What's your PSII party?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Re: What's your PSII party?

Postby gio » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:26 pm

Well, I finished the game only once, with the following team:

  • Rolf (lv 44)
  • Rudo (lv 43)
  • Amy (lv 43)
  • Shir (lv 42)

I'm not sure it was the best choice. I did choose Amy because I thought a healer/defender is needed. I did choose Shir because I thought she was the only one to have good attack techniques such as Nagra or Nazan, and I thought she could be a good long-term investment. In addition, she has the technique Hinas that I thought was very important if Rolf happen to die. I was disappointed by her weakness, but I was very pleased to discover, by chance (at the very end unfortunately), that she can get the visiophone, a very useful item.

However, I'm surprised to read here that Kain is useful for the end. At first I invested in him but I don't understand how is he that useful, especially at the end where there is almost no robots any more. Did I miss something?

I played the whole game without being aware, until a while, that the best is to select the team you want to build from the outset and not change for the rest of the journey. So at the beginning I changed my team sometimes. I leveled Nei up to level 34, Kain up to level 28, Anna up to level 15, Hugh up to level 11.
User avatar
gio
Pinchant
Pinchant
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 am
Location: France

Re: What's your PSII party?

Postby Zucca » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:02 am

gio wrote:I did choose Shir because I thought she was the only one to have good attack techniques such as Nagra or Nazan, and I thought she could be a good long-term investment. In addition, she has the technique Hinas that I thought was very important if Rolf happen to die. I was disappointed by her weakness, but I was very pleased to discover, by chance (at the very end unfortunately), that she can get the visiophone, a very useful item.
If you found Storm Gear give it to Shir. Using Storm Gear in battle has the effect of GiZan, but for all enemy groups. Shir being fastest can easily deal the first blow. Shir would be even better if there wasn't a tupo in Laconian Dagger stat. That's why you may equip Shir with two shields. IIRC Shir can take Nei Shield. Then put Her in front of the party to take most of the hits.

I also keep Amy just for convenience. I don't want to keep too many healing items around.

I don't think I've ever finished PSII with Hugh or Kain in the party.
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: KUUSANKOSKI, Finland

Re: What's your PSII party?

Postby zio_falz » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:42 am

Just Rolf
User avatar
zio_falz
Locusta
Locusta
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:54 am

Re: What's your PSII party?

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:45 pm

gio wrote:However, I'm surprised to read here that Kain is useful for the end. At first I invested in him but I don't understand how is he that useful, especially at the end where there is almost no robots any more. Did I miss something?

His techniques also work on 'evil' monsters, like those found in the Dezolis temples, and on the Noah.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: What's your PSII party?

Postby echidna_crusader » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:38 pm

My first playthrough I took the classic Rolf, Rudo, Amy, Anna lineup. I'm doing a run with Rolf, Amy, Anny, Shir right now - Shir and Anna going first most of the time has been pretty sweet.
echidna_crusader
Pinchant
Pinchant
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:35 pm

Re: What's your PSII party?

Postby gio » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:45 am

BenoitRen wrote:
gio wrote:However, I'm surprised to read here that Kain is useful for the end. At first I invested in him but I don't understand how is he that useful, especially at the end where there is almost no robots any more. Did I miss something?

His techniques also work on 'evil' monsters, like those found in the Dezolis temples, and on the Noah.
Really?!
User avatar
gio
Pinchant
Pinchant
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 am
Location: France

Re: What's your PSII party?

Postby moana » Sat May 01, 2021 3:05 am

rolf
rudo
anna
amy

anna with 2 nei slasher and amy with the silentshot that paralyse every bio monster in that game, and can also damage neifirst that go up to 200 damage but dont remember on darkforce and motherbrain
moana
Pinchant
Pinchant
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:01 am

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

cron