Phantasy Star 2 diary (with possible spoilers)

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Monocromatico » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:24 pm

I am played PS2 again. I only finished this game once (a second time, I got to the Noah spaceship, but then a glitch prevented me to go any further), so, 3 times after that, I´m trying again.<p>I´m in my 11th day. I already got lost in the Scoundrels hideout, Nido Tower and Biosystems Lab. Got the jet scooter (didn´t get lost in Roron, for once), and went to get the Maruera leaf. I started searching for the Maruera Tree last monday and found only yesterday. 3 days looking for that godamn tree ¬.¬<p>Anyway, I´m ready to get into the Climatrol. Nei is level 34, and Rolf is level 17. I have Rudo and Hugh in my party. I´m going to try the Moon Dew trick on Nei and keep her alive to defeat Neifirst. I never saw the scene when she defeats her. <p>For now, I´m planing on using Rudo, Kain and Shir to go through the rest of the game.<p>More to come.
Monocromatico

Postby ill-intent » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:16 pm

Yay! Always happy to hear someone playing 2 and NOT using both Rudo and Anna. Not that I hate the characters or anything, but it's just cooler to actually mess around with the others.<p> Personally, I had the most fun (and used the most finess) using Shir, Hugh and Anna. It was fun trying to play with no heavy hitter and no real healer. <br>
ill-intent

Postby lutz4ever » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:19 pm

Are you playing the real thing or emulation? Good luck by the way lol I always get lost everywhere :P
lutz4ever

Postby Monocromatico » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:26 pm

I´m playing on an emulator. I have the advantage of pressing F5 every time I find myself in an unconfortable situation (read: "lost in a maze") :^P<p>The first time I beat PS2, I did it with Rudo, Kain and Anna. Full attack, and anti-machine techniques. With Shir, I will have to rely more on battle tatics, which will be interesting.
Monocromatico

Postby looked » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:43 pm

I´m going to try the Moon Dew trick on Nei and keep her alive to defeat Neifirst. I never saw the scene when she defeats her
<p>That doesn't count. You have to beat her with Nei alone to get the special sequence. I suggest find a group of blastoids, killing off the rest of your party, and then using the blastoid trick to level up. <p>I just finished the game twice in a row myself. Once with Rudo Anna and Amy, and a Second time with Hugh Kain and Shir. Both games combined took me about 11 days, but I don't get lost that much anymore.
looked

Postby Monocromatico » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:03 pm

12th day.<p>I beat Neifirst... I found out myself that I can´t get the special sequence if Nei dies in the first encounter, so I pressed F8 and saved a Moon Dew :^P <p>I formed my definitive party with Rudo, Kain and Shir (went only with Rolf and Kain outside Paseo, raised Kain to level 10 in 5 minutes). I opened the blue dam, and now I´m heading to the red dam. Rolf is currently level 22.<p>Did I mention I am not using any maps? :^P<p>Edit: Kain is basically attacking using the Storm Gear or using techs, so I think I will equip him with two shields instead.<p>[size=small][Edit by Monocromatico on [TIME]1076688483[/TIME]][/size]
Monocromatico

Postby Benoit » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:03 pm

I don't use maps either. Maps are for pussies.
Benoit

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:01 pm

Shields are underrated in PS2. In my experience your best bet is to have the weaker characters using at least one Shield/Emel instead of trying full offense. When you get to the dams and can Storm Gear the bejeezus out of the enemies, two shields is the right idea.<p>Let Rolf and Rudo do all the smashing :)
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Hero » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:29 pm

Phantasy Star 2 ^^<p>a play it too when i have a bit more of spare time right now <3<br>i play it through Gens and in my oppinion using maps is cheap! so is it is constantly hitting that no good F5 ><' i love to play it fair , the ways i used to play it back then saving game at memory stations. challenge, this is what i call fun ~<p>the best trio for a company i think are Rudo , Hugh and Kain, becouse i say that best defense is attack. to think it is a little hard without Amy's healing techniques but straight attacks sure does the better job letting Hugh take care of all the biomonsters and Kain fixing those nood androids by the special 100% technique they have (duh, ..not mentioning it's aiming)
Hero

Postby looked » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:07 am

F5 isn't really all that cheap, you get the Visiphone anyway, and it saves you the time of actually saving. Once you get to Dezo you might want to get 2 Laconia Maces for Kain. Your levels are pretty high, and you shouldn't need as much defense. I only use sheilds on Hugh and Shir, since they are the characters can't really attack. Sometimes Amy. Acidshots do more damage to single enemies than the Storm gear will.
looked

Postby lutz4ever » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:03 pm

oooooo its been so long since I played this. *Pulls megadrive out of cupboard* ^_^
lutz4ever

Postby Dr. Casey » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:56 pm

I really think Phantasy Star 2 has the best music in the series. This is some good stuff right here. My favorite is probably the music on Dezolis.
Dr. Casey

Postby Benoit » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:47 pm

*plays the music in his head*<br>Yeah...
Benoit

Postby Monocromatico » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:04 pm

Actually, I´m playing with the sound off... most of the PS2 tunes aren´t just my style. After a few minutes, I just want to bang my head on the wall when the battle theme pops up.<p>Edit: 13th day. I have got to Dezoris yesterday. I spent all the day trying to find the right paths in Skure (and leveling up in the process). Today I finally found Lutz, and started going to the invisible towers. I got 3 Nei items (God knows how I found them), and I don´t remember a thing about where are all the towers. I think I will spend yet a lot of time playing this game. Rolf is level 30 already, and Rudo´s defence is totally crap... I didn´t expect that.<p>[size=small][Edit by Monocromatico on [TIME]1076806421[/TIME]][/size]
Monocromatico

Postby SkymanDr » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:46 am

Not your style? That's too bad, but I can certainly relate to being annoyed half-way to the brink of insanity by (game)music which you cannot correlate to! <p>Personally though, I agree with Dr. Casey; PS2 has the best music of the series! (As well as the ebst story in my humble oppinion, but then again it was the first I played for real som I'm a bit biased I guess...)
SkymanDr

Next

Return to Phantasy Star