Page 1 of 2
Football anime series...

Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:17 am
by Missagh
For a couple of years ago, I visit a couple of my relatives in Iran, and saw that they aired a football/soccer anime tv-series.. anyone know the name of it?<br>I think I once played a Genesis/SegaCD game based on that show too, not sure though

<p>Best regards,
Football anime series...

Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:23 pm
by Missagh
Never mind; Captain Tsubasa!
Football anime series...

Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:11 am
by Monocromatico
Capitain Tsubasa has a very simple plot (kids that take part on a juvenile football league, some are friends, some are foes), but I found it strangely addictive o.O I am not even a big fan of football, nor did I like the art...
Football anime series...

Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:18 pm
by Missagh
Tell me about it, I saw the show in Iran for many years ago.. and found it pretty addictive.<p>BTW, I am a very big football fan.
Football anime series...

Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:08 pm
by Monocromatico
Hmmm... well, so there´s Oliver Tsubasa, a kid whose father died or something, and was grown by his mother. His true love is football. Soon, he meets Taro Mizake (here they called him "Carlos"), a boy that came from Brazil, and a great football player. In fact, they got hooked together because Oliver found in Taro a true football player that could face him in equal conditions any time.<p>They organize a football team in their town with other minor characters (I don´t remember their names, their determined goalkeeper was one of the main characters), and the frist part of the series focuses in a national junior league, where other major characters are presented (like Kojiro Hyuga, the best player of Hokaido Island, etc). The matches are real battles, and dramatic until the last minute.<p>They stopped showing this series at the point where Oliver, Taro and Hyuga (already adults, playing professionally for real teams around the world) start to play for the Japan national team, for the eliminatory World Cup matches, Asiatic Zone.<p>There are all those personal dramas, like Kojiro´s family problems, the consequences of constant moving to Taro´s life, etc.. At the end, you don´t know who you are gonna hail for, because they all deserve to win, and all that :^P<p>This is what I remember at this moment.
Football anime series...

Posted:
Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:45 am
by Lord Khyron
There we also many NES games with that title. I geuss they were all soccer
Football anime series...

Posted:
Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:40 am
by Monocromatico
These games are som kind of RPG soccer or something. You have a menu with all actions your player can take in given situations... I hate their goalies, they are always super heroes or something.
Football anime series...

Posted:
Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:15 am
by Alucard
They have also made a Tennis Manga, as well as one for Go. I like the Go one, haven't read much on the Prince of Tennis as it is called.
Football anime series...

Posted:
Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:01 pm
by Ein Tyrion
is this like soccer football or superbowl football
Football anime series...

Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:09 pm
by Monocromatico
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Ein Tyrion</i><p>is this like soccer football or superbowl football<br></blockquote><p>Real Football, like, the one you play with your feet, hence the name.<p>(*doesn´t understand why american rules rugby is called "football". Feh*)
Football anime series...

Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:58 am
by Ryucross
Lol. I forgot for a sec that most people in the world refer to soccer as football.<p>It does make more sense, really. I think American Football should be called, “Downball” or “Helmetball” or something…<br>
Football anime series...

Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:22 pm
by Lord Khyron
How about..<p>Collision ball, Smash-Ball, OUCh-BALL<p>LOL
Football anime series...

Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:29 pm
by Ein Tyrion
*completely lost*
Football anime series...

Posted:
Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:59 pm
by Ryucross
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>How about..<p>Collision ball, Smash-Ball, OUCh-BALL<p>LOL<br></blockquote><br>Those are more appropriate. ^^ Maybe even Crunch or Sackball.. :p<p>
Football anime series...

Posted:
Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:28 am
by Ein Tyrion
Or plainly Run-over-the-other-team-and-score-for-six-points-then-get-the-extra-point-ball??? that has a catchy ring