0\/\/|\|50r5 J00, and to prove I'll eat 5 black holes!<br>*HERO*: No! I 0\/\/|\|50r5 J00, and to prove it I'll raise my power to Avogadro's number!<br>*VILLAIN*: No! I 0\/\/|\|50r5 J00, and to prove it... (you get the idea)<p>-Any show with no other reason to exist but fanservice.<p>-Any show with pretentions exceeding its quality.
ROMeo

Postby Somebody » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:28 am

Most of the shows on CN do suck but besides the massive amount of stuff taken I liked Blue Gender, Outlaw Star and Tenchi pretty well but besides that they run complete crap such as Home Movies(which even speaking of induces projectile vomiting) and Wolf's Rain
Somebody

Postby ghost_stalker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:36 am

I hate any show that is any kind of card battle or is used solely for marketing and I dont like CN and havent been watching it much since they took off Conan and killed Toonami and started replacing it with Miguzi (except for watching .hack at about 2 on fridays(if i can bare the stupidity of their gay friday show) and FMA
ghost_stalker

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:13 pm

Ah, Adult Swim plays some good anime...if its wasn't dubbed anyway ( don't get Adult Swim, but I've seen whats on it).<p>I don't like anime thats confusing for the sake of being confusing...Lain anyone?
Tekno-Crystal

Postby ghost_stalker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:28 pm

Do you like excel saga?
ghost_stalker

Postby KexMex » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:50 pm

Oh, how FUN Yu-Gi-Oh is! A manga about... playing cards! Yeah!<p>It sucks. So does Pokémon and Digimon.
KexMex

Next

Return to Anime / Manga