Ys Anime?

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Ys Anime?

Postby ill-intent » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:44 pm

Actually, in addition to what you've listed, 1 and 2 both were out in japan for the MSX system, 1 was also on NES (japan), SNES had 3, 4 and 5 (all downgraded versions of the PC engine/PC-FX games) 1 and 2 were remade with animated cimemas and new voices for the "Falcom Classics" on Saturn. <br> About the only (major) platform I've never seen an Ys game for is the PS1......(the Eternals would've been on DC had it survived long enough..... Falcom did bring Rhapsody of Zephyr to it)<p> Reminds me of Mortal Kombat...... how many systems has that come out for..........?
ill-intent

Ys Anime?

Postby zoothe » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:12 am

Exactly! Here you have a game popular enough to be on multiple systems and even be rehashed multiple times only a few years ago and then it just disappears (at least in the US).<p>I e-mailed Working Designs about the column I read stating their interest in obtaining the rights to Ys Eternal for PS2. They replied denying any involvement with the Ys franchise at all. Oh well.<p>I also e-mailed Falcom of Japan asking if they would ship the PC remakes of Ys I&II to me here in California. They replied with a grand total of about $120 shipped, but stated that they would not guarantee compatibility with a US verision of Win XP. I e-mailed the guy who programmed the English translation hacks, but he has yet to repond, and seeing as that the last time his site was updated was November of '03, I doubt I'll hear from him anytime soon (if at all).<p>I'm not sure if I want to spend $120 just to find out they won't play on my system.
zoothe

Ys Anime?

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:41 am

And one of the YS games on the SNES was different than it's counterpart.<p>I believe it was YS 4: Mask of the Sun for SNES<br>and Ys 4: Dawn of Ys for TUrbo CD.<p>((Then there is YS 1, Ys Books 1 and 2, Ys 1 and 2, YS vanished omens.. Ys 5 was the Sand city of something I think))<p>Now my question is, Which one is correct? Dawn of Ys or Mask of the Sun?<p>the Ys games suffer worse continuity issues than PS and certain other animes.
Lord Khyron

Ys Anime?

Postby zoothe » Wed May 05, 2004 1:05 am

I read on an RPG site that Konami has stated that they are planning a Winter 2004 release of Ys VI. I guess it's better than nothing, but I wish they'd release Ys Eternal as well.<p>Also, regarding the translation hacks I mention above: The guy who wrote the translations replied stating that they will work with the versions available from Falcom.jp. If anyone else is interested in the translations : http://rigg.servegame.com/translations/ ... index.html<p>As for actually ordering them from Falcom; if anyone has questions let me know.<p>[size=small][Edit by zoothe on [TIME]1083719383[/TIME]][/size]
zoothe

Ys Anime?

Postby Benoit » Wed May 05, 2004 2:17 pm

Konami is a fucking bastard. They won't release Tokimeki Memorial. :@ <p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1083866071[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

Ys Anime?

Postby ill-intent » Thu May 06, 2004 2:03 am

Text-story games NEVER make it here. I have over 20 different murder-mystery or adventure cinema text games for saturn, DC and ps1 that had AMAZING storylines. (the Jinguji series, or Kindaiichi or Exodus Guilty. <br> I remember they used to release them back in the old 8-bit days (remember Shadowgate or Deja-Vu?). It's too bad people get caught up in games having to have state of the art graphics. (you should hear how badly PC mags bash the megaman series bases soley on it's simple graphics.....)
ill-intent

Ys Anime?

Postby ill-intent » Thu May 06, 2004 2:21 am

Oh, and back to the YS topic, both Ys 4s were released for the SNES. I have no idea what the difference is as I've only played the PS engine one (Dawn of Ys). But then again, they did 2 versions of 5 for SNES too(the regular and an "expert edition"). Maybe later I'll get off my butt and download them for SNES emulator........
ill-intent

Ys Anime?

Postby Benoit » Thu May 06, 2004 5:56 pm

Except that Tokimeki Memorial is known worldwide, and merchandise is sold worldwide as well. But the game remains in Japan. Bad move.<p>Hehe, and I'm a big fan of bishoujo games (Tokimeki Memorial is one, for people who don't know), which get translated to English, on the PC. Heard about them? :)<p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1083866259[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

Ys Anime?

Postby zoothe » Thu May 06, 2004 7:29 pm

Would you guys consider Konami's "Snatcher" to be of this type of game? I freaking loved that game!
zoothe

Ys Anime?

Postby ill-intent » Thu May 06, 2004 9:20 pm

Snatcher and Policenauts...... 2 great games with Hideo Kojima writing (Metal Gear Solid)..... Policenauts even has Meryl in it! (and some of the same music later used in MGS1)<br>
ill-intent

Ys Anime?

Postby zoothe » Thu May 06, 2004 11:38 pm

Yeah. I've been trying to reclaim a copy of the Sega CD release but have you seen how much it's going for on eBay? Some have sold for over $100! Amazing. It really shows how loved that game was/is.
zoothe

Ys Anime?

Postby zoothe » Wed May 12, 2004 11:06 pm

I was at Fry's today and they got a new Ys anime dvd set in. It's called Ys Legacy and I think it has the first two releases. I was going to get it but already had some stuff to buy so maybe later. On the package it something about a "Ys IV preview"... what's that? Like a fourth anime or what?
zoothe

Ys Anime?

Postby iceman1977 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:32 pm

Hmm! dude they have more than 4 episodes of the Y's anime.
iceman1977

Previous

Return to Anime / Manga