Anime TV shows...

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Anime TV shows...

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:48 pm

I don't much use AIM, I use Trillian, and I don't know if that has all the AIM options, but we can try if you want. And I don't use syreamed video at all, so I have no need for it :D.
Tekno-Crystal

Anime TV shows...

Postby Flare137 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:02 pm

about the topic.....<p>i guess we just read magazines and books about it
Flare137

Anime TV shows...

Postby Shell Presto » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:11 am

Wow, everyone here makes it seem like getting anime is hard. I mean, yeah, it's expensive, but besides that....<p>I watch Adult Swim on cartoon network. They play Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop, which are some awesome titles, also Inu Yasha and Ghost in the Shell. Then there's Tech TV. Their lineup changes more often, but it is where I saw most of Gungrave (I love that show too much...). <p>If there's an unreleased in America series that you want to see, you can search for a torrent of it, particularly on animesuki.com, but don't download licensed in your country anime cos it doesn't support more anime being translated on good quality DVD. Or you can check ebay for unlicensed series.<p>Heck, I buy licensed DVDs on ebay because people will sell their used official copies for like $5 if they get bored with them sometimes. Or buy the VHS tapes. You can get a whole series for $20 because people upgrade to DVD, or stores want to get rid of them. (Suncoast had a huge sale last year.)<p>And I always ask for anime for Christmas and my Birthday. Between those two, I can maybe get most of a series. (For example, I got the second half of Slayers Try for Christmas. Granted, I didn't get much else, but I was very happy with it.)<p>Anyway, those are my tactics. Hope they helped.
Shell Presto

Anime TV shows...

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:44 am

Well it can be tough to get anime depending where you live, not everyone get Adult Swim or Tech TV. But even still, theres always the illegal option of downloading the shows.
Tekno-Crystal

Anime TV shows...

Postby Forge » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:11 pm

I've got Sky, so I follow anime series such as DBZ, Big-O and Outlaw Star on Toonami.
Forge

Anime TV shows...

Postby Halikus MK2 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:29 pm

I am also in the same situation a Forge UK. sky Tv has DB DBZ and GT Outlaw star and Big O on Toonami and Sharman King on Nicktoons late at night. Unfortunately thats it.(unless Pokemon and Yugioh are to be watched) I follow Bleach, Mai Hime and Xenosaga from Animesuki.com. Only good thing for me is a 2M line which gobbles up 170Mb eps in aroung 30-40 mins
Halikus MK2

Anime TV shows...

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:50 pm

170 MB eps, must be subs. I follow Elfen Lied, and intend to give Bleach a watch from iy4ever.com .<p>Here in Canada we get YTV (and as far as I know we do not get the Cartoon Network, which means no Adult Swim, even on satellite, but I've heard places are thinking about it) so we get InuYasha, Gundam Seed, and Witch Hunter Robin. But thats about it. Well, there is of course Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon...
Tekno-Crystal

Anime TV shows...

Postby gm2987 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:31 pm

I download simple enough, hongfire and boxtorrents are the best places to get anime...<p>BTW those who have trouble playing anime on computers I have the answer that will solve all your problems<p>Download VLC player (google VLC player) and your problems will be solved (best player around)
gm2987

Anime TV shows...

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:41 am

I second that, I've been using VLC for quite some time. Good for any video file, *.avi, *.ogm, *.mkv, etc. I believe it also plays music, but I use WinAmp for music so I haven't checked. It can also play DVD's, and is multiplatform (Win, Mac, Linux, Unix).
Tekno-Crystal

Anime TV shows...

Postby Isaha78Namso » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:46 pm

I get Most of the shows on DVD. This is after hearing about the ones I want to see by reading anima related magazines such as Animerica and New Type. I wish I could down load them the way most of you all are but I only have a crapy dial up so it would take for ever.
Isaha78Namso

Anime TV shows...

Postby ghost_stalker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:40 pm

There is a anime rental store by my house so I pay like 2 bucks to rent it then I put it on my hard drive. But now the 60gb hard drive is full and I need to start putting the movies on CD to transfer to DVDwhich is very hard to do
ghost_stalker

Anime TV shows...

Postby Damien 1234 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:48 pm

I think they're cool, I'm Japanese, so I can just ask my uncle who lives in Japan, if he can mail some good anime, and that I'll pay for the shipping, and the DVD, and all that, so I can get pretty much anything
Damien 1234

Anime TV shows...

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:33 pm

Ah lucky you, I take it you know Japanese as well? I'm in the middle of learning, but still no where near the level of understanding very well.<p>We Canadians seem to be slowly getting more and more, something like 1 new series a year. Right now YTV shows 3 on fridays, next year they plan 4, maybe 5. So, anime is growing :).
Tekno-Crystal

Anime TV shows...

Postby Damien 1234 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:13 am

i barely know any :( you more than likely know more than me lol, I was born in america, my uncle knows english, so I talk to him in english, I only know enough to make a small conversation, you know like, "Konichiwa, mai shougou Tanner, oyobi goshujin shougou?"but all i usually say when I go to Japan is: "Hon'in ingo shaberi nicchuukantougou, sumimasen." (I need to learn a little more huh?)
Damien 1234

Anime TV shows...

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:12 am

Hey I only know the basics, just started learning. Taken like 3 lessons, but every now and then I pick up something I know in anime ;), its kinda cool.
Tekno-Crystal

PreviousNext

Return to Anime / Manga