Does Phantasy Star Cave Hate PSU

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Does Phantasy Star Cave Hate PSU

Postby FauxPersona » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:02 am

I mean I find it weird that there's no content for PSU on the website but there is for Phantasy Star Portable. PSU wasn't bad and I enjoyed playing it online! Plus is there no "Phan Art" XD for PSU? I'd like to contribute some if that's the issue.
FauxPersona
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: Does Phantasy Star Cave Hate PSU

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:33 pm

No, PS Cave doesn't hate Phantasy Star Universe. I just never got around to making its section because of a lack of demand, resources and (as a result) motivation. The reason Phantasy Star Portable 2 has a section is because it was still relatively new when I got around to making it, and I found the official art in high resolution without any of those annoying water marks. Plus someone contributed a review so there'd be more content than just some image files.

The thing with Phantasy Star Universe, specifically, is that I never found high resolution art of it without water marks, and the game was already thoroughly covered on other websites. I did intend to add a section eventually to at least share the script that I got of Episode 2 and Episode 3, but I never got around to converting my raw text files into proper HTML.

As for fan art, no one has contributed any for Phantasy Star Universe over the years. Except for some Japanese artist that Missagh contacted, I guess, but I never got around to adding it for some reason.

The bottom line is that it's hard to work on this website these days because barely anyone seems to care. Most people still think it's dead for some reason.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby FauxPersona » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 pm

I Love this site (I found it about a few months ago but it's pretty neat!) Have you tried promoting the site somehow? Like a YouTube channel or Facebook?
FauxPersona
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:07 pm

The website has a Facebook page which Missagh maintains. No YouTube channel.
BenoitRen

Postby FauxPersona » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:28 am

Well If I ever get around to doing Let's Plays for Phantasy Star games (or making my own fan made miniseries) I'd like to promote this site!
FauxPersona
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Were this website to get a Phantasy Star Universe section, what would you like it to contain?
BenoitRen

Postby FauxPersona » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:28 pm

Wow! That's tough...besides my fan art I can't really think of anything to add besides a section explaining the story, characters :/, and the online segment...other than that I'd hate to put you through all that and I'd be the only one using the page XD. Also my fan art is just re-imaginings of PS4 characters with PSU adaptions such as Rune being a Newman, Alys a humanoid Cast, and Griz as a blue haired Beast! I plan on making Zio and Chaz soon but didn't know how I could share the pics on the site, I guess there's no need to rant on the lack of Phantasy Star Universe content but......What about PSO2? XD Sorry!
FauxPersona
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:09 pm

I'd love to make a section on Phantasy Star Online 2... when I can play it in English. :) (the unofficial patch won't do, sorry)
BenoitRen

Postby Nommy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:42 pm

I believe the english servers are up, although they're still asian regional. Might want to look into it. I'd do it myself but I'm stuck using hotspot speed internet for the time being.

God, I miss my cable internet...
Nommy
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Phantasy Star Universe