Hopefully the camera is closer to the character.

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Saner2 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:50 pm

In PSO your character seemed kinda distant. <p>I really liked FFXI cause your character was much closer so you could appreciate their cool outfit and equipment much better and stuff. plus it made them look larger and lifelike. <p>
Saner2

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:06 pm

I will attempt to translate:<p> <blockquote><br>Hopefully the character will take up more of the screen so players can get frustrated at seeing so little of the character's surroundings.<br></blockquote>
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Saner2 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:12 pm

grrr dont exaggerate. FF11 never had view problems. <p>well that's cause the camera was so flexable and not just horizontally. <p>
Saner2

Postby Neo48 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:28 pm

What would be even better would be a customizable camera. With free rotate around your character, as well as zoom in and out options.
Neo48

Postby Saner2 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:06 pm

yeah. tilt would be nice too. <br>
Saner2

Postby Benoit » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:24 pm

Saner, do you have to make a new topic every time you think up a new idea of the game?<p>Look at the PSU forum. Half of the topics are yours!<p>Why not put it all in one topic?
Benoit

Postby Saner2 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:58 pm

each topic is a different subject. <p>it wouldnt make sense to put them under one topic cause not many people read a topic more than once. and if they are pondering about something specific, the LAST place they would think they would find it is in a subject under a different subject. <p>
Saner2

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:11 pm

I'm going to agree with saner. Each half-baked idea needs to have its own topic, unfortunately.<p>Let Missagh Alami be the admin, Benoit ;)<p>But on topic, a player-controlled camera is always a good idea where it is feasible. Tilt, rotate, and zoom until you are comfortable with the view!<br>
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Neo48 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:54 pm

A camera system has to be well down, as it can add a lot of life to the game.
Neo48

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:25 am

WTF? Pso's camera is only slightly far back when you're running.<p>How much closer do you want? Completely behind the person? <p>Where you can only see the ass?<p>Sheesh..
Lord Khyron

Postby Mage1 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:36 am

Or he could mean... you are the person...<p>Looking at peoples ***** is not amusing.<p>I put the system requirements down also.<p>[size=small][Edit by Mage1 on [TIME]1112420193[/TIME]][/size]
Mage1

Postby Saner2 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:46 am

huh no, in PSO the character moves ahead of the camera so much that seem kinda small compared to FFXII's tall and majestic warriors (and I'm not talking elves or galka). <p>
Saner2

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:32 pm

How dare you compare PSO to FFXII! You cannot make a comparison. PSO Episode 2 defeats FFXII graphics wise hands down. <p>Hell, Sony copied PSO with it's "Monster Hunter" online game. Almost same monsters and 4 people in a party..<p>I'll quote Dalamar from Dungeons and Dragons..<p>"You cannot be serious!"
Lord Khyron

Postby Saner2 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:14 am

Monster Hunter was created by Capcom. <p>anyways FFXII has very beautiful character designs, and artwork (not to mention the artifact armors). as well as many parts of the world.<p>PSO is too funky for my taste. it should be more classic anime like PS4. <p>anyways, PSO might have been good but a 100% dungeon crawler doesn't cut it for a Phantasy Star game. <p>it's great PSU is heading in a more practical direction.
Saner2

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:42 pm

A 100 percent dungeon crawler doesn't cut it for a PS game?<p>What the hell was PS 2 then?<p>PSO has the exact same elements as every PS game.<p>Talk to NPC's, go to dungeons. It even mimics 4 with guild missions!<p>Saner, Do you actually sincerely believe what you type?
Lord Khyron

Next

Return to Phantasy Star Universe