Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Postby Drake_Zeppeli » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:27 pm

Taking a look through these other threads, I was glad there was Fist of the North Star and Gantz, though, I was disappointed that nobody recommended Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

A brief history behind the series, Jojo is a shonen (now, it is currently seinen) manga written by Hirohiko Araki that is still ongoing since it's debut in 1987.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure follows individuals of a family named Joestar and the eight protagonists of the eight story arcs in the series (Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable, Vento Aureo, Stone Ocean, Steel Ball Run, and the currently ongoing Jojolion.) is nicknamed Jojo due to having "Jo" in their first and last name.

As much as I'd love to give spoilers, I would much rather allow you all to experience the series. You might love the amount of references to Western media due to Araki's love of them. (Fun Fact: The ending theme of Phantom Blood is Roundabout by Yes from the album Fragile, released in 1971.)
Phantasy Star is the love of my life...in the platonic sense.
Drake_Zeppeli
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to Anime / Manga